HC McDaniels and GM Ziegler fired

NickButera

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I said a while back I didn't think Josh cared and only saw a playoff team with (at the time) a franchise QB, franchise RB, franchise TE, solid TE2, solid LT, and a HoF WR wanting to play here and figured it would be a cakewalk to rehab his HC reputation. He had no plan once he realized he couldn't coast and coattail his way through with us. Dude is Bernie Madoff  in football coach form. 

I think it was more the amount of $ that Mark offered him. We’ve seen FAs for decades come get here and get paid for then lagg it until released 

Josh just like all the other assistants under Bill B are outdated coaching styles that came from Bill Parcells tree. Pretty much nothing w/Brady who proving to be even better as time goes on

Let’s put to rest the silly notion that Mark Davis is broke.(He’s worth billions.)

The Raiders revenue is 729 million in 2022. That’s just the Raiders not the stadium being rented for concerts and not the hockey team. I’m pretty sure Davis made $460 million profit last year. (I can’t find where I read that) 

https://www.forbes.com/teams/las-vegas-raiders/?sh=7b0a79a670ed

Edited by Bitty 2.0
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I could have sworn that I read that Mark Davis was cash poor and we couldn't afford to pay off another coach.

Funny, that.

I would expect the payment not be a direct payment of the remaining salary, but that a coach will be paid according to the timeline that they would have been paid had they not been fired. So every month a payment for the remaining years.

Obviously Davis is capable of paying that, because otherwise he could not have signed him to that contract.

5 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Hondo Carpenter confirmed that more or less last year, whith his video/article to the Carr release, when he said
"Carr wasn't like they thaught he is, from the outside"

Meh that was more Hindo defending Josh at the time than caling Josh out for the charlatan he is. 

Hondo was an absolute lap dog for that tool and his reputation is absolutely shot as far as I'm concerned. If there is anything he said at one point or another that looks like criticism, in hindsight, it's pure dumb luck. Dude is Perez Hilton quality reporting, if Perez Hilton had zero credibility. Lol

14 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Vic and Tashan feeling vindicated has me laughing. I read a Vic Tafur article where he said he and Ziegler stopped talking months ago because he was deemed to negative. How thin skinned can that group be?

Vic has hated on this regime from day. Turns out he was right about a lot of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roninho said:

I would expect the payment not be a direct payment of the remaining salary, but that a coach will be paid according to the timeline that they would have been paid had they not been fired. So every month a payment for the remaining years.

Obviously Davis is capable of paying that, because otherwise he could not have signed him to that contract.

I would guess that you’re right, until the day comes that McDaniels wants to take another job in which case they would reach some kind of settlement.

I was really just making a sarcastic comment about the media narrative that the Raiders wouldn’t be able to afford to pay off this staff, which was obviously nonsense.

• Like 1

Just so it's on paper now that there's a coaching change

This is where we're at as a team statistically

Offensively 

30th in points scored 

last in rushing yards 

21st in passing yards 

31st in total yards 

Defensively

11th most points allowed 

3rd most in rushing yards allowed

9th least in passing yards allowed

18th in total yards 

This way we can see the progress or the regression properly

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Just so it's on paper now that there's a coaching change

This is where we're at as a team statistically

Offensively 

30th in points scored 

last in rushing yards 

21st in passing yards 

31st in total yards 

Defensively

11th most points allowed 

3rd most in rushing yards allowed

9th least in passing yards allowed

18th in total yards 

This way we can see the progress or the regression properly

I also want to take the time to point out the fact that there was all this talk about how Mcdaniels is actually a great offensive mind who only failed because he didnt know how to lead men. He was touted as this guy who was great in the redzone. This is what the guy looks like outside of NE statically when he has the offense of his choosing. 

Like I said before my main problem with Mcdaniels(besides the obvious fact that he comes from a coaching tree that never works and personally didnt work as a head coach prior to coming here) was that I didnt think he was that good at calling plays or running an offense. 

Edited by Jeremy408

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

The only thing ill add to this, is that playing dolphins and KCx2 are going to skew the F out of these stats. 
D could improve, but just those 3 games will probably drop our rankings. 

I could see that happening but the vikings & giants games should also balance it out 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I could see that happening but the vikings & giants games should also balance it out 

oh yeah no doubt, but the vikings / giants / jets . . . kinda similar to say the bears green bay and pitts. 

lions are def a good O though. 

just the 3 best Os we play are def in the back half. 
that said, eye test alone I think we will be able to tell. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

oh yeah no doubt, but the vikings / giants / jets . . . kinda similar to say the bears green bay and pitts. 

lions are def a good O though. 

just the 3 best Os we play are def in the back half. 
that said, eye test alone I think we will be able to tell. 

I didn't think the defense improved until Monday precisely be we performed well against Ben Johnson who is a very popular head coaching candidate.  The lions are top 10 in scoring and #2 in total yards. it wasnt the D's fault we lost(when was the last time that we could say that?) It was the offenses fault. Thats why we have to start asking the question of how good was mcdaniels at running a no brady offense when he doesn't have a defense constantly getting turnovers like he did in NE?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Duh. His demeanour and how he rubs players the wrong way. All this BS about him growing up, learning how to properly lead and stop pretending to be Billy B, etc. All such a waste of time and money.

“I would say that his demeanor and style definitely worked under Coach Belichick,” Gronk continued. “While he was the offensive coordinator, he definitely got the attention of all of the players. He got the details of what everyone needed to do, but it wasn’t like we were going out there to play for Coach McDaniels…”

🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯

• Like 1