2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

45 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Would you trade #1 to Minnesota for Justin Jefferson and #11 (as a base of the trade with other parameters most likely)?

Zero chance. I’m not gift wrapping a premium QB prospect for a divisional opponent under any circumstance. 

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

Would you trade #1 to Minnesota for Justin Jefferson and #11 (as a base of the trade with other parameters most likely)?

I have said before, I would trade with anyone, including inter-division.

BUT giving a Rival the chance at a Franchise QB would have to come at a prohibitive cost. Were talking Ricky Williams/Hershal Walker

To drop down to 11, I would need from Minnesota #11 + #42 + #109 + #130 + 2025 1st + 2025 2nd + 2026 1st + 2026 3rd + Jefferson or Addison

They would never do it, and thats the point. But I guess you never know if they are extremely desperate

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

I have said before, I would trade with anyone, including inter-division.

BUT giving a Rival the chance at a Franchise QB would have to come at a prohibitive cost. Were talking Ricky Williams/Hershal Walker

To drop down to 11, I would need from Minnesota #11 + #42 + #109 + #130 + 2025 1st + 2025 2nd + 2026 1st + 2026 3rd + Jefferson or Addison

They would never do it, and thats the point. But I guess you never know if they are extremely desperate

I think JJ, even with a new contract, is worth likely 2 1sts. That's why i said JJ + 11 as the starting point. If it takes another 2/3 and a couple day 3 picks, then maybe?

If Poles decides JJ/DJ, plus lets say Bowers at #9 and Verse at #11 rolling forward with what we have with JF, there are definitely worse places to be as a franchise, and that offense could be humming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

Trade a quality QB prospect for a all be it quality WR but one with a soon to be $35 million cap hit? No thanks.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

It wouldn't shock me if this was the play...Washington have pretty much so tried to build the staff that Caleb would want to play for...if Poles gets offered say...

#2 which becomes Drake Maye (IMO a better prospect than any QB last season)

2025 1st

2025 3rd

WR Terry McLaurin

Does all that outweigh Caleb?

Edited by Madmike90

29 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

It wouldn't shock me if this was the play...Washington have pretty much so tried to build the staff that Caleb would want to play for...if Poles gets offered say...

2025 1st

2025 3rd

WR Terry McLaurin

I’m assuming you meant #40

Bur honestly wouldn’t even need Terry for it to outweigh Caleb Williams for me 

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

2025 1st

2025 3rd

WR Terry McLaurin

Most probably.  I honestly haven't looked closely at Maye, but I hear good things. 

A lot of Bears fans would lose their minds as they have locked into Fields or Caleb.  

Trading with Wash and stripping their resources that likely results in a top 5 pick again next year is a big consideration to factor in.

I would ask for a 2025 2.   Not sure if I ask for McLaurin.  

29 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I wouldn't want McLaurin in that trade as this is a good year for WRs. Make them include their other 2nd rounder or Jonathan Allen or something like that. 

i agree - i like Terry, but either give me the 3T that Flus craves or #36 to grab another quality player on their rookie deal

30 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I wouldn't want McLaurin in that trade as this is a good year for WRs. Make them include their other 2nd rounder or Jonathan Allen or something like that. 

I think ideally that would be the way of it but I am doubtful they would be willing to give the likes of Allen or Payne up.