The Good, The Bad, The 'it's not preseason anymore'.

Totty

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Did Jaylon Smith play at all? Or was he relegated to the bench FT after Masterson/Deablo came back?

he was a healthy scratch I believe.

honestly tempted to get a spilane jersey as weve just needed a LBer for soooo long, but dont wanna jinx anything lol.
was an incredible jump last night on the pick, that i havent seen a raider lber do since Thomas Howard!

Love it!

46 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I see people ripping on Maxx abit online and here, but man if that's a "down" game for him then I am all for it lol. Dude wasn't putting up 2+ sacks like usual but he was around the ball a lot. Should he have had a sack or two and missed, sure, but even when he's not showing up in the stat sheet the dude is bringing it 100% and firing up the D.

He was robbed a sack on that intentional grounding call as well. 

• Like 4

The Good

The win! I really, really enjoyed that game...........I know some in the game day thread thoughty it was awful and maybe I've had a few too many bangs in the head, but I love a good old fashioned arm wrestle of a match where one or two plays and decisions are critical. We weren't pretty but we beat a very hard team to beat.

Jermaine Elumuenor - was he great? No. Did he make mistakes and get beat a few times? Yes. But overall considering the Jets have an elite front 7 and he's switching sides at short notice I thought he did a fine job, about aswell as we could expect.

Robert Spillane - I just like this guy, not an elite athlete by any means, not drafted but just an old school kind of LB and he looks like a Raider should too. We may have found our MLB guys after all these years, though he does have his faults he's clearly a guy that makes plays and if we can get him a good DT in front he'll look even better.

Josh Jacobs - another good game, man does he make so many extra yards after contact. Always turns a 1 yard loss into a 1 yard gain and just wears on a defence. Great to se him put a ton up.

Jacobi Meyers - great YAC and one excellent block, team player who's been a great addition. Adams was very good too with a couple crucial grabs.

Bo Hardegree - Considering he's just been thrown in at the deep end with a rookie QB and below average Oline he's doing really well. Mixed up the play calling well, varied the targets and the 4th down call with Carter was brilliant! The only think I'd really criticise is at the end of the 1st half we had a 2nd and 13 I think and then a 3rd and 18 and I'd have liked to see a screen or something just to claw back a few yards, keep us in FG range and not put the rookie QB under pressure.

O'Connell - spekaing of which, i though he did really well after a bit of a rough start. We all know he's holding the ball a bit too long but he's ot afraid to trust his guys and looks quite composed out there. His lack of athleticism really hurts at times but he came up big withthe TD throw. He needs game time and still too early to tell if he's any more than a backup.

Coaching overall - going for it on 4th down showed trust in the team, took FGs at the right times. Great to see us moving the ball with less than a minute left before the half rather than kneeling it out. No egregious decisions and it seems like for an inexperienced coaching team they are growing together. It's still too early to tell if they're right for the future but they're not doing themselves any harm so far.

Thought Hobbs and Hall did well once Amik was out, they were tested a bit but didn't make any bad mistakes.

STs - All Pro punter and Pro Bowl kicker. Also Carter did well on returns and we limited their returns too. ST's played a major role in winning this one.

The Bad

Pass rush - still no real push from the DTs, and disappoointing that we didn't see either of the rookies out there. The DTs weren't terrible and were reasonably solid against the run but if we could just get an impact DT we'd be cooking. I struggle to put Maxx Crosby in here as he's always 100% effort and always is involved in the play but he did seem like he was trying a bit too hard. Maybe he was still good but I thought he was overplaying a bit. Koonce showed flashes too but it seemed like we should have had a 4 or 5 sack game and let the QB get away too often.

Andre James - had a bit of a tough outing, was dominated by Quinnen Williams inside a few times plus a couple penalties I think. Tough day at the office. The whole Oline struggled a bit but then again, they were playing a great front 7.

Marcup Peters - another day, another whiffed tackle or three. Plus he's playing really far off the WRs maybe due to lack of confidence in his speed but it's negating his one major asset, his ball hawking.

Tackling was a bit off I thought too, too many misses for my liking.

Our last drive - I thought it was a big mistake to gift them an extra TO by not running the ball on 3rd down or even trying a screen pass maybe if you're going to throw it.

The last play was nearly a disaster, bit of over eagerness by the Dline and that was very nearly a catch in the end zone.

The Ugly

The Amik injury was not good to see, when a guy goes down and his arms are stil upo like that it's not good. Hope he's Ok as he's a fighter.

• Like 6

People hating on Maxx because he didn’t have the stats, but I still thought he played well. Was disruptive at key opportunities. Of course we all want him to rack up multiple sacks every game but it’s not always possible.

I’ve really enjoyed watching these last two games, not so much for the talent we’re displaying on the field but because there’s clearly some heart, energy and leadership that we’re missing under McDaniels.

AOC still had some rookie mistakes, but I actually thought he did really well against the best DEF in the league. That Jets D has shut down some awesome QBs this year and he didn’t look out of his depth. The kid might not be a long term starter for us or for anyone, but he’s got something about him. I think he can stick around and have a nice career as a high end backup.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How about that BALLSY 4th and short playcall from Bo? A super funky sweep to Carter was it? Man I did not see that coming but loved the guts.

jmd wouldve ran that with bolden who wouldve lost yards lol. 

well actually jmd wouldve punted, but still, agreed love the aggresiveness and creativity! 

6 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

People hating on Maxx because he didn’t have the stats, but I still thought he played well. Was disruptive at key opportunities. Of course we all want him to rack up multiple sacks every game but it’s not always possible.

I’ve really enjoyed watching these last two games, not so much for the talent we’re displaying on the field but because there’s clearly some heart, energy and leadership that we’re missing under McDaniels.

AOC still had some rookie mistakes, but I actually thought he did really well against the best DEF in the league. That Jets D has shut down some awesome QBs this year and he didn’t look out of his depth. The kid might not be a long term starter for us or for anyone, but he’s got something about him. I think he can stick around and have a nice career as a high end backup.

I don't think anyone is 'hating' on him, but he did seem to be overplaying a bit and maybe losing contain a few times. Maybe he got dizzy from all those spin moves 😁

He's still 100% effort and our best defensive player by a mile, but sometimes he does try too hard - I mean it's all relative and if that is your main fault then you're a pretty good player!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Maxx impact was against the run and some other plays that won’t show up on the stat sheet

The guy has taken an expanded leadership role since the JMD firing 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Love watching us play now

pierce isn’t getting out coached so far and I love it 

defense did they job

big Mike welcome to the nfl 

great throw by aoc

bring on Mia let’s see what we really made of and it’s a early east coast game 

100% agreed well said