Week 10: VIKINGS (5-4) vs. Saints (5-4)

swede700

2 minutes ago, Scottish_Viking said:

Crazy the difference between JJ and Diggs, seeing as it was basically a straight up swap between the two. One a talented diva, the other a generational talent who seems well grounded.

you sort of saw it on Diggs' face the moment he scored the Miracle td against the Saints and won the game. he threw off his helmet, threw his arms up in the air, and wanted individual adulation.

JJ probably would have partied with his teammates.

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

you sort of saw it on Diggs' face the moment he scored the Miracle td against the Saints and won the game. he threw off his helmet, threw his arms up in the air, and wanted individual adulation.

That was the defining moment of Diggs...there was Diggs pre-Miracle and there was Diggs post-Miracle (remember the GEICO commercial).  They were two different people. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That was the defining moment of Diggs...there was Diggs pre-Miracle and there was Diggs post-Miracle (remember the GEICO commercial).  They were two different people. 

To be fair to Diggs, that's a pretty monumental moment and would change most players. And let's not gloss over the complete change in offensive philosophy that led to his desire to get out.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

I don't see it that way at all. he was practically sobbing, and his teammates ran down the field to celebrate. I saw it as embracing the fans. Celebrating individual heroics does not make someone a diva.

I'm not saying that he isn't one now, but I saw a young man filled with uncontrollable emotions - pride, relief, joy, etc. It's ok to be proud of yourself - it makes players more confident in their abilities.

I'll die on Diggs Defender hill alone if I have to 😅

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Everson G's face was what I remember most after the play.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I assume you mean as partial repayment for the 09 NFCCG.

If I'm not mistaken there was only one hit that could've been considered late/cheap and everything else was well within the rules of football.  Also you got the your repayment with that Minnesota Miracle play before blowing it vs the Eagles, something the Saints wouldn't have done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raves said:

If I'm not mistaken there was only one hit that could've been considered late/cheap and everything else was well within the rules of football. 

Did you forget all of the overtime bad booth reviews? I'm just joshing around, but there were A TON of bad calls that went against the Vikings in that game.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Raves said:

If I'm not mistaken there was only one hit that could've been considered late/cheap and everything else was well within the rules of football.  

there was the high/low hit on Favre, resulting in an int, that the league said on the tuesday after the game should have been flagged. 

that would have kept the ball in our possession, moved us forward, and given us a first down in fg territory.

but dude, we don't need to stir it up from a game over ten years ago. please respect that in our forum. thanks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Did you forget all of the overtime bad booth reviews? I'm just joshing around, but there were A TON of bad calls that went against the Vikings in that game.

I can barely remember yesterday, let alone that long ago except things I specifically looked into at the time.  I'm pretty sure a goldfish might have a better memory than me at the moment.

• Like 2

Just now, vike daddy said:

there was the high/low hit on Favre, resulting in an int, that the league said on the tuesday after the game should have been flagged. 

that would have kept the ball in our possession, moved us forward, and given us a first down in fg territory.

but dude, we don't need to stir it up from a game over ten years ago. please respect that in our forum. thanks.

I mean I made a joke, they brought up the game, and I just responded.  It was all just some friendly joking.  If it's really that much of a sore spot, I'll be sure to let any more comments slide by.

• Like 1

Also I really wish Jefferson didn't get hurt.  He was my first pick in fantasy and although it seems Cousins kep forgetting about him for extended periods of times, he was still an important and consistent producer that got removed from my squad.

• Like 1