Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

Fields would be a fallback plan if his market dries up completely. I think we have to assume Rodgers is going to be around for a few years, so ideally we should draft a raw, talented QB who needs time to develop. I don't think Fields is the finished product, but he is an NFL starting QB right now. Teams would be crazy to not give him a shot before using a dart throw on another rookie from this draft class. 

On another note, I like the re-signing of Chuck Clark. Starting safety at a discount because of the injury. Good on them to bring him back, and good on him to want to come back.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Do you think Justin Fields is worth a shot? Seems like his market isn’t super hot, could trade and extend him maybe for life after Rodgers

I don't see any relationship between him and Jets so I highly doubt Fields will accept an extension as he will test FA market in hoping to have a similar fortune as Baker Mayfield.

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Fields would be a fallback plan if his market dries up completely. I think we have to assume Rodgers is going to be around for a few years, so ideally we should draft a raw, talented QB who needs time to develop. I don't think Fields is the finished product, but he is an NFL starting QB right now. Teams would be crazy to not give him a shot before using a dart throw on another rookie from this draft class. 

On another note, I like the re-signing of Chuck Clark. Starting safety at a discount because of the injury. Good on them to bring him back, and good on him to want to come back.

No brainer on re signing Clark. 

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jets have upgraded tackling situation with signing Chuck Clark and Isaiah Oliver. Still need to find LB and DT.

Will Oliver play ahead of Michael Carter II as the NB? Didn't he struggle in SF this past season?

Edited by Jag68Sid87

Looks like they have interest in Javon Kinlaw at DT. Not surprised. Good be a good cheap add with huge upside. Id expect them to keep soloman thomas as well but who knows. they may think they can grab aDT in the later rounds to groom.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hypothetical, low probability scenario.

Drake Maye falls to pick 10 and Jets take him with Rodgers fully on board with the pick and plan for Maye to sit behind him.

Are you happy or mad?

Edited by Mattmanz

54 minutes ago, Mattmanz said:

Drake Maye falls to pick 10 and Jets take him with Rodgers fully on board with the pick and plan for Maye to sit behind him.

Are you happy or mad?

Can we be guaranteed he will become a good starting QB?  No, then pass. Build the infrastructure first (OL, WR’s) then worry about drafting a QB with a high pick. Just draft a day three QB and see if he can develop into something. 

2 hours ago, Mattmanz said:

Are you happy or mad?

Yes you take him at 10. The biggest problem with the Jets and most of the NFL they NEVER let a QB sit for a year or 2 and learn. I have Maye as the number 2 QB in the draft. Caleb Williams is NOT in my top 3 for QB's. My number 1 guy and I know this is carzy but Bo Nix. My order right now is Nix, Maye and then Daniels. I think Williams is a massive bust and is no where near the QB TLaw was coming in. So him being the best QB prospect in awhile is a joke to me. Elway, Manning and TLaw are the best QB prospects to come out. I would say Marino but he had injury problems so that just moves him down 1 level.