The Good, The Bad, The 'it's not preseason anymore'.

Totty

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This comment was arrogant to you?

Yeesh.... how thin is your skin?

Not as thin as yours, sweetheart. 

You think it's amazing, the lengths I'll go "just to be right". 

I think it's amazing the lengths you've gone to defend your chosen hill, that you then backtracked 100%, and that you now want to argue it again. 

If you don't want to be called out for being one of the biggest McDaniels hacks in here, don't be a hack. Jumping on the bandwagon at the last possible second is weak. 

Don't want to be called out for being a Graham hack? Don't be one. You're desperate to be right for once after being dead wrong this entire time, and it shows. Why else would anyone pop up after two games beating the Giants and Jets and try and play the bluff card about Graham? Low hanging fruit? 

Pretty simple. 

I'm ok with Graham this season. He is mixing up blitzes and not just sitting back like a lot of our previous DCs. 

If anything I would criticize the play of Marcus Peters and his lack of effort on making tackles or pressing. I've since a lot of 3rd and 8s and he drops back 12 yards and allows a 9 yard completion, as well is quite a few whiffs on arm (one arm) tackle attempts.

Bennett has been bad too. Everyone else has been ok. Really Spillane and Crosby are holding things together.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

Agreed. Wilson made him look silly on that last play. Crosby was probably running on near empty though.

I’d like the coaching staff to be real with Crosby and have him not take every defensive snaps. I’m ok with 90-95% but not 100% .

The ones vs the Giants where the game was out of reach could of been used for someone else

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Grass is green in Foxborough. You should go hang out there with the other closet Patriots fans. 

Otherwise, checkmate? Clearly you had no good response. 

Buddy, none of your responses relating to PG are good lol

Why is me giving credit to PG equal to me being a “closeted Patriots fan”?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’d like the coaching staff to be real with Crosby and have him not take every defensive snaps. I’m ok with 90-95% but not 100% .

The ones vs the Giants where the game was out of reach could of been used for someone else

Rationale? 

I mean, yeah all he's really doing is stat padding in that scenario, but who would get those extra reps? 

Just seems to me that more often than not, not having Crosby out there would be an unnecessary liability. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Rationale? 

I mean, yeah all he's really doing is stat padding in that scenario, but who would get those extra reps? 

Just seems to me that more often than not, not having Crosby out there would be an unnecessary liability. 

He seemed to run out of gas vs Jets . Could be because he’s playing every down or that we haven’t had a bye week yet

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

He seemed to run out of gas vs Jets . Could be because he’s playing every down or that we haven’t had a bye week yet

Fair. 

Still don't know who takes the extra snapshot though. Unfortunately, I don't see a spot we could rest him up and still hope to be competitive over the coming weeks. 

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

What I see when I watch our defence is a unit that has tried to start doing simple things. I see less blown coverages, less missed tackles and maybe it’s been simplified so the players can play faster and not be confused or miscommunicate. I don’t see any complicated concepts and a good offence will be able to unpick it. They are not giving things away and making the opposing offences beat us, which the NY teams have been unable to do as they’re poor offences.

I think the additions of Epps and Spillane have helped with regards communication and maybe they’re two guys that are consistent and very solid. Neither is an All Pro but they seem to know their jobs and have added a reliability to the D.

I think we’re still limited from a pure talent standpoint. No elite corners but a few try hard, gutsy players in Hobbs,  Amik, Hall and Bennett (Peters is the exception). Moehrig is very solid back there now and pretty reliable. The DLine again has a bunch of backup/rotation guys plus the superb Crosby. Koonce has actually flashed some pass rush skills (which we all knew he had). Jenkins has been solid without really adding any pass rush. Nicholls hasnt been a liability. Butler has the odd flash and is probably the best pass rusher we have inside. The rookies we haven’t really seen enough of and that’s a little disappointing especially as the starters are not ripping it up out there.

The LBs I’m happy with, Spillane is good and Deablo and Masterson are not terrible and we can make do with them. Burney looks to have some potential.

Given the talent level, I’d say they are playing better than the sum of their parts, which to me seems like good coaching. I think we desperately need to add a Pro Bowl quality DT plus a CB to take over from Peters. If we can do that it could take the D to the next level as we’re limited by talent right now and will get exposed against a great offence like Miami or KC.

Good post,  no doubt we need some talent but I think the defensive coaches have done a good job. DL, LB and secondary are playing above their level. Jenkins, Spillane, Epps have been good additions. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Fair. 

Still don't know who takes the extra snapshot though. Unfortunately, I don't see a spot we could rest him up and still hope to be competitive over the coming weeks. 

We should be giving Wilson all the snaps he can get to speed up his development.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Fair. 

Id give the reps to Koonce and Wilson. We’re only talking about 4-7 snaps throughout the game

• Like 3