Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

I’m so impressed with the culture McVay has instilled in the Rams. Our coaches have been poached left and right. We’ve lost a number of guys. Yet McVay keeps producing and finding talented guys he teaches up. It’s super impressive considering what the eagles just went thru. I don’t think he gets credit along with Kyle Shannahan. They just put out great coaches. 

KOC, Shane Waldron, Evero, Joe Barry,  Raheem, Zac T, Zach R, MLF, and Staley. While they don’t come from his tree per say he’s given them the chance to shine. He’s given them the opportunity to succeed… I wish I knew Sean, I’ll be coaching the Seattle Seahawks rn. We’ve been poached like crazy. Guys in my back yard too! Ima see if I can sneak in the facility and pour my heart out before security comes in and claps my cheeks. 

7 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I’m so impressed with the culture McVay has instilled in the Rams. Our coaches have been poached left and right. We’ve lost a number of guys. Yet McVay keeps producing and finding talented guys he teaches up. It’s super impressive considering what the eagles just went thru. I don’t think he gets credit along with Kyle Shannahan. They just put out great coaches. 

KOC, Shane Waldron, Evero, Joe Barry,  Raheem, Zac T, Zach R, MLF, and Staley. While they don’t come from his tree per say he’s given them the chance to shine. He’s given them the opportunity to succeed… I wish I knew Sean, I’ll be coaching the Seattle Seahawks rn. We’ve been poached like crazy. Guys in my back yard too! Ima see if I can sneak in the facility and pour my heart out before security comes in and claps my cheeks. 

I don't think this means what you think it means. 

Also:

Seattle is going Dan Quinn 

Washington is going Ben Johnson

I'd expect Durde to follow Quinn for DC.

I wouldn't be surprised if the FAlcons DC is Anthony Pleasant or Ejiro Evero and the OC here ends up being Zac Robinson.

• Like 1

The big reason I’m down on Kingsbury is that once teams adapted to his O system he didn’t have a response.    Similar to Chip Kelly in PHI.   

Maybe he’s learned.   Maybe Chip has.    But often they don’t.   You can say that about a lot of coaches so I’m not trying to single them out.   But it’s also why the perennial excellent O minds (McVay, Shanny, Reid, etc) disciples get so much interest.    You know they’re learning from mentors who are constantly innovating and adapting.   

What separates the success stories from the busts is adaptability.    Nagy clearly had no real skill when he went to CHI he just knew the Reid system.    Guys like McDaniel learned more than just copying Shanny’s system.   If Kingsbury finds success going a different route I’ll upgrade him.    Success in the first year or 2 with a new idea but without any subsequent success, I’m skeptical on.   My 2 cents.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

I don't think this means what you think it means. 

Also:

Seattle is going Dan Quinn 

Washington is going Ben Johnson

I'd expect Durde to follow Quinn for DC.

I wouldn't be surprised if the FAlcons DC is Anthony Pleasant or Ejiro Evero and the OC here ends up being Zac Robinson.

what you mean it doesn’t mean what it means?