Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

if you remember there were many people on this board that didn't want us to draft Becton, with a first-round pick. I agree with your post Becton has been dreadful, I also think he won't be in the league much longer.

I was one that hated this pick. I want Warf out of Iowa that year bad. This year I want Alt. He is a franchise LT and I would not be mad if they moved up a few spots to grab him or Nabers.

We have an all-pro left tackle. There is no need to move up to draft Alt anymore. If he falls to 10? Sure, take him. 

But I think trading down makes the most sense for us. If we can land a WR, a developmental LT and a pick in 2025 for 10, we have to do it.

• Like 1

Leaning towards a weapon over an OT. Zach Wilson and his awesome mobility really didn’t help the offensive line much. His sack rate was double Siemiens, and I’m willing to bet it’s about the same with Flacco and the other statues we started the last two years. Not knowing where to go with the ball/having no command of the offense makes the OLs job so much harder.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I honestly felt for you guys last year losing Rodgers in very first game.  I hope he plays whole season this year.

We are Jets fans.  We are used to the Gods hating them.

A part of me is glad last season happened the way it did. We landed a good pick, a great free agency period if healthy, and now everyone has a different mentality this offseason. We have to knock the draft out because we have a rare opportunity to actually develop everyone with really good vets in each position. 

3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

New Jerseys look niceeee, always loved the 80’s jerseys

Love going back to the old logo with the jet plane. Might actually get some new gear for the first time in years. At least we won’t look like a high school team again this year. 

Edited by JohnnyHectorFan

21 minutes ago, xrade said:

I hate the fact that no matter what they wear, they still lose games.

Fair 🤣 very fair. I've just, been well trained in the art of losing. I was born in November of 86. I root for the Mets, jets, Knicks, and Islanders. I've never gotten to witness a championship team in any major sport.

I have gotten to watch the the rangers win one, Celtics win multiple titles, the Red Sox win multiple times, the Yankees, braves( a million divisional titles too), nationals Marlins and Phillies all win and of course the patriots dominate everyone.....

Sooo yeah, losing is what we do.

Edited by drew39k