Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

17 hours ago, raidersedge said:

Washington - Bill Belichick (I can see Bill in Washington with Josh McDaniels as OC and Drake Maye at QB. Could be a quick rebuild)

I think I believe this is more plausible than lots of Commandos fans. I also think I’m more in favor of it than most Commandos fans. We all want the hotshot wunderkind to be the next coach, but…lots of wunderkinds turn into wonderwhys. The GOAT coach has to be an appealing possibility.

If that is in the cards, Bill needs to coach the game of his life tomorrow and destroy Trevor Siemian.

14 hours ago, 4thandInches said:

You might be right but look at the market. What other potential top notch offensive minded coach is out there, Ben Johnson and……

Hoping Todd Monken is interested. He’s my fallback plan if Harbaugh goes elsewhere.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 4thandInches said:

You might be right but look at the market. What other potential top notch offensive minded coach is out there, Ben Johnson and……

You don’t want him, he wets the bed and he’s 37 years old. 👀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, game3525 said:

Ben Johnson stans on Chargers twitter are crying right now. 

Seriously though. It feels like Harbaugh and Belichick are their first two choices and Quinn being the third choice if they can't land either Harbaugh or Belichick. Vrabel is a wild card, if he becomes available, he probably jumps Quinn and maybe even Belichick. 

I rather hire Ben Johnson than Belichick honestly.

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

I rather hire Ben Johnson than Belichick honestly.

I wouldn't lol. That is over thinking it IMO. 

During previous interviews, Harbaugh was thought to only take a job that would include the hire of his preferred GM. Sources now say that's not in Harbaugh's mind. He's much more flexible than in previous years, open to a variety of structures with an acknowledgement that the structure of NFL buildings has changed since he last coached in the league.

Alright, this makes things much easier for the Bolts. 

20 minutes ago, game3525 said:

I wouldn't lol. That is over thinking it IMO. 

Alright, this makes things much easier for the Bolts. 

Belichick is 71 and doesn’t seem like he cares anymore. Plus his staff sucks and he’s a horrible GM. I rather get someone still hungry and a competent GM.

But it’s pointless since Harbaugh is still my first choice followed by Todd Monken.

25 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Makes sense to me. The roster is loaded. The only other team I see replacing a HC that could possibly be good quick is ATL. 

The team has a star QB and a franchise LT. After that, the roster is aging and really depleted of talent. Plus we’re over the cap this year so don’t expect any real FA signing. But that can be fixed if Harbaugh and the new GM nail the draft this year.

3 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Belichick is 71 and doesn’t seem like he cares anymore. Plus his staff sucks and he’s a horrible GM. I rather get someone still hungry and a competent GM.

But it’s pointless since Harbaugh is still my first choice followed by Todd Monken.

What? The Patriots are still fielding a top 10 defense and that team hasn't quit. By all reports, Belichick is as locked in as he always been. I said it last week, if they had just league average QB play they would be a playoff team.