Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

On 4/17/2024 at 12:32 PM, drew39k said:

root for the Mets, jets, Knicks, and Islanders.

Ouch. You’re a real masochist. At least I have my Yankees. Although they have been a disappointment for a bit now.

13 hours ago, xrade said:

Ouch. You’re a real masochist. At least I have my Yankees. Although they have been a disappointment for a bit now.

I got the red sox, celtics and Jets. I watched football and loved the Jets way more than anything else. Being from Maine I kind of fell into these teams. I did love watching Bird play and Jim Rice lol 

7 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I got the red sox, celtics and Jets. I watched football and loved the Jets way more than anything else. Being from Maine I kind of fell into these teams. I did love watching Bird play and Jim Rice lol 

You still in Maine? I'm in southern New Hampshire. Actually just got married this past weekend in York Beach at short sands. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

You still in Maine? I'm in southern New Hampshire. Actually just got married this past weekend in York Beach at short sands. 

Congratulations!

On 4/19/2024 at 3:50 PM, drew39k said:

Yup just 45 minutes north of Augusta a place called Madison right beside Skowhegan. Congrats on getting married. 

2 hours ago, jetfan8178 said:

Whats the odds that pick turns into Joe Milton? lol

Get rid of 24 years old qb with 2 year as a NFL starter for 24 years old qb with a ton of developmental project.

Good Plan.

• Like 1

I'm so tired of being a Jets fan. I cannot celebrate the trading away of Zach Wilson. It's just the cycle repeating itself all over again. Like Darnold, Like Smith, Like Sanchez. 

Its like I argued 4 years ago when so many on this board were clamoring to dump Sam and draft Zach. The right move then was always to keep Sam and trade out of three. We would have gotten an absolute haul that would have allowed us to see if Sam was any good with an actual line and wrs instead of the garbage decisions we made in drafting Zach and throwing him into a dumpster fire.

It sucks. We are back on the Brett Favre portion of a cycle, clinging to hope that some old formerly good QB can somehow do good for 1 or 2 seasons before we go back to drafting QBs high and refusing to do the leg work of actually sitting and developing them.

The sad part is, Woody has no balls. He has no ability to stand up to wishy washy, fickle fans. Instead he caves to the loudest most impulsive segments of fandom and sports media, firing coaches and forcing moves far before they are sensical. Until he's gone, this stupid cycle of impatient, short sighted decision making is going to continue to prevent this team from actually developing a consistent winner. 

Chasing Instant success is a fools errand, and the dumbest part of the whole thing, is that we actually hit gold with the 09/10 Ryan squads but immediately flushed it down the drain the second there was a speedbump. We played in a division with BRady and Bill, there were always going to be speed bumps, but those teams should have been given the more leash instead of continually dumping our best wrs. 

So, yay, we got rid of the kid we destroyed.... yay. We wasted years.... yay we wasted all the value we could have gotten by trading down instead of taking him.... yay..... Now we get to draft a TE at 10 and hope our injury riddled offensive line can hold up and protect our nutjob 40 yo QB coming off a major injury,while also hoping that we draft the next Russel wilson or kirk cousins with a mid round pick instead of james morgan or ryan mallett or any number of the dozens of midround qbs that bust every single draft. yahoo.