UPDATED: 2024 Off-season Thread. Front Office/Coaching News, Free agents etc.

Trentwannabe

On 11/14/2023 at 12:20 PM, howru8888 said:

I’m curious where the franchise and fan base is with Josh Allen. Hypothetically the Bears end up with picks 1 & 5 in The draft. Those  2 picks + what would land Allen? Or is he completely untouchable still?

No I wouldn’t trade him for any amount of picks tbqh

I'm curious as to what's happening behind closed doors with DIggs with Trevon speaking out and what side Stefon is taking there. Are you leaning on your brothers side and making yourself look bad to the rest of the team and letting Trevon essentially speak on your behalf, or, are you siding with your teammates and going against your brothers words.

If you aren't even addressing what he's putting out to about your team and saying you need to leave and talking down on your QB, that would seem shady to me.

55 minutes ago, DER10N92 said:

I'm curious as to what's happening behind closed doors with DIggs with Trevon speaking out and what side Stefon is taking there. Are you leaning on your brothers side and making yourself look bad to the rest of the team and letting Trevon essentially speak on your behalf, or, are you siding with your teammates and going against your brothers words.

If you aren't even addressing what he's putting out to about your team and saying you need to leave and talking down on your QB, that would seem shady to me.

Yeah, it’s getting really old tbqh. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

If he has another voice in his ear he might. I still trust Beane enough and if he thinks Sean’s taken us as far as he can, he may convince Pegula 

I don't think Beane wants to do it because he knows HC rotations mean his job security is lesser too. I just don't see anybody having the guts to actually do it despite the fact that it obviously needs to be done.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

I don't think Beane wants to do it because he knows HC rotations mean his job security is lesser too. I just don't see anybody having the guts to actually do it despite the fact that it obviously needs to be done.

Only thing is Beane didn’t hire McDermott. So this could be his chance to hire “his guy”.

There’s no doubt the Bills have had a championship roster the last few seasons. Beane should handpick who he wants to lead it 

If I am honest with myself, we have little to no flexibility with the cap next year. I think the injuries to Tre, Milano, etc is going to bail out McDermott and I think 2024 will be the make or break year for him.

We will retain Brady as OC, Maybe 1 signing and a new #2 WR in the draft, but if we hired a new coach next year, he wouldn't be able to bring in any of "his guys". At least in 2025 we can get out of Von's contract and a few others that have outs.

I am just preparing myself for 1 more year of the same.

1 hour ago, Maxmw22 said:

If I am honest with myself, we have little to no flexibility with the cap next year. I think the injuries to Tre, Milano, etc is going to bail out McDermott and I think 2024 will be the make or break year for him.

We will retain Brady as OC, Maybe 1 signing and a new #2 WR in the draft, but if we hired a new coach next year, he wouldn't be able to bring in any of "his guys". At least in 2025 we can get out of Von's contract and a few others that have outs.

I am just preparing myself for 1 more year of the same.

There’s a few “easy” ways to get around 15 million in cap space. Including letting Tre White go, Nyheim Hines go and a Josh Allen bonus among other things.

The Bills currently have 10 draft picks for 2024. That’s where the future of the team needs to start. Beane has done an excellent job the last two years with Cook, Bernard, Shakir, Benford, Kincaid and Torrence. Few others remain to be seen. 

Another strong depth class with maybe a stud S or WR would help this team immensely 

10 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Hiring Brady would be wild tbh. Idk how I’d feel about. Would be torn for sure

He would have to keep the offense humming over the final 5 games at minimum and then probably blow Beane/Pegula away in an interview with his vision. 

He does fit the criteria of what most people want though. Young, innovative offense minded coach.

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

He would have to keep the offense humming over the final 5 games at minimum and then probably blow Beane/Pegula away in an interview with his vision. 

He does fit the criteria of what most people want though. Young, innovative offense minded coach.

Which I can get behind. Just other guys that are more proven offensive minds that deserve a shot