CFB coaching carousel- 2023-24 edition

thrILL!

7 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I think there's around 8-9 assistants or coaches that left. Just seems very high to me and I don't think they've filled many of them and it's getting pretty late to do so. 

I could be very wrong though as we don't see coaches go from college to the NFL, as a head coach, very often. Was trying to remember how many went with Carroll. 

The only time I can think of so many was when Pruitt and like 9 of his McDonald's bag carriers left to be NFL positional coaches, NFL staff analysts, and high school coaches. 

8 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

They have filled a lot of them internally. Right now they are looking at DC candidate from NFL but a lot of other stuff was internal backfill to date. 

But those internal hire's positions are still open though, right?

2 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

The only time I can think of so many was when Pruitt and like 9 of his McDonald's bag carriers left to be NFL positional coaches, NFL staff analysts, and high school coaches. 

Pruitt had to leave to avoid the sanctions, right? Or was that another coach?

Read that Osborne was the last coach to leave after winning a title, or in their case, .5 of one. Figured that didn't happen too often

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Kansas won't need a coach for a while. Good for them! He's turned them around

The next time a pay raise prevents a HC from leaving for another job will be the first time but good for them.  

On 11/29/2023 at 1:39 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Why would someone leave Tulane for Houston anyway? I get that Houston is in the BIG 12 now, but its not like the program is that much better than Tulane. Tulane is in much better shape to compete for the playoffs than Houston is. 

I must have missed this when I was browsing just now, but to answer your question

Better conference

Better history

Bigger fanbase

Way better facilities

Best recruiting hotbed in the United States

Better city

Tulane probably reached its peak when they had Fritz.  I seriously doubt they will be playoff contenders going forward. 

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

LOL Tony Alford leaving OSU for Michigan is not something I thought would happen today.

Weird to say the least, he basically chose James Peoples over Jordan Marshall and now he has to go coach him? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Weird to say the least, he basically chose James Peoples over Jordan Marshall and now he has to go coach him? 

downgrade for michigan to go from Hart to him.

I didnt mind Tony but he did miss on a lot of guys. Yes he was part of the recruitment for Dobbins and Henderson but when those dudes came to Columbus they were already studs in their own right and never really grew or developed. They were never able to develop another legit back up RB.

I would really be curious who they get to replace him. The pipe dream is Eddie George but I would gladly steal his RB coach from Tenn. St. It be awesome to get Pepe Pearson. Ohio has some stud RBs coming up and he has been around Ohio awhile in his coaching career. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I would really be curious who they get to replace him. 

Your post was spot on but wanted to focus on this part. Scottie Graham is a name I'm seeing mentioned a lot. I don't remember him from when he played here and wasn't familiar with him until earlier today. Maybe someone can add some info regarding him though.

You are right that Eddie would be the ideal guy. I can't see how a guy like that can't recruit well and he's a name literally everyone who plays football knows. I just can't see it happening but I hope it does

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Your post was spot on but wanted to focus on this part. Scottie Graham is a name I'm seeing mentioned a lot. I don't remember him from when he played here and wasn't familiar with him until earlier today. Maybe someone can add some info regarding him though.

You are right that Eddie would be the ideal guy. I can't see how a guy like that can't recruit well and he's a name literally everyone who plays football knows. I just can't see it happening but I hope it does

I had no idea who scottie Graham, he is a little bit before my time. I didnt get into watching football until '97-'98. His Wiki page is already stating he is the RB coach for OSU lol I kinda like Pepe as a potential RB coach. I want to say he applied to the HC position at my former D2 school when they were looking for a HC but they didnt hire him. Graham's experience as an associate athletic director could be nice but he really lacks coaching experience

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, buno67 said:

I had no idea who scottie Graham, he is a little bit before my time. I didnt get into watching football until '97-'98. His Wiki page is already stating he is the RB coach for OSU lol I kinda like Pepe as a potential RB coach. I want to say he applied to the HC position at my former D2 school when they were looking for a HC but they didnt hire him. Graham's experience as an associate athletic director could be nice but he really lacks coaching experience

I agree w/ all of this. I also am curious about how good of a recruiter Graham could be. Alford wasn't the greatest at it but he wasn't bad. Pepe would bring a little more star power to the position but not like Eddie would. Again, though, that's the dream that isn't going to happen. Makes me wonder how many guys Kelly has that might be willing to head on over and help coach one of the best RB rooms in the country. Have to feel it's an appealing job.

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I agree w/ all of this. I also am curious about how good of a recruiter Graham could be. Alford wasn't the greatest at it but he wasn't bad. Pepe would bring a little more star power to the position but not like Eddie would. Again, though, that's the dream that isn't going to happen. Makes me wonder how many guys Kelly has that might be willing to head on over and help coach one of the best RB rooms in the country. Have to feel it's an appealing job.

Duce Staley was his RB coach in Philly but I dont see him leaving. His RB when he was with SanFran retired. I dont see Foster leaving UCLA lol His RB coach are Oregon looks like he was a lifer there and retired. So if they go after a RB coach, it might be someone with no connections prior to the coaches. when Day was at BC, Al Washington, our former LB coach was the RB coach lol Tyree Foreman, the RB coach, when he was coaching at Temple, doesnt seem like he would be anything special. Stan Drayton, who is the HC for Temple now, was the RB coach when Day was at Florida, IDK if he would come back here. Ben Sirmans, was the RB coach with Day his first stint at BC.

so yeah, it looks like no prior connections for the RB IMO