Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

Just now, iknowcool said:

Gut tells me they would just promote Spags or Nagy.

I think that is the most realistic scenario. I would love to keep Spagnoulo as DC and if we hired Vrabel (highly doubtful), I would be OK with keeping Nagy as OC to keep offensive continuity.

20 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

Antonio Pierce's #1 choice to hire as offensive coordinator is USC QB coach (and former Arizona Cardinals head coach) Kliff Kingsbury. That would mean more snaps for slot WR Hunter Renfrow. However, Kingsbury interviewed with the Chicago Bears today.

Hunter is all but done as a Raider imo.

19 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

Not sure how reliable Florio is for NFL news, but IF Andy Reid did retire I think it is safe to say it would be a fairly coveted job. Hopefully if he is leaning towards retirement that he would let Hunt and Veach know quickly. My guess would be that the team ends up hiring from within and give DC Steve Spagnoulo serious consideration. Perfect world would be Mike Vrabel is hired, Spagnoulo stays at DC and we keep the offensive system in place. I don't see us getting an outside big name OC being hired as HC.

i could see them hiring bienemy

12 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Would Bienemy be an option for KC? Not sure what’s going on in Washington given the turnover there. 

He’s not an option here, so they’d be welcome to him if they want him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

Not sure how reliable Florio is for NFL news, but IF Andy Reid did retire I think it is safe to say it would be a fairly coveted job. Hopefully if he is leaning towards retirement that he would let Hunt and Veach know quickly. My guess would be that the team ends up hiring from within and give DC Steve Spagnoulo serious consideration. Perfect world would be Mike Vrabel is hired, Spagnoulo stays at DC and we keep the offensive system in place. I don't see us getting an outside big name OC being hired as HC.

Think KC would be better off goongbafter an offensive minded HC and hope to keep Spagnoulo.  Maybe Bienemy as HC

ProFootballTalk says there's a possibility that Jim Harbaugh could stay with Michigan. That would be a very boring outcome to that saga. But it would be very welcome boredom for Wolverine players and fans.

On 1/19/2024 at 3:47 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Can he even legally do that? I'm pretty sure he can't.

Sean Payton and the dolphins got in trouble for talking while Sean was employed with the saints. I don’t think that was an isolated incident 

43 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

ProFootballTalk says there's a possibility that Jim Harbaugh could stay with Michigan. That would be a very boring outcome to that saga. But it would be very welcome boredom for Wolverine players and fans.

I feel that's almost a guarantee at this point lol. Hope I'm wrong though.

10 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I think the Falcons want Belichick. It’s likely leverage.

Possibly, but that'd be crazy. While BB is the GOAT, I'd still easily take Harbaugh over him at this point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Possibly, but that'd be crazy. While BB is the GOAT, I'd still easily take Harbaugh over him at this point.

I would too. But Blank is going out of his way for Belichick vs with Harbaugh.

57 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I think the Falcons want Belichick. It’s likely leverage.

I think Blank wants Belichick, but McKay and Fontenot want anyone but Belichick.

7 hours ago, Chargers said:

Its gonna feel so gross if we end up with Dan Quinn after all the hype and speculation.

I wouldn't. He's really not a bad HC. Just needs a good OC. That's where his downfall was in Atlanta. Sarkisian wasn't even bad, but firing him after 2 years for Koetter killed the team.

5 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

I'd laugh.

• Like 1