Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Ben Johnson is the easy name to mention, but Shane Waldron out of Seattle is going to get some real HC interviews I'd imagine.

Which is actually funny because Waldron's play-calling this year, especially in the redzone, has been very suspect.

Geno has been pressured on 44% of his drop backs this year (4th most I think), and yet his sack rate is 10th lowest. Geno is straight up balling despite Waldron putting him in awful positions.

30 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Did we lose against Seattle, sure. The only thing I wish he did differently was kick a field goal earlier in the game instead of going for it.

I don't think he's done anything egregious since that game.

People made a big deal of letting 30 seconds run off the clock in that EOG situation, but they ran out of downs, not time.

I believe it was a poor throw or rare ARSB drop that ultimately killed that potential GW drive. That play is made and you're in the RZ with plenty of time and TOs to score a TD. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 11:37 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Geno is straight up balling despite Waldron putting him in awful positions.

Fair, Waldron isn't calling good games but I've watched all Seahawks games this year and my impression is that Geno is holding the offense back quite a bit. Indecisive, forcing throws and generally not careful of the football (he could have 10 picks easily). 
He has regressed quite a bit since last year. Not awful by any means, but not balling either (the way I see it).
I don't feel like Waldron is a strong candidate to be HC honestly, but you never know  

Offense:
Ben Johnson, OC Lions +++++
Kellen Moore, OC Chargers ++
Brian Callahan, OC Bengals ++
Eric Bienemy, OC Commanders +
Frank Smith, OC Dolphins +
Adam Stenavich, OC Packers +
Brian Johnson, OC Eagles +
 - Shane Waldron, OC Seahawks
 - I think his name is Dave Canales, the Buccs OC/Geno's old Seahawks QB coach with Geno/Baker playing well under him might get an interview
- Thomas Brown, OC Panthers
 -- Duce Staley, RB coach/Asst. HC or Josh McCown Panthers (maybe an interview, I think likely is this is next Lions OC when Johnson gets a HC job, or Panthers OC if Brown gets one [or follow Brown])
 - Mike LaFleur, OC Rams
 - Bobby Slowik, OC Texans
 - Ken Dorsey, OC Bills
 - Mike Kafka, OC Giants
 - Press Taylor, OC Jaguars
 -  Marcus Brady, Senior Offensive Assistant Eagles (maybe an interview, I think likely is this is next Eagles OC if Johnson gets a HC job)

Defense:
Dan Quinn, DC Cowboys ++++
Ejiro Evero, DC Panthers +++
Aaron Glenn, DC Lions ++
Lou Anarumo, DC Bengals ++
Raheem Morris, DC Rams +
- Jim Schwartz, DC Browns
- Jerrod Mayo, LB coach Patriots
- Brian Flores, DC Vikings
- Mike McDonald, DC Ravens
- Ron Rivera, HC Commanders (I could see him getting a job right away, likely isn't correct but could see it)
-- Patrick Graham/Antonio Pierce, DC/interim HC Raiders (off chance, but I think Graham could impress. Need a hell of a finish.)

Special Teams:
- Rich Bisaccia, ST Packers

College
Jim Harbaugh, Michigan +++++
Matt Campbell, Iowa State +++
David Shaw, formerly Stanford ++

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 10:23 AM, CasperX22 said:

Campbell is a meathead.  Evidenced by his lack of in game management decisions.  Of course being a great coordinator and play caller doesn't guarantee success because we have seen that play out so many times, but Johnson has proven himself to be a bright offensive mind and he's going to have plenty of suitors.

Except you’re wrong. Dan Campbell is currently leading the league in value gained from in game decision making. I believe he was #1 last year also.

https://x.com/pff_brad/status/1719764978163392889?s=46&t=kdjwjiwvnFyiHDRRzj-28g

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fortdetroit said:

Except you’re wrong. Dan Campbell is currently leading the league in value gained from in game decision making. I believe he was #1 last year also.

https://x.com/pff_brad/status/1719764978163392889?s=46&t=kdjwjiwvnFyiHDRRzj-28g

I would like to point out that any metric that has Brandon Staley near the top of the list that you may want to re-evaluate the validity of that metric.

Primarily concerned with football operations as a Commanders fan, as I really want us to implement a true head of football operations.  I actually think that guy is in the building right now in Eugene Chen.  I think he probably adds someone as a GM, but as far as implementing Josh Harris’s “The Process” I think Chen is the guy.  I firmly believe he could sell this job to just about anyone, given the huge amount of cap space for the next couple seasons and Howell on a rookie contract.  As far as who that is…….I want whoever is in charge of football operations to hire someone he can work with.  I don’t want to see another coach-centric hire.  

And for whoever said Ron Rivera getting another chance………lol.  Barring a drastic turnaround here in Washington, he’s due for his SIXTH straight losing season, and yes, I am counting the 8-8-1 season as a losing season because ties are for losers.  He currently has a .455 winning percentage following the 15-1 season, with one 11-5 season and the 8-8-1 season where he didn’t finish below .500

Rivera lucked into Cam Newton, and hasn’t had any sort of success without him.  He took a mediocre at best roster when he got into Washington, and it’s arguably worse than when he started, thanks to his crony PantherSkins hires.  If I am another team……..no thanks.   

• Like 1