2023 TNF Week 9: Tennessee Titans @ Pittsburgh Steelers

notthatbluestuff

Who wins?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2023 at 12:15 AM

Welp, all in all this Steelers team will keep Tomlin'a streak alive and go nowhere.

Levis showed all of the best and worst parts of his game in this one.  He can make all the throws, but looks like he still has a ways to go seeing the field.

Hope Burks is ok.

Titans need to tear this roster down, but they might have something with Levis if he continues to develop.

Imagine the Titans if they actually committed to a rebuild with Levis instead of refusing to trade Henry or anyone else at the deadline. Kinda crazy to think about. He's solid so far, I like his poise in the pocket and he just flicks the wrist and has great down field accuracy.

That INT just felt inevitable though. He was getting lucky about 3-4 times before that.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Imagine the Titans if they actually committed to a rebuild with Levis instead of refusing to trade Henry or anyone else at the deadline. Kinda crazy to think about. He's solid so far, I like his poise in the pocket and he just flicks the wrist and has great down field accuracy.

That INT just felt inevitable though. He was getting lucky about 3-4 times before that.

We have 100 million dollars to spend next year. Don't have to trade the whole team to rebuild.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

henry maybe, but who else were we supposed to trade? hopkins is the only real candidate and you're doing levis's development a disservice if you leave him with a godawful OL *and* a godawful receiving corps, which is what we'd have without him. there's guys like tart and autry but they'd only net like, late round conditionals or something. the whole problem is there's no actual talent on the roster lol, we don't have a lot of pieces to give up.

• Like 1

Levis looks good so far. Other than being a weirdo (in a funny way), not sure why he got hated on so much (“the worst second round pick of all time”). Really changes the outlook of the Titans if he continues and grows.

Steelers continue to win more games than I expect them to. They’re like the anti-Chargers.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

henry maybe, but who else were we supposed to trade? hopkins is the only real candidate and you're doing levis's development a disservice if you leave him with a godawful OL *and* a godawful receiving corps, which is what we'd have without him. there's guys like tart and autry but they'd only net like, late round conditionals or something. the whole problem is there's no actual talent on the roster lol, we don't have a lot of pieces to give up.

Also accurate.  The roster isn't very good.  They need to start with fixing the offensive line which is A not ideal through FA, and B looks like a fairly weak fa class in that regard.  They need to go heavy on oline in the draft.  WR looks to be relatively deep in FA so getting another solid option through FA to help Levis would also be nice.

Just now, Soko said:

Levis looks good so far. Other than being a weirdo (in a funny way), not sure why he got hated on so much (“the worst second round pick of all time”). Really changes the outlook of the Titans if he continues and grows.

Steelers continue to win more games than I expect them to. They’re like the anti-Chargers.

I don't understand how he fell all the way out of the 1st round.  For all his flaws he and Richardson were my 2 favorite QB prospects in the draft.  Like how must it feel to be a Carolina fan right now seeing how much Bryce Young is struggling while also being without your 1st round pick that is almost certainly going to be top 5.  They could've literally stayed out and taken Levis and they'd be in a much better position than they are now.  Also, if there were really offered 2 1sts for Burns by the Rams and turned it down, Lord help that organization.

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

I don't understand how he fell all the way out of the 1st round.  For all his flaws he and Richardson were my 2 favorite QB prospects in the draft.  Like how must it feel to be a Carolina fan right now seeing how much Bryce Young is struggling while also being without your 1st round pick that is almost certainly going to be top 5.  They could've literally stayed out and taken Levis and they'd be in a much better position than they are now.  Also, if there were really offered 2 1sts for Burns by the Rams and turned it down, Lord help that organization.

Meh, that’d have been a radical opinion at draft time, and Carolina would’ve been shredded for doing that. Bryce isn’t out there lighting it up (still not playing as bad as their record would indicate either, he’s just not producing like Stroud), but it’s still reeeally early to start flipping the script here. If that was your opinion since draft day, that’s another story, for you anyway. There’s probably dozens of players that Houston, if they could, would pick over Clowney at #1, but at the time that was the no brainer pick that 98% of people would’ve made. Can’t chastise them for that. 

Richardson’s another story…dude looked horrible in college to me, and he’s already looked better than I expected. That bar was really, really low FWIW. Still not sold on him, but I was surprised he even showed what he did. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Soko said:

Steelers continue to win more games than I expect them to. 

They dont "win" as much as they "manage not to lose".

It sadly justfies the front offices complacency, and making our annual "Tomlin Tweaks" as opposed to making the major changes that are actually needed to move forward.   But he, spinning tires for 10+ years seems fine to some people....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 43M said:

They dont "win" as much as they "manage not to lose".

It sadly justfies the front offices complacency, and making our annual "Tomlin Tweaks" as opposed to making the major changes that are actually needed to move forward.   But he, spinning tires for 10+ years seems fine to some people....

I have to assume there are subsections of Steeler fans on this issue. You think most of you guys want to bottom out to move on and “start fresh”, or continue grinding on the Tomlin hill, hoping that some tweaks and wrinkles will be enough to get by?

1 minute ago, Soko said:

Meh, that’d have been a radical opinion at draft time, and Carolina would’ve been shredded for doing that. Bryce isn’t out there lighting it up (still not playing as bad as their record would indicate either, he’s just not producing like Stroud), but it’s still reeeally early to start flipping the script here. If that was your opinion since draft day, that’s another story, for you anyway. There’s probably dozens of players that Houston, if they could, would pick over Clowney at #1, but at the time that was the no brainer pick that 98% of people would’ve made. Can’t chastise them for that. 

Richardson’s another story…dude looked horrible in college to me, and he’s already looked better than I expected. That bar was really, really low FWIW. Still not sold on him, but I was surprised he even showed what he did. 

It really wasn’t that radical of an opinion. Bryce is small, thats never been something that’s lead to success in the NFL. Ever. 

Im a Bama fan, and I’m rooting for him. But if a team went Stroud over Young that wouldn’t have been that big of a shocker. Just 15 years ago it would’ve been inconceivable for a player of his stature to get drafted in the first, it’s a blessing that the short men can get drafted first overall in todays world lmao

16 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

It really wasn’t that radical of an opinion. Bryce is small, thats never been something that’s lead to success in the NFL. Ever. 

Im a Bama fan, and I’m rooting for him. But if a team went Stroud over Young that wouldn’t have been that big of a shocker. Just 15 years ago it would’ve been inconceivable for a player of his stature to get drafted in the first, it’s a blessing that the short men can get drafted first overall in todays world lmao

Levis over Young would’ve been radical. We weren’t talking about Stroud.

• Like 1