Week 10: VIKINGS (5-4) vs. Saints (5-4)

swede700

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Does Hall even get his job back say Dobbs is able to lead the team to another win? 

No, I don't believe so. I actually don't think that's even a debate. Dobbs is the starter now unless the wheels start to fall off for him. I think he gives us the best chance to win at this moment.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SkolMasterMN said:

No, I don't believe so. I actually don't think that's even a debate. Dobbs is the starter now unless the wheels start to fall off for him. I think he gives us the best chance to win at this moment.

I'm not so sure. Hall will definitely have the edge in familiarity both with the playbook and teammates. If they win in spite of Dobbs, which is a very realistic possibility, I wouldn't be surprised to see them turn back to Hall.

I do believe that Dobbs will be the starter as long as he’s playing well, whether he gives us the best chance to win, I don’t think we know. And I think that is sort of the unfortunate part of Hall getting hurt so quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

I think we're all in agreement here. If he keeps on playing well, ride the hot hand. If things start going sideways he's going to have a short leash.

Yup. However eventually as we get closer to the end of the season we should really make sure we are set on a QB1. I don't think it'd be smart to be switching between QBs once the postseason starts getting closer. I am confident Dobbs will be that guy, but we will see. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

I do think right now Dobbs has earned the spot given what he did in Week 9. You don't take his job away after a win like that. It really does suck for Hall, I get it, but right now this is Dobbs job until he proves otherwise. 

He did some amazing things, but he also did some poor things which kind of get forgotten because of the end result.

• Like 2

Just now, Worm Guts said:

He did some amazing things, but he also did some poor things which kind of get forgotten because of the end result.

The poor things were a direct result from the virtually zero practice or communication he had with his teammates. Once he settled in by the end of the game, he was rolling. I will love to see what he can do given a full week of practice.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

I do think right now Dobbs has earned the spot given what he did in Week 9. You don't take his job away after a win like that. It really does suck for Hall, I get it, but right now this is Dobbs job until he proves otherwise. 

Josh Dobbs is not Tom Brady....and he did it against a piss-poor squad whose record is far better than the team actually is. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

The poor things were a direct result from the virtually zero practice or communication he had with his teammates. Once he settled in by the end of the game, he was rolling. I will love to see what he can do given a full week of practice.

I’m sure to a large extent, but it is amazing we were able to overcome 2 fumbles and a safety. They weren’t small mistakes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

I’m sure to a large extent, but it is amazing we were able to overcome 2 fumbles and a safety. They weren’t small mistakes.

100% agree. I am shocked we won that game given the circumstances. The fact Dobbs and the team overcame that makes me even more confident in them. 

Edited by SkolMasterMN
  • Like 1