Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

I think Graham Glasgow would be a perfect fit for us, could slide right in at G or C giving us flexibility( I think Tipp was better at RG personally) bring him and Jermaine Elumenor in and I think Our OL could pull a full 180 potentially.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I think Graham Glasgow would be a perfect fit for us, could slide right in at G or C giving us flexibility( I think Tipp was better at RG personally) bring him and Jermaine Elumenor in and I think Our OL could pull a full 180 potentially.

That would be nice.  Apparently, AR may have a problem with a rookie LT, so getting a starting OT while still drafting one at 10 to play RT makes sense.  I like getting a FA OG/OC.  They have to ditch Tomlinson.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, xrade said:

That would be nice.  Apparently, AR may have a problem with a rookie LT, so getting a starting OT while still drafting one at 10 to play RT makes sense.  I like getting a FA OG/OC.  They have to ditch Tomlinson.

Cody Whitehair just got released from the Bears. I liked him coming out and was a pro bowl guy a few years ago. He did have a down year but he can play G/C and is going to be 32 so he is not that old yet. At least he would be a good swing guy and fight Tomlinson for his job. 

57 minutes ago, xrade said:

Unfortunately this crop of OT doesn’t have many notable LT, Donovan Smith and Jonah Williams are probably the 2 top LT this offseason but I don’t personally see them as stalwarts there I’d rather roll with a guy Like Olu or Fauga at LT than those 2 personally 

19 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I thought too but we still need a legit pass protector to protect Rodgers.   That area Glasgow flatly sucked.

3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Unfortunately this crop of OT doesn’t have many notable LT, Donovan Smith and Jonah Williams are probably the 2 top LT this offseason but I don’t personally see them as stalwarts there I’d rather roll with a guy Like Olu or Fauga at LT than those 2 personally 

I really wish we brought in a new OL coach

• Like 1

I would not mind Jimmy G as a backup to Rodgers. At least we could compete if you know who went down again (and you know he will, it is just the Jets way).

This whole situation has MASSIVE implosion potential. I think if the Jets were hoping to lose the moniker of "laughingstock", they are going about it the wrong way. Another offensive mind to help Hackett? Saleh focusing on offense (which screams Matt Patricia to me)? Rodgers not wanting a rookie at left tackle? Ooof. 

Not that I want a large contingent of Packers fans to start invading this board again, but what about David Bakhtiari? Are the Packers going to keep him? They made the playoffs without him in 2023. 

If released, bring him on board. And when the inevitable injury happens, go to the rookie LT that we draft. Although, if Rodgers wants a veteran at LT, should we even draft a left tackle in round 1? 

Perhaps we should focus free agency on offense, to appease Rodgers, and continue building up the defense via the draft? 

This whole thing has major clusterf&#k potential. 

5 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I would not mind Jimmy G as a backup to Rodgers. At least we could compete if you know who went down again (and you know he will, it is just the Jets way).

This whole situation has MASSIVE implosion potential. I think if the Jets were hoping to lose the moniker of "laughingstock", they are going about it the wrong way. Another offensive mind to help Hackett? Saleh focusing on offense (which screams Matt Patricia to me)? Rodgers not wanting a rookie at left tackle? Ooof. 

Not that I want a large contingent of Packers fans to start invading this board again, but what about David Bakhtiari? Are the Packers going to keep him? They made the playoffs without him in 2023. 

If released, bring him on board. And when the inevitable injury happens, go to the rookie LT that we draft. Although, if Rodgers wants a veteran at LT, should we even draft a left tackle in round 1? 

Perhaps we should focus free agency on offense, to appease Rodgers, and continue building up the defense via the draft? 

This whole thing has major clusterf&#k potential. 

Packers will release David Bakhtiari due to salary cap issue. Besides their starting tackles are set. He should be retiring anyway.

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

If we miss out on vet OTs we really like, I can see us adding Bakhtiari for a cheap deal for insurance. You can't leave FA empty-handed at OT. 

At this point I think we are going to see Carter Warren on the field a lot next year 

• Like 1