Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

26 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The offense has one clear upgrade. Telesco is the guy with experience here

JPJ is an upgrade as well. It doesn’t matter who has the experience at this point. They have their positions and they have to perform. That’s not happening right now. I’m not a Telesco guy either but at least we had what appears to be a decent draft and signed Wilkins. He has more pluses to me compared to AP who has looked completely outmatched every week. I was fine giving AP another year but so far it’s just not looking good to me. Let him finish the year but if it looks like this the whole year it’s time to move on. 

• Like 3

This whole year has me wondering. Remember when Kingsbury left because we wouldn't give him a traditional 3 year deal, all we offered him was a 2 year deal. 

It screams to me that Davis only hired AP for a probationary 2 year deal. AP, who had no right being a HC would probably take any offer or chance at this point in his career, seems to me the type would would sign on for that. 

Graham's contract is believed to have been extended for that same time period also, through next year. 

Davis, while not making smart coaching decisions, I would wager money that he is getting smarter about how he makes these decisions, at least.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Worst of all, Tommy T is just getting bullied in the trade market. Keeping the distraction in Adams around 

Trying to bury Telesco to protect your love of AP is wild. 

AP has show he's not good at this job. Team is a mess and it's not because of talent. They are unprepared, undisciplined, sloppy and have gotten blown out by 3 times in the 6 weeks. 

It's coaching dude. Pure and simple. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

AP has show he's not good at this job. Team is a mess and it's not because of talent. They are unprepared, undisciplined, sloppy and have gotten blown out by 3 times in the 6 weeks. 

The difference is I call out the mistakes AP made and acknowledged he will be gone at the end of the season if this continues. You’re so blind w/ your AP bashing you can’t see the roster building mistakes Telesco is already doing in his 1st season isn’t helping the on field product. We will become the LV Chargers under TT

Acting like Telesco isn’t responsible for the poor roster building is madness. He’s showed the same thing with the Chargers again 

Bro literally put out backups at QB and RB then resigned the weak link on the OL. Then had the nerve to sign Cody Whitehair

Gonna have to ship out Telesoco with AP or we gonna mess around and find out

26 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The difference is I call out the mistakes AP made and acknowledged he will be gone at the end of the season if this continues. You’re so blind w/ your AP bashing you can’t see the roster building mistakes Telesco is already doing in his 1st season isn’t helping the on field product. We will become the LV Chargers under TT

Acting like Telesco isn’t responsible for the poor roster building is madness. He’s showed the same thing with the Chargers again 

Bro literally put out backups at QB and RB then resigned the weak link on the OL. Then had the nerve to sign Cody Whitehair

This

• Like 1

AP's biggest mistake was not getting a good OC that ran a 'power scheme' like our players were use to. Miller and James have slipped hard this season be it injury, scheme or poo poo. The rookies look better than the vets we brought in. 

Telesco's biggest mistake was not getting a QBOTF. When we threw out Carr, it seemed like Adams might get some say in the next QB. Jimmy G was not what he wanted I'm sure but he did well enough with AOC to wait and see what happens the next season with new AP and a new GM. I doubt Adams thought Minshew was a good solution and thought we'd draft a guy he could work with. Not a single one drafted and after seeing the 'product' on the field he wants out. However his two buddy QB's situations might not be good enough to pay for his services. Telesco didn't need to bring in another WR. We had tons of cash in Adams and Meyers. We had a vet who retired but at least our rookie reach from last year stepped up. 

Bowers seemed like a luxury pick at the time but 100% BPA. Now with Mayer missing time for personal reasons looking like a history of mental health, I'm glad we didn't pass on Bowers. I hope Mayer comes back because I see him like a Witten TE and I was really looking forward to 12&13 sets. With two good TE's I felt Adams was expendable. Now I don't care if it's a distraction. WE ARE GETTING A QB NEXT YEAR! So keep him if not that could be Telesco's next mistake. So he costs a lot, who cares. WR's money is HUGE and if he wants security and likes our new QB he'll extend for more cash upfront. If he still wants to leave we will get at least what we are being offered now if we do it before the regular season. Might just have to pay half his salary but who cares. 

Moving forward AP needs to do something with the Offense. Tell Getsy what he needs to focus on or take some of his responsibilities away and give it to another coach. 

Moving Forward Telesco needs to get a RB who fits zone if we're not switching up schemes. If we trade Adams then a vet WR is needed for injury insurance. No locker room cancers though. Players can lose interest but talking behind each other's backs might cause an in house brawl. 

I'd also call the Falcons and see if they'd trade Penix for our 2025 1st. Fight now and have hope. Maybe he'd get Adams excited and Cousins contract is massive so they might rather get a younger QB in 2025 to sit a couple years. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Telesco really never showed he was particularly good at his, either though. 

We hired 2 duds. 

6 hours ago, RaiderX said:

NGL, even though we missed our on him as OC, I hope the team goes after Kubiak as a HC.

Man, Idk. His shine wore thin quick. Sunday showed it wasn't just a Carr issue, their offense looks abysmal again. I know injuries haven't helped, but Kubiak may need a rebound year before he's "that guy". 

I'm looking hard at Josh McCown though. He's helped Darnold tremendously, has a ton of coaching connections, isn't tied to any particular philosophy but has plenty of roots in the Shanahan tree, is a QB guy, and has had that "future HC" tag hanging around since he was an active player. He's been interviewed twice at least for NFL HC gigs, albeit by the Texans, but the recognition is there. Only knock is his only HC experience, like Pierce, is at the high school level. That said, the differences between their styles couldn't be more different. 

If we don't grab him as HC, I'd at least talk to him about the OC position. He's a guy you definitely wouldn't mind having around to bring a rookie QB along. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Man, Idk. His shine wore thin quick. Sunday showed it wasn't just a Carr issue, their offense looks abysmal again. I know injuries haven't helped, but Kubiak may need a rebound year before he's "that guy". 

I'm looking hard at Josh McCown though. He's helped Darnold tremendously, has a ton of coaching connections, isn't tied to any particular philosophy but has plenty of roots in the Shanahan tree, is a QB guy, and has had that "future HC" tag hanging around since he was an active player. He's been interviewed twice at least for NFL HC gigs, albeit by the Texans, but the recognition is there. Only knock is his only HC experience, like Pierce, is at the high school level. That said, the differences between their styles couldn't be more different. 

If we don't grab him as HC, I'd at least talk to him about the OC position. He's a guy you definitely wouldn't mind having around to bring a rookie QB along. 

That’s a good shout, once a Raider………

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Telesco really never showed he was particularly good at his, either though. 

We hired 2 duds. 

I disagree. He built some talented rosters w/ the Chargers. They underachieved, which is largely on coaching which it's not clear who that falls on. Spanos is long known for being cheap and not firing coaches. 

He's not perfect, but steady. He could do more to help the fringe of the roster certainly. 

I trust him enough to see what he does at QB and HC if it comes to that. Those would be decisions that answer a lot of questions. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I always thought he was pretty good here. He was overpriced though wasn’t he?

2 yr. 14 mil. I think part of the pull to NY was they hired the Raider former Oline coach who he was close with. He has the Giant Oline looking great. Was one of the better positional coaches under JMD. Raiders certainly downgraded there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Isn’t Whitehair just a depth/versatility piece?. Who only played because JPJ was hurt unless I’m mistaken. 

Andre James was getting pushed back a lot last season like this too. Telesco rushed out , panicked and resigned this.

Instead of moving forward over Parham who was a college center miscast as a guard by the previous admin and drafting another College Center in JPJ. Regardless how JPJ turns out at guard, that’s a mistake of your assets by an experienced GM