HC McDaniels and GM Ziegler fired

NickButera

Yep, play the young man ffs!! Seriously, what is there to lose. I’d get every bit of evaluation on every young guy on the team. To be honest, if I was MD, I’d ALMOST mandate it. Lol we know what Nichols and tillery are (future releases.lol) we know who Jenkins is (vet run stopper, sort of) we need more evaluation on the 2 rooks (maybe a butler too?)

• Like 2

Wow. I always knew Josh wasn't a people person, but for every beat writer to be reporting on an insane level of increase of happiness....just goes to show how bad McDaniels was with people. 

By far my biggest concern with the hire to begin with, and it looks like he hasn't changed.

• Like 8

McDaniels contract was 6 years 45 million fully guaranteed is what I’m hearing. 7.5M a year. Gets 33.5M without coaching the team, lol. Mark Davis truly is an idiot. There is ZERO doubt in my mind McDaniels took the job purely because of $$$. I don’t think he was passionate about it. I don’t think he wanted to do it. I don’t think he was emotionally invested in it. But when 45M guaranteed stares you in the face, you are taking it. Give me a passionate coach who seems like he would LOVE to be in Silver and Black.

• Like 1

Not one fan is upset with this firing. Maybe BP if it happened 3 weeks ago. But he clearly changed his opinion over the past couple weeks. And there’s nothing wrong with that. I’ve always thought changing your opinion is a good thing because you’re open to being wrong and open to changing your view. Sticking to one viewpoint (example is Frankie with Carr) is an example of an extreme ego that refuses to be wrong even if he is wrong and close minded. 

It’s nice to see the forum united on this, unanimously and overwhelmingly. **** McDaniels. **** the Patriot way. The Patriot way was spygate from 2001-2006 and Tom Brady from 2007-2019. They are all frauds. Even Bellichick to a degree. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I could have sworn that I read that Mark Davis was cash poor and we couldn't afford to pay off another coach.

Funny, that.

I definitely thought that. Never thought he'd pay JMD not to coach less than two years into the contract, and that was before I knew it was $45M. That's crazy. Good for Mark to make the move

2 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I definitely thought that. Never thought he'd pay JMD not to coach less than two years into the contract, and that was before I knew it was $45M. That's crazy. Good for Mark to make the move

Our financial situation has been wildly overblown the past few years imo.

If we were really that cash poor, Mark wouldn’t have given a 6-year $45m deal to JM in the first place. He’d have gone with Bisaccia on a fraction of that contract.

The move to Vegas has its positives and negatives. One of the plus points though is that it’s allowing us to compete financially. 

34 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

McDaniels contract was 6 years 45 million fully guaranteed is what I’m hearing. 7.5M a year. Gets 33.5M without coaching the team, lol. Mark Davis truly is an idiot. There is ZERO doubt in my mind McDaniels took the job purely because of $$$. I don’t think he was passionate about it. I don’t think he wanted to do it. I don’t think he was emotionally invested in it. But when 45M guaranteed stares you in the face, you are taking it. Give me a passionate coach who seems like he would LOVE to be in Silver and Black.

I said a while back I didn't think Josh cared and only saw a playoff team with (at the time) a franchise QB, franchise RB, franchise TE, solid TE2, solid LT, and a HoF WR wanting to play here and figured it would be a cakewalk to rehab his HC reputation. He had no plan once he realized he couldn't coast and coattail his way through with us. Dude is Bernie Madoff  in football coach form. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I said a while back I didn't think Josh cared and only saw a playoff team with (at the time) a franchise QB, franchise RB, franchise TE, solid TE2, solid LT, and a HoF WR wanting to play here and figured it would be a cakewalk to rehab his HC reputation. He had no plan once he realized he couldn't coast and coattail his way through with us. Dude is Bernie Madoff  in football coach form. 

Hondo Carpenter confirmed that more or less last year, whith his video/article to the Carr release, when he said
"Carr wasn't like they thaught he is, from the outside"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Mark Davis is a Mark for 90s/00s football 😂

Our last 3 coaches were all from 90s football . It also seems like he’s flushed full of money since moving to Vegas. I applaud him for making an aggressive move to get rid of something that obviously wasn’t working. Even if it costed him 45 million. 

• Like 1