Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I too could be the next wonderkid, NFL offensive guru, the Raiders should hire me because there's only one way to find out. I have as much NFL success as Bo Hardagree as well.

His point is you leave 0% possibly for anything outside "he's going to be amazing" and "he's the worst in the league". It was your stance on Jimmy and why you were so wrong on his QB evaluation, it's your stance on Carr, it's your stance on Bo, it's your stance on AP, and O'Connell. 

The reason this place has always been so popular was because of quality discussions, which usually happens when two people discuss pros and cons, possibilities and grey areas. You seem to live in two extremes and leave no possibility for a "he could be mediocre, he could have an upside here and downsides here". Which is why discussing things with you is so hard. 

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, NickButera said:

His point is you leave 0% possibly for anything outside "he's going to be amazing" and "he's the worst in the league". It was your stance on Jimmy and why you were so wrong on his QB evaluation, it's your stance on Carr, it's your stance on Bo, it's your stance on AP, and O'Connell. 

The reason this place has always been so popular was because of quality discussions, which usually happens when two people discuss pros and cons, possibilities and grey areas. You seem to live in two extremes and leave no possibility for a "he could be mediocre, he could have an upside here and downsides here". Which is why discussing things with you is so hard. 

Brother I just don't think someone that has failed in 5 different places as a coach could be the next McVay. His only argument is that anything is possible, is that really an argument? AOC might have 55 TD and set the NFL record over the next two weeks. I like to have logical discussions.

I've been flexible in discussions with AP, Carr, AOC, Jimmy, ETC. 

The only person I will not bend on is Bo Hardagree who's currently putting on a coaching clinic of what not to do with a top 10 OL and elite weapons.

• 8 months later...

I’m probably in the minority but I’m happy to give Pierce time to step up and improve given he’s a very young and inexperienced HC. He’s going to make mistakes and mismanage some things but he showed last year with wins against teams like Kansas that he may have something. 

I think we have to give him a fair shot, he’s not got the QB he wanted but ultimately they chose Minshew and AOC so let’s see if he can improve  and what he does to self reflect and learn from his mistakes. Never get too high after a win nor too low after a defeat. There are a ton of lessons to be learnt from that sobering defeat. Now is when we’ll find out if can actually coach or if he was just riding a wave of good vibes last year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

I’m probably in the minority but I’m happy to give Pierce time to step up and improve given he’s a very young and inexperienced HC. He’s going to make mistakes and mismanage some things but he showed last year with wins against teams like Kansas that he may have something. 

I think we have to give him a fair shot, he’s not got the QB he wanted but ultimately they chose Minshew and AOC so let’s see if he can improve  and what he does to self reflect and learn from his mistakes. Never get too high after a win nor too low after a defeat. There are a ton of lessons to be learnt from that sobering defeat. Now is when we’ll find out if can actually coach or if he was just riding a wave of good vibes last year.

The problem with that is if the roster isn't constructed in a way to give somebody like him time. If you're going to do that you're going to have to rebuild the team. The problem with that is if you rebuild the team AP hired Luke gets he has his OC so then the question has to be asked is AP the type of guy you want to build around. I like the guy I'm just calling to spade a spade

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

yeah get AP the hell out of here

But then we would grab someone on his staff to replace him n guys would win some games they shouldn’t n max would force mark to hire him. Be better off keeping him n tanking this season 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The problem with that is if the roster isn't constructed in a way to give somebody like him time. If you're going to do that you're going to have to rebuild the team. The problem with that is if you rebuild the team AP hired Luke gets he has his OC so then the question has to be asked is AP the type of guy you want to build around. I like the guy I'm just calling to spade a spade

By ‘time’, I’m not thinking three or four years to implement his vision, I’m saying don’t knee jerk and fire him after three weeks. See what he does this year, whether he learns from mistakes and if you feel he has improved and offers something moving into year two and beyond. That then gives us the opportunity, assuming we are able to pick a new QB, to align the QB with either AP or if you don’t think he’s the guy bring in a new guy simultaneous with the rookie QB to draft his guy.

Just now, Darbsk said:

By ‘time’, I’m not thinking three or four years to implement his vision, I’m saying don’t knee jerk and fire him after three weeks. See what he does this year, whether he learns from mistakes and if you feel he has improved and offers something moving into year two and beyond. That then gives us the opportunity, assuming we are able to pick a new QB, to align the QB with either AP or if you don’t think he’s the guy bring in a new guy simultaneous with the rookie QB to draft his guy.

Oh yeah to that I agree. Thank you should be able to finish out the season no matter what. But my question to you already is what exactly warrants him keeping his job at the end of the season

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Oh yeah to that I agree. Thank you should be able to finish out the season no matter what. But my question to you already is what exactly warrants him keeping his job at the end of the season

For me, he would have to show growth, learn from his mistakes and improve things like the 4th down choices, adapt the game plan and show the team is buying into his vision and playing at or above their skill level. I think a well coached team is greater than the sum of their parts, take the Steelers for example.

In fairness, he did most of those things last year. I want to see a signature win like KC last year and I want to know there is no obvious and easy upgrade we could make. Like a player, he’s going to make mistakes but I have to see a ceiling that o believe can take us forward as the HC next year is likely to be moulding a rookie QB and we need the right guy for that job.

Edited by Darbsk

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

For me, he would have to show growth, learn from his mistakes and improve things like the 4th down choices, adapt the game plan and show the team is buying into his vision and playing at or above their skill level. I think a well coached team is greater than the sum of their parts, take the Steelers for example.

In fairness, he did most of those things last year. I want to see a signature win like KC last year and I want to know there is no obvious and easy upgrade we could make. Like a player, he’s going to make mistakes but I have to see a ceiling that o believe can take us forward as the HC next year is likely to be moulding a rookie QB and we need the right guy for that job.

Now all of those things sound good but because this is essentially his second year as a head coach where the roster is at, it would have to be when production attached to those things it cant just be some immaterial improvement 

Raiders didn’t miss out on any good HC candidates this past offseason. Ben Johnson stayed. Bobby Slowik stayed. Vrabel will be available. Frank Smith as well. Raiders lost nothing in giving AP a chance. If it fails then you get rid of him and then go after someone else. This time you will have a high draft pick to take a QB. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

This.

Offense did the defense no favors

wilson going down made dline extremely thin

still a L tho

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Definitely agree with this.

he got outcoached by Harbaugh.. that’s going to happen to good coaches to.

week 1, against divisonal rival, this game was a coin flip. If you thought it was an easy win going into it, youre being a homer.

for as ugly as the O was, we were in the game, and the players were fighting. 

Season not over yet. But I do think we likely lose next week too 😭

• Like 1