Week 11 GDT: Browns vs Steelers

MWil23

Who will win  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Scrabble’s stockpiling of postgame Alpha awards in cringey Beta fashion
    • Mike deciding to show up after a win
    • LetsgoBrownies with digging up negative receipts postgame and omitting his own predictions for reasonable negative outcomes
    • Mwils coming cognitive dissonance as he asks himself are we good or bad
    • Candyman’s amusement as the postgame thread carnage
    • The Browns
    • Pittsburgh and their negative point differential

Tune in this Sunday on CBS at 1:00 EST, as the 6-3 Steelers in 2nd place in the AFC North and on their way to yet another playoff birth…

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523nji75uidylbp57jsh

…travel to Cleveland to take on your 6-3 Browns.

giphy.gif

Now that we have thoroughly examined the situation, let’s throw out some other interesting facts:

The Browns are 4-1 at home this season and Watson is 4-1 as a starter.

I, for one, have never doubted for a single solitary second…

giphy.gif

Now, this week’s matchups:

The Milk Men and Plumbers in the Hall of Fame vs Scrabble “I declare who is and is not an alpha even though I had to call out a technician to change my HVAC filter” @sdrawkcab321.

Speaking of milkmen, our two offensive tackles if Jones cannot play vs an elite Pittsburgh pass rush. Last game they single handedly won them the game.

DeShaun Watson vs stringing together good halves and games of football and faking or not faking injuries vs the perception of him faking injuries vs people arguing about him faking injuries vs people who hate him wanting him to have injuries 

Kenny Pickett vs 130 passing yards. Kenny Pickett vs the forward pass. 

Pittsburgh vs their negative point differential

Kevin Stefanski vs Mike Tomlin, clash of legitimate great coaches who get their respective team to play hard

Myles Garrett vs saving the day

The Browns vs turning the ball over

Summary:

After last week’s thrilling victory, I have moved to 4-0 on GDT and looking to move to 5-0 on the season.

edge-entrance-wwe.gif

…it’s with a heavy heart that I once again find myself for the good of the forum and our brotherhood picking up the torch to test meritless nonsense, correlation and causation, facilitating testy exchanges, and outright refusal to let criticism stand in our way come Sunday’s post Browns win, should that indeed happen.

giphy.gif

Bonus summary:

Tune in on Amazon Prime to see the 5-4 Cincinnati Bengals traveling to Baltimore to take on the 7-3 Ratbirds. If Cincinnati wins and we win on Sunday…

quotation-marks-chris-farley.gif

…we will be tied for first place in the AFC North headed into THANKSGIVING.

my-my-my-wouldnt-you-know-it-chris-farle

If Cincinnati loses, let’s check the status of their playoff ticket:

better-luck-next-time-loser-george-cloon

But if somehow Cincinnati wins and then we lose, I’d imagine this forum will yell a collective…

damn-it-chris-farley.gif

…only to be followed by with cooler heads prevailing…okay not prevailing but trying to convince us…

you-know-what-its-okay-chris-farley.gif

Sunday, 11/19 

85uq8j.jpg

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Our running backs have been obviously pretty good. I can’t help but keep coming back to if we had Nick Chubb though. Man, he would have taken this team to the next level as contenders.

Chubb going down still makes me sick. He needs to be a part of this. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

All the more reason we need to put it to Pittsburgh this week.

Yep, I’m hoping for a good ole curb-stomping. I want the division. I’m hoping that Baltimore game was the catalyst for these guys to get serious that they have the division within reach. 

• Like 1

The Ratbirds game was absolutely a game the "same old Browns" would have found a way to lose.

We showed we are not them.

Now that we've put ourselves in a great position, within sniffing range of the division lead, this Pukesburgh game is another one the "same old Browns" would poop the bed on.

Let's continue to show we are not them and take it to their chins. 

• Like 1