2024 Offseason Thread: Dodgers Betting Big On Ohtani

hrubes20

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Killed the sport, he should be so proud.

Dramatic as ever I see!

Manfred sucks for many personal reasons (the Fortune 500-ification of the sport long precedes him) but the pitch clock, shift bans, and stolen bases stuff are legitimately the best thing to happen to baseball in 50 years.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2024 at 12:17 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

Has an athlete ever hated their own sport this much?

I mean, what he said isn't the far off truth for many athletes. There are tons of them that are family/faith based first and foremost and would prioritize that over baseball if it came down to it.

The mistake Rendon made is that you don't need to confess/preach it on a public platform and the way he potrayed/worded it was totally miscalculated. 

On 1/29/2024 at 8:46 AM, hrubes20 said:

I think Bellinger still gets something like Correa's first deal with the Twins.  3/$105 with some opt outs.  He's only entering his age 28 season so he should still get a solid deal before his age 29 or age 30 season, provided he keeps producing.  Not sure anybody wants to sign him for only 1 year, as he has a QO attached to him.

Man, Hoyer did way better than I projected.  Cubs got Bellinger for 3/$80 with the opt outs.  

4 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Man, Hoyer did way better than I projected.  Cubs got Bellinger for 3/$80 with the opt outs.  

3/$105 always seemed unrealistic to me.  I mean, I can't say I hate it for anyone.  For Bellinger, if he plays well again he's clearly opting out and there's no QO going to be attached to him.  If he has an average year, he still retains the ability to opt out the following year.

• 4 weeks later...