Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

23 million to ride the bench?  Next year is his 4th year. It's like 11 million.  If he rolled of 5 straight 300 yd 5 TD games(would never happen but it's the bar you set) they are keeping him if a team doesn't way overpay in trade. 

I think you are trying to refer to the cost of the 5th year option. They wouldn't pick that up unless something like 5 300 yd three td games or better happened. 

Realistically, if he performed well as the initial question stated, the correct move would be to decline the option and give him the Jordan Love deal as a bridge contract. Nothing close to 23 million per year. 

It's all pretty moot since he isn't going to put up 300 yds and 2+ tds the rest of the way but I'm so tired of rash illogical arguments that accomplish nothing other than set the franchise back time and time again. Cutting bait on a guy that throws "50 yds and zero ints" in 4 games is beyond illogical. If Mike white did that you'd be pushing him to Canton....

For $11M, if he just repeats another 300 yard game with multiple TDs and doesn't embarrass himself any other week, he's worth keeping. It doesn't mean we can't sign a decent FA, or even draft a QB too because he'd still be tradable. Cutting Zach would be an option if he reverts back to 150 yards a game, but if he kills the FO isn't going to let him walk because he was bad.

That win was right on cue. Season is pretty much over and the chance of making the playoffs pretty much non existent, so of course here comes the win. 

I don’t buy the Saleh rhetoric that they didn’t change up the game plan with Zach in the 2nd half. This is too similar to the Chiefs game when they were down 17 and suddenly he was “allowed” to throw the ball. Saleh believes that the playcalling was not an issue. Let’s see if that was an aberration like the Chiefs game or if these guys can figure out how to maintain some kind of offensive game plan that can produce yards again.

Next week should be telling

• Like 1

No matter what happen to Wilson this year, he will be gone after this season.  He is finished with Jets.

We may need to keep eyes on Sam Darnold, Drew Lock, Jameis Winston and maybe Mike Tannenhill (should be retired) for Vikings' starting opportunity.  The former 2 may re sign with their teams to continue serving as backup qb.  Winston is in the air as I think he could end up with Titans or Panthers to push 2023's qbs.

I get feeling Kirk Cousins will sign with Patriots.  Solving qb dilemma so Bill Belicheck can actually coach games.

If Vikings strike out on every aforementioned qbs then they could be a strong suit for Wilson.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

It's incredible how Rodgers was able to pull this off. I want him to play at least 1 game just to complete this accomplishment.  

Just hope that he shuts up about how he wants to build the surrounding him after his pals fail Jets big time.

All this AR hype of his return although encouraging is simply or simplistic at best to put him in harms way this year with guys who yesterday were on the verge of being cut outright on other teams (practice squad players).

Yeah, hey AR, we just pick up some OL who if we didn't pluck them off the PS would be truck drivers today, or cabbies. Lets put your million dollar butt behind them and show the entirety of the NFL how wonderful you are and what donkeys we are.

AR needs to plop his near 40 year old butt on the bench until the Jets can field decent protection for him, because let me tell you this all you Jet fan hopefuls. 

If AR goes down next year, 2 years in a row, the Jets are up poop creek without a paddle and no prospects on the horizon to bail them out. No QB of the future even sitting on the bench. 

Oh, the humanity!!!!

@xrade

Rodgers has tendency to stick with number one WR. That means he will target his go to guy for majority of time and forget everyone else.   Despite his age, Adams will push Wilson into secondary group.  Will Wilson be whining? I don't know but he already whined some point in the past about poor offense.  Not to mention, acquiring Adams can cost us RT or LT in 1st round depending on who they sign as a starting T.

Signing marquee WR can cause the similar ripple as acquiring Adams in WR room.  Also, they may be as expensive as LT.  If Jets opt for one splashing FA then go for LT because Jets should not count on two rookies to handle T spots. Tyler Boyd may be an ideal because he never represented himself as number one WR and it is a bargain deal to have him aboard.

My aforementioned brainstorm doesn't hurt the future picks as Jets clear off day 2 pick to pick day 3 among a natural number 2 WR.   Top needs are LT, RT and productive WR for 2024 and I hit all by day 2 which is good.

If Jets managed to obtain WR and T via FA then I would have no objection.

@rickyt31

How about Taylor Decker?  I know he has bad back but he can still be good enough to man LT for about 3 years.  Penei Sewell's 5th year option will be obviously exercised this off season so Lions may move him back to LT for good before they give him new contract. Lions don't need to do that because Sewell has uncanny athleticism so he can plug in any place and marvels at there. Just explore fallback options.  Thoughts?

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

@rickyt31

How about Taylor Decker?  I know he has bad back but he can still be good enough to man LT for about 3 years.  Penei Sewell's 5th year option will be obviously exercised this off season so Lions may move him back to LT for good before they give him new contract. Lions don't need to do that because Sewell has uncanny athleticism so he can plug in any place and marvels at there. Just explore fallback options.  Thoughts?

I think he should be on the list of options, I just need to know what happened in that game he gave up about 4 sacks. He may have tried to play through injuries he shouldn't have played with. 

At the very least, I'm open to picking up David Bakhtiari after he get cut and still drafting a OT. I believe there will be options out there. There are always unhappy options who want out. Drafting a LT would be nice, but we need to explore the other options just in case. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I think he should be on the list of options, I just need to know what happened in that game he gave up about 4 sacks. He may have tried to play through injuries he shouldn't have played with. 

At the very least, I'm open to picking up David Bakhtiari after he get cut and still drafting a OT. I believe there will be options out there. There are always unhappy options who want out. Drafting a LT would be nice, but we need to explore the other options just in case. 

Bakhtiari's health is shot. He should retire. lol.