Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

I coach high school baseball. The absolute worst part about coaching is dealing with complaining parents. Like stfu you don’t even know what you’re talking about 😂 

Yea I like hs varsity the best cause I can cuss lol. And parents are less likely to trip out. Can’t tell you how many times I got cussed out by moms. now I just help watching film for my hs coach buddy and my ex-players in college and offer advice.

Funny story I was coaching twins but one was good and the other wasn’t so one started and the other barely played. The mom had a legit love/hate relationship with me lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

I coach high school baseball. The absolute worst part about coaching is dealing with complaining parents. Like stfu you don’t even know what you’re talking about 😂 

I coach HS baseball as well and my god the sheer amount of people that have no handle on the nuance of the damn game. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Isn’t it amazing how many parents know better than the flippin coaches, and god forbid they’re boosters! SMH + Lol!! 

That’s one main reason why I’m taking a break from coaching. The mf politics and my morals and values are too solid. Players love me but admin not so much lol

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

What’s a booster dare I ask??

Basically people with $ or influence that try to push their weight around the program. I thought it got better in hs but nope and it honestly gets worse as you go up to ncaa so I can only imagine what happens in the nfl. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

What’s a booster dare I ask??

People who donate to a college or high school sports team.

Kind of alien concept to those of us across the pond, but in the States colleges, schools etc will ask parents or wealthy alumni to “donate” to their sports programs.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

People who donate to a college or high school sports team.

Kind of alien concept to those of us across the pond, but in the States colleges, schools etc will ask parents or wealthy alumni to “donate” to their sports programs.

You’ll see pro athletes donating to their colleges for a tax write off, which is smart.  Maxx just donated 1 million to Eastern Michigan. I think they renamed the field after him too lol

• Like 1

I hope we change our offensive philosophy during the bye. This run to open up the passing game plays right into the opp defense plans. I wanna see us pass to open the run similar to first half vs kc. I heard our playbook shrunk from 3inch binder to three pages and that’s gotta change and I reason we fall off in the 2nd half. I’m really gonna judge this regime based on these remaining games. Post bye is going to really determine who we are

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I hope we change our offensive philosophy during the bye. This run to open up the passing game plays right into the opp defense plans. I wanna see us pass to open the run similar to first half vs kc. I heard our playbook shrunk from 3inch binder to three pages and that’s gotta change and I reason we fall off in the 2nd half. I’m really gonna judge this regime based on these remaining games. Post bye is going to really determine who we are

They clearly want the offense to run through Jacobs. That is how it succeeded in 2021 and 2022. But you have Adams and a good group of pass catchers who should be opening the offense up. I agree with you.

This conservative approach will not win them the job. Davis at his core is his fathers son. He wants to attack on offense. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They clearly want the offense to run through Jacobs. That is how it succeeded in 2021 and 2022. But you have Adams and a good group of pass catchers who should be opening the offense up. I agree with you.

This conservative approach will not win them the job. Davis at his core is his fathers son. He wants to attack on offense. 

I can see this bye doing wonders for Aiden O'Connell and Hunter Renfrow, 2 people that never really had gotten reps together. I wonder how much that will work on offense.  Also we should see Jack Jones in the starting lineup going forward after having this bye week to acclimate to the defense. There's no reason why it shouldn't be Robertson jones and Hobbs(that's actually a solid crop of corners(which is why I think we should resign Amik) 

Hopefully Max Crosby can get healthy. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 2:47 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It is nearly impossible to open up the offense and attack down the field when you have a terrible rookie QB.

• 2 weeks later...