Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

54 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If this a thinly veiled attempt to blame Ridder's inefficiencies on Arthur, we can see through it. 

Arthur Smith is not a good HC, but the QB position needs an overhaul. Both things are true. 

No. It's a not thinly veiled attempt to say Arthur Smith doesn't know how to scheme guys open in the passing game and his offensive scheme and play-calling construction makes no god damn sense.

7 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bump

You bumped because it’s an important question for the Bills, right? Dorsey should’ve been gone already but McDermott has lost this team. They are a mess and it essentially falls on him. I hope we go the interim route for the rest of the year and see Sean and Ken fall on the axe today. 

3 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

You bumped because it’s an important question for the Bills, right? Dorsey should’ve been gone already but McDermott has lost this team. They are a mess and it essentially falls on him. I hope we go the interim route for the rest of the year and see Sean and Ken fall on the axe today. 

For the Bills yes but also because this is one of my favourite topics each year. 

I would be shocked if Sean is an in season firing, though his comments last night could lose him the locker room. Dorsey should be gone too but unless Joe Brady or whoever is interim OC gets in Josh ear and holds him accountable, it won’t matter.

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

For the Bills yes but also because this is one of my favourite topics each year. 

I would be shocked if Sean is an in season firing, though his comments last night could lose him the locker room. Dorsey should be gone too but unless Joe Brady or whoever is interim OC gets in Josh ear and holds him accountable, it won’t matter.

I think he lost this locker room weeks ago if not even further back. This team is broken and when you’ve seen all the same players thrive previously, you know where to look. I know we’ve had some bad injuries but that IS NOT the problem. 

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Joe Barry would make a great HC, we'll even help you out and trade him straight up for McDermott.

Seriously though, there a chance he goes? That would be a dream hire for LaFleur at DC. 

He’ll get another run at HC quickly I think. He did great at setting a standard, and building a culture, but that fell on deaf ears when there were actual expectations. I think he’d do wonders for a situation like Washington, Vegas, or even Chicago. He can build a franchise up but he’s not going to get you over the top, clearly.

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff said:

He’ll get another run at HC quickly I think.

Yeah, I'd think he'd have a few options at HC gigs right out the gate. Buffalo is still a top team in the AFC, they just hit a ceiling as an organization and are trending down. That's still a playoff caliber team, just not the top 3-5 team that could challenge for the SB. 

IF McDermott is fired (I'm still on the fence if this will happen) he'll absolutely get a shot as a HC with one of the openings that'll be there after black Monday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, I'd think he'd have a few options at HC gigs right out the gate. Buffalo is still a top team in the AFC, they just hit a ceiling as an organization and are trending down. That's still a playoff caliber team, just not the top 3-5 team that could challenge for the SB. 

IF McDermott is fired (I'm still on the fence if this will happen) he'll absolutely get a shot as a HC with one of the openings that'll be there after black Monday.

Or the one opening available now in Vegas. I think that would be who'd break bank for him.

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Joe Barry would make a great HC, we'll even help you out and trade him straight up for McDermott.

Seriously though, there a chance he goes? That would be a dream hire for LaFleur at DC. 

I think it really depends on how this season ends. They clearly won’t make the playoffs, so does the team quit on him? ( the defense hasn’t yet and despite all their injuries they’re playing really well) or can he get them to play inspired.

I think Dorsey needs to go ASAP. At least let the fans and team know some accountability is needed. 

As others have said, he’d most likely get another HC job right away and can turn that team around. But the Bills hit their ceiling with McDermott so if a change doesn’t happen in the off-season he needs to land a top OC and hit that hire out of the park.

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Or the one opening available now in Vegas. I think that would be who'd break bank for him.

Question is - do they have bank to break, with close to $85mm already committed to Jon Gruden and Josh McDaniels? I think this time, they're going to see the team responding to Antonio Pierce and give him the gig - something they should have done with Rich Bisaccia.

I actually think Chicago - with cap space, two picks slated to be in the top 5, a tradable asset in Justin Fields and a few names to build around (Moore, Sweat, Kmet) might be a desirable location for a defensive minded HC with an offensive staff that can refine QBs into polished passers. (This might be a rare opportunity to bring in your own GM as well, as Ryan Poles is probably on shaky ground).

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Question is - do they have bank to break, with close to $85mm already committed to Jon Gruden and Josh McDaniels? I think this time, they're going to see the team responding to Antonio Pierce and give him the gig - something they should have done with Rich Bisaccia.

I actually think Chicago - with cap space, two picks slated to be in the top 5, a tradable asset in Justin Fields and a few names to build around (Moore, Sweat, Kmet) might be a desirable location for a defensive minded HC with an offensive staff that can refine QBs into polished passers. (This might be a rare opportunity to bring in your own GM as well, as Ryan Poles is probably on shaky ground).

I think Poles gets another couple of years minimum. But if they fire Eberflus, They need to go with an offensive guy. Could easily see them being the one team that's in on Bienemy for the job and has Bienemy see if he can work with Fields for a year. Then they go MHJ and a LT in the first round.

My top 3 pairings I've put together so far.

1. GM - Ray Agnew. Ast GM - John Dorsey   HC - Ben Johnson

2. GM - Tom Gamble  Ast GM -Keena Turner  HC - Jim Harbaugh (obviously Harbaugh is the head of Ops here)

3. GM - Adam Peters  Ast GM -Keena Turner    HC - Slowik

• Like 1