Ravens are Super Bowl favorites in the AFC

notthatbluestuff

10 minutes ago, Soko said:

So far this year, they’re definitely top dog in the AFC. 

I’ll never bet against Mahomes in the playoffs, but really no argument to be had against Baltimore right now.

KC is winning more because of defence. Of all things, if they meet Ravens in the post season, it could be a great defensive game of all things.  I think Keaton Mitchell will have a great last half of the season as well.  See how Cinci is tonight, a real test. Browns looked good today

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

KC is winning more because of defence. Of all things, if they meet Ravens in the post season, it could be a great defensive game of all things.  I think Keaton Mitchell will have a great last half of the season as well.  See how Cinci is tonight, a real test. Browns looked good today

Certainly. It’s just once the postseason comes around, even with good/great defense being played on both sides, it just seems taboo to expect anything less than clutch-play from Patrick Mahomes. Offense is still getting by now, but when things ramp up, I can’t pick against Mahomes…

6 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Actually heard a good theory that the NFC struggles because they don’t ever have to go against a guy like Lamar. The Ravens play style is a shock to the system, Jalen and the Eagles dont even play quite like that. 

The Lions with the same coaching staff played Lamar only 2 years ago (more recently than a bunch of AFC teams). They did much better the first time.

I also disagree that the Ravens offense is more unique/unusual than the Eagles, whether under Roman or especially Monken.

Edited by wackywabbit

13 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

The Lions with the same coaching staff played Lamar only 2 years ago (more recently than a bunch of AFC teams). They did much better the first time.

I also disagree that the Ravens offense is more unique/unusual than the Eagles, whether under Roman or especially Monken.

But the Ravens still won that game too right?

I think the reason the Ravens have been so good against the NFC is because they are typically just a really good football team when Lamar is playing QB for them lol.

But ya I mean the Ravens are definitely in the conversation for top of the AFC. Clear top 3 to me is Chiefs, Ravens, and Bengals.

13 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

They definitely beat the crap out of the Lions and Seahawks, two really good teams. Losing to the Colts and Steelers was weird but I think the wins count for more.

The Colts loss was just a stupid game all around.

The Steelers loss was the game where literally everyone dropped a touchdown pass. We would've beaten them by 40 if people just didn't drop easy touchdowns all game.

The Ravens with a healthy Lamar are reliably great over the course of a season at a level only matched/exceeded by Mahomes on the Chiefs. But they also have the characteristic of being able to blow any given game. So I think it is a complete waste of time to mentally project them into any round of the playoffs.

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Agree with the broader point of the tweet that the Ravens aren't at all time team level.

But, Burrow was moving well in the first meeting in Cincy that they won. He re-aggravated his hamstring on literally his last snap of the game. No need to build that up as the truth-seeking game. People who do will dismiss the outcome as being a Thursday game in Baltimore.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Colts loss was just a stupid game all around.

The Steelers loss was the game where literally everyone dropped a touchdown pass. We would've beaten them by 40 if people just didn't drop easy touchdowns all game.

The Steelers game is why I don't trust them to win it all (and same reason I'm down on KC to repeat). At some point you're going to face a top defense and top offense in a one or done game, and not having WRs is going to be what kills you.