The Good, The Bad, The 'it's not preseason anymore'.

Totty

Thought AOC looked decent all things considered.. his lack of athleticism shows, not having Kolton probably hurt a bit in terms of pressure but he knows he has to work on that internal clock as mentioned in his post game interview. Jacobs ran well in the 2nd half, not sure why we kept trying to run it up the middle so much early on.. Wish we would have been able to get DA more involved in 2nd half and didn’t really see any deep looks to Tucker considering his speed but I have a feeling AP/BH knew it was going to be a tight game and wanted to keep it safe. All in all, there’s a path to the playoffs if we can finish 5-2. 10 wins may do it, but we’re going to have to steal a tough game or 2 and win the games we should, plain and simple. 

Edited by JarrodR86
  • Like 5

Good 

Good win versus an elite defense. AOC did a good job as a rookie. 

Run defense, forced to Wilson to win the game which he couldn’t 

Adams & Mayer 

JJ- Ran the ball hard all day

Spillane - been a good signing, LB play has been good thus far this season

Bad

Too many fumbles could have cost us the game

Ugly

The Hail Mary play when I saw Wilson going up for it. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NickButera said:

That was a hard flight win. Jets shot themselves in the foot so many times, and we just rode it and didn't do anything to lose the game near the end, well, except that Jacobs fumble. was nice to see us overcome. 

I feel good for AP. And for our stars. They deserve this.

Anyone hear during the game the broadcasters saying Jacobs said he had been planned in so much every play, for the first time he felt he could be back next year

When they were talking about Jacibs picking X-number of favorite plays and all that, I remembered back to having a professional coaching staff as opposed to a dictator. 

Pierce and Hardigree are unproven and working on the fly in much larger roles than they held two weeks ago. But they are looking pretty capable and they give off "I know what I'm doing" vibes. Even when we were down yesterday, we never felt out of it or like anything was getting away from us. 

It was mostly boring and mundane, but that's to be expected a ti.e or two against good defenses while we're shorthanded, young, and inexperienced at QB and OC. 

I'm not super optimistic about keeping up Miami or KC this year, but I don't say that as a negative reflection of AOC, Hardigree, or anyone else on the team. Hats off to everyone, this 100% could have been a stumble game and they didn't. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

100% agree.

They were major upgrades from Harmon and Perryman. Not Stars but solid young veterans that every teams needs

Spillane is the best LB we had in a long time. Epps has seemed to solidify the backend

Perryman is ballin for the Texans rn

Good: WINNING! Jets D is insane, tough but we still Won.

Bad: Making their QB look like a good QB too often. lol

UGLY: Same players/team but different LEADERSHIP! It's UGLY that McDaniels created such a mess BUT....Happy Mark didn't wait and pulled the plug when he did so the WORLD can see McDaniels FAILURE as a HC. 

• Like 3

I see people ripping on Maxx abit online and here, but man if that's a "down" game for him then I am all for it lol. Dude wasn't putting up 2+ sacks like usual but he was around the ball a lot. Should he have had a sack or two and missed, sure, but even when he's not showing up in the stat sheet the dude is bringing it 100% and firing up the D.

• Like 5