Trevor Lawrence and the Jags - Year 4 (T-Law is what he is)

notthatbluestuff

He's a solid franchise QB and will likely continue to improve in the coming years, but I'd say he's just barely top 10 for me, and only because two guys ahead of him are out for the year
1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Burrow
4. Lamar
5. Tua
6. Herbert
7. Hurts
(Healthy Rodgers)
(Healthy Kirk)
8. Goff
9. Lawrence
10. Honestly I think CJ Stroud has a case to already be here but if it's too early to crown him, then Geno, Dak, or Purdy are acceptable options

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 1

I haven’t really watched Jacksonville all that much this year, but yeah, include me in the group that is a little underwhelmed given the expectations I had for this year. I thought he turned the corner midway through last season and that this would be a coming out party. 

Doubt anyone in Jacksonville is complaining, though.

1 hour ago, MagicMT said:

If anything Lawrence is a bit underwhelming this year. Only 9 TDs thrown. 
Good, but absolutely not borderline top 5. 

This will sound ridiculous given what’s been said on this forum lately but I honestly think he’s put together better film than the stat sheet would indicate. Comfortable top 10 while slowly approaching that higher group for this year is fair in my view. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

Props to them what would be a successful season for realistic Jags fans reaching the AFC title game?

They have to at least equal what they did last year and win a round. Getting a home playoff game is almost a certainty at this point so it depends on how the bracket winds up and how scary the other contenders (Chiefs, Ravens, Bengals, Dolphins) are by that time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I honestly thought he’d be at an MVP level this season, so it’s been a bit disappointing. Still a high level QB though. And I’m sure Jags fans aren’t disappointed, so that’s all that should matter.

That's what happens when u have press Taylor calling plays. 

The biggest problem on the jags offense is Short yardage. 

I feel like I've been one of the most critical TLaw people on here for a while, but he's a solid franchise QB imo. 

You're obviously not looking to replace him or anything lol. 

But he does turn the ball over more than you would like, given his low TD numbers.

Edited by Soggust

Lawrence is a top 10 QB. I love the direction that they are heading. The only mishap that I can think of is them passing on Hutchinson for Walker on defense. 

Now I think Nick Wright whole prince thats promise stuff gets just as annoying as his Mahomes mountain or always putting the Chiefs at the top of his tiers. I get its all entertaining but still. I do think though the downside to being in the AFC is the gauntlet Lawrence has to go through. So chances are as great as Lawrence can be he might not have a Superbowl appearance or even an AFCCG appearance to show for it. But we shall see what happens moving forward. Again though I think Lawrence is capable he showed me that last season and the direction the Jags are headed I love. Pederson once again shows the importance of having a great head coach.