The Good, The Bad, The Jimmy G

Totty

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

yup, I liked and disliked his training camp videos. It was just so positive, but he prolly was paid to spin the media that way. 

It wasn’t just positive…. It was outright propaganda.  Doubt it was paid propaganda but there was likely a quid pro quo scenario where Hondo was given higher level of access in exchange for favorable “stories” and “coverage”.  It might not even have been a thing where it was discussed between JMD and Hondo…. Hondo could have just taken it upon himself to do that in order to try and lure favor from the coaches and Front office.  but his coverage was not even laughably bad, it was infuriatingly bad.

now he sees he’s on a sinking ship and is trying to manipulate the past and jump ship.  But the guys an absolute clown and showed his true colors.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I will be the first to admit, I was never a huge Derek Carr fan. But watching Jimmy G has made me realize, maybe he wasn't as bad as I thought.

I appreciate you being willing to say that publicly.  I was not the guy who felt Carr was close to perfect but given he’s always been on bad teams and usually with bad coaching and offenses I feel his career was limited and stunted.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

It wasn’t just positive…. It was outright propaganda.  Doubt it was paid propaganda but there was likely a quid pro quo scenario where Hondo was given higher level of access in exchange for favorable “stories” and “coverage”.  It might not even have been a thing where it was discussed between JMD and Hondo…. Hondo could have just taken it upon himself to do that in order to try and lure favor from the coaches and Front office.  but his coverage was not even laughably bad, it was infuriatingly bad.

now he sees he’s on a sinking ship and is trying to manipulate the past and jump ship.  But the guys an absolute clown and showed his true colors.

This is a direct copy-and-paste of what I said about Hondo in a different thread after the Bears game.

"My personal opinion on Hondo (for which I have exactly zero hard proof) is that he learned early on that he has to play nice (interpret that as you will) with the HC if he wants his favored status. Can't blame him for playing along, the dude has to pay his bills just like the rest of us. But my guess is that he knows full well McDaniels (who we all know by now has a sizable ego) will get some kind of revenge if he (Hondo) goes too hard on the coaching staff -- and so therefore he probably has painted a more optimistic picture at times than is truly the case and maybe even sat on some information in order not to jeopardize his status with the team. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he releases a LOT more stuff if/when McDaniels gets booted out of LV."

• Like 3

14 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Tried telling someone on Reddit the exact same thing about Hondo recently and they got so upset. Spot on brother.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersForever said:

This is a direct copy-and-paste of what I said about Hondo in a different thread after the Bears game.

"My personal opinion on Hondo (for which I have exactly zero hard proof) is that he learned early on that he has to play nice (interpret that as you will) with the HC if he wants his favored status. Can't blame him for playing along, the dude has to pay his bills just like the rest of us. But my guess is that he knows full well McDaniels (who we all know by now has a sizable ego) will get some kind of revenge if he (Hondo) goes too hard on the coaching staff -- and so therefore he probably has painted a more optimistic picture at times than is truly the case and maybe even sat on some information in order not to jeopardize his status with the team. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he releases a LOT more stuff if/when McDaniels gets booted out of LV."

That's exactly what he did when Carr was cut.  Instead of reporting things as they happened, he dumped a whole bunch of crap after he was gone.  Whether it was true or not didn't matter anymore.

as an overall reply to the last few Hondo posts:

yes, JMD is an egomaniac and a rather petty towards those he feels have criticized him so challenging him on even small points would absolutely lead to lack of access at press conferences, inside / off record information, etc.  so I get why a reporter would play nice.

but, hondo acted as a PR team for JMD, spreading lies and disinformation.  He’s went way beyond playing nice.  And does he not have a duty to his readers to spread some resemblance of the truth?  Is it okay for him to do what he did and expect readers to forget?  I won’t forget, he showed his cards a longtime ago and his words worthless to me.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2023 at 10:53 PM, Jerry said:

I think we should fire McDaniels and Zeegs.  Let our DC take over as HC.  I don't know who runs the offense, but I do believe just about anyone would be an improvement.  I think we should roll with AOC.  Keep 6 OL for most plays and let the rookie learn with added protection.  This season/team/everything is just ugly all around.  I've never seen a team turn into such an ugly dumpster fire so quickly.  I was about to list all of the mistakes McDaniels has made during his tenure, but there are probably between 20-50 things he has totally jacked up over the past 2 years.

I feel sorry for D. Adams.  He really deserved better than this.  I just feel bad for our players.  They all deserve better.

Speaking things into existence.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

as an overall reply to the last few Hondo posts:

yes, JMD is an egomaniac and a rather petty towards those he feels have criticized him so challenging him on even small points would absolutely lead to lack of access at press conferences, inside / off record information, etc.  so I get why a reporter would play nice.

but, hondo acted as a PR team for JMD, spreading lies and disinformation.  He’s went way beyond playing nice.  And does he not have a duty to his readers to spread some resemblance of the truth?  Is it okay for him to do what he did and expect readers to forget?  I won’t forget, he showed his cards a longtime ago and his words worthless to me.

I read being petty is the reason he got rid Carr.  He didn’t like it when the team went to him for leader ship instead of the HC

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I read being petty is the reason he got rid Carr.  He didn’t like it when the team went to him for leader ship instead of the HC

Where did you read this? 

Because I read the team got sick of Carr not taking accountability for his poor play and pointing fingers. Which checks out, because he's doing that in NO now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Where did you read this? 

Because I read the team got sick of Carr not taking accountability for his poor play and pointing fingers. Which checks out, because he's doing that in NO now.

It was yesterday, one of the sports websites I forgot but it was a big one.