Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

Sure, looks like Zach Wilson, is going to be around for two more months if we cut him, we will take a huge cap hit. Everything I read in the papers or on the internet If we traded him the best thing, we would get in return is a 6 or 7 round pick in the 2024 draft. Zach Wilson, this could end up being the worst draft pick in Jets history. 

Edited by doumeyer

Just in case you wonder who our all-time bust first round bust were here they are.

Vern Gholston pick 6 we PASSED UP on Warron Sapp Jers fans booed that pick

Dee Milliner pick 9  another total blust

Johnny Lamm Jones pick #2 dropped more passes than he caught.

Kyle Brady   pick #10 he was a bust as a pass receiver

Blair Thomas pick #2   Total bust

What makes Zach Wilson the worst of all he was going to be the Jets future, franchise QB.?

Sam Darnold pick #3 this guy willl spend the rest of this career as a third string player or a practice time player on the scout team, he is a long line of USC Busts.

Edited by doumeyer

On 2/18/2024 at 12:42 PM, Dr.O said:

I’d be tight, dude is a walking injury

The FA period starts march 11 at 4-pm to talk to players March 13 they can start to sign players. as of now I don't think we have two nickel's to rub together.  So as of now it doesn't look good for us as of now. But who knows what is going to happen in the next two weeks.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Just in case you wonder who our all-time bust first round bust were here they are.

What makes Zach Wilson the worst of all he was going to be the Jets future, franchise QB.?

Sam Darnold pick #3 this guy willl spend the rest of this career as a third string player or a practice time player on the scout team, he is a long line of USC Busts.

Lam Jones was not that bad, he just was not a #2 overall pick. He still complemented Wesley Walker pretty well. He was the deep threat, Walker did the tough receiving work. It worked pretty well. 

He definitely should not be on this list, and he definitely should not be compared to Zach Wilson.

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

What’s our cap looking like? Assuming we cut the obvious guys like Laken, CJ and a few others what type of money are we looking at?

I don't think either guy is an "obvious cut". We need to replace both guys if we cut both, and we already have needs/holes. A restructure for Mosley is possible. We need to come up with a guard in free agency before we cut Tomlinson, imo.

Priorities for free agency should be OT, backup QB, run-stuffing DT and safety. Those are needs. If we cut two guys, that list of needs goes up by two.

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I don't think either guy is an "obvious cut". We need to replace both guys if we cut both, and we already have needs/holes. A restructure for Mosley is possible. We need to come up with a guard in free agency before we cut Tomlinson, imo.

Priorities for free agency should be OT, backup QB, run-stuffing DT and safety. Those are needs. If we cut two guys, that list of needs goes up by two.

Was talking about CJ Uzomah

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Right now we are $12M under. Cutting Uz and Tomlinson will get us to $25M. They need to go ASAP because we need the $. We can get almost any FA OG to replace him. He was that bad. But I suspect JD will target a mid level OG and starting caliber OT. We do not need a top end DT just to play 2 downs as a run stuffer.  JD needs to focus 90% on fixing the O. As for S, replace Whitehead with what we have on the roster. Not a big need. Backup QB - yes please. 

11 minutes ago, xrade said:

Right now we are $12M under. Cutting Uz and Tomlinson will get us to $25M. They need to go ASAP because we need the $. We can get almost any FA OG to replace him. He was that bad. But I suspect JD will target a mid level OG and starting caliber OT. We do not need a top end DT just to play 2 downs as a run stuffer.  JD needs to focus 90% on fixing the O. As for S, replace Whitehead with what we have on the roster. Not a big need. Backup QB - yes please. 

Chuck Clark would be nice, think cause of his injury he’ll be relatively cheap

19 hours ago, doumeyer said:

It was Kyle Brady that we took over Sapp. I remember this well because Brady was booed so bad and he had never been booed before like that. My mom felt really bad for him. Man did I want Sapp back then so bad. We have had way more bust than just Wilson. At least they will get a pick back unlike most we got nothing back.