GDT WEEK 12 -MNF @Vikings

SLCbear

Happy for Fields he was able to redeem himself for the W here but man oh man this guy doesn't ever make it look easy

Ugly win and against a better QB that's probably a loss but you take it if your a coach or player...some  bears fans tho are probably pissed with that outcome 😭

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

It is a loss... Need our pick to be #2 or #3 to get Marvin Harrison Jr. 

We're currently 4, and 2 games up. 

If we take a QB at #1 then I am not sure we would take MHJ even if we did somehow have the #2 pick because we need to build more around that rookie QB...

#1...QB Drake Maye

#7...WR Malik Nabers

Starting calibre player

2024 2nd round pick

2025 1st round pick

Helps this franchise more than...

#1...QB Drake Maye

#2...WR MHJ

IMO

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Epyon said:

It is a loss... Need our pick to be #2 or #3 to get Marvin Harrison Jr. 

We're currently 4, and 2 games up. 

Carolina could end up giving us 2 or 3 still...no guarantee with anything

Also this is a pretty damn good WR class. Getting Nabers or Odunze as a consolation wouldn't be bad

Harrison Jr  is a really good prospect but ppl are acting like he's God

I'm more concerned with getting QB right before worrying about getting another receiver 

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Good news is due to SOS we are still picking 4th overall right now and have a good gap in SOS over basically every other team.

There are seven teams with 4 wins. Most have one more loss than most because you haven't had your buy yet. Not sure how that will shake out with Tampa in the NFC South at 4 wins. Their SOS has to be terrible. 

Meaningless win taking the Bears out of contention for premium players, name a more classic Chicago Bears thing. Remember Aaron Donald? Remember Leonard Williams? 

Boy, it sure will be fun to watch MHJ have a stellar career on some other team. 

I didn’t watch this game and I’m glad I didn’t. This team can’t even lose correctly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

There are seven teams with 4 wins. Most have one more loss than most because you haven't had your buy yet. Not sure how that will shake out with Tampa in the NFC South at 4 wins. Their SOS has to be terrible. 

They play Carolina twice...they are going to be just fine 😂

Edited by Madmike90

3 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Meaningless win taking the Bears out of contention for premium players, name a more classic Chicago Bears thing. Remember Aaron Donald? Remember Leonard Williams? 

Boy, it sure will be fun to watch MHJ have a stellar career on some other team. 

I didn’t watch this game and I’m glad I didn’t. This team can’t even lose correctly.

Yo..when are you guys going to realize that teams don't want to purposely tank 

I bet Poles, Flus and Fields are really concerned about missing out on a premium player in the draft when none of these three may be back next year if they don't get things turned around 

I get it from a fan perspective but let's be real

• Like 1

Honestly the offense for MIN was so neutered it was 2017 Bears bad. No Cousins, no Jefferson, their best RB would be fighting (and losing IMO) for the 3rd spot for the Bears. I mean Hockenson is the only player really of note to deal with. Addison is a solid WR2 (and may be a WR1 caliber player later) but when you have Dobbs throwing the ball to you... just bad. MIN trotted out a PAC12 offense and the Bears still had to squeak by.

There is just so much more talent than this on the roster. Getsy is out of his depth, Fields is either playing super conservative by design or he just left his balls back in Chicago, and while having 4 TOs (a +2 advantage) and basically 36 mins to 24 mins TOP the Bears put up 12 points.

If I'm Poles and tanking, I'm keeping everything just as is. Any real team would have beaten the brakes off either of these teams tonight. If I'm Eberflus (and not being handcuffed by Poles or Warren) I'm firing Getsy for how pathetic the offense continues to be. Janocko may be worse but the bar is so damn low that being mediocre would be an improvement. At this point it is basically like benching Claypool was, it was addition by subtraction and showed that Eberflus was at least going to make someone accountable. I mean we have seen Whitehair benched for sucking, why is Getsy above that? 

I'll take an unknown calling plays over known (almost 30 games that prove it) ****.

This offense is just brutal to watch.  We need to trade Fields for what we can get for him, and can the entire coaching staff.  I actually don't even blame them for ruining Fields.  I blame ownership.  Why in the world do you invest big assets to trade up for a quarterback, and then go and hire a defensive-minded head coach?  That has made no sense at all right from the start.

I'm really starting to think our best course of action for the future is make due with an average quarterback, and then invest almost everything on the defensive side of the ball.  We have won only one Super Bowl in our history, and that was when we had an average quarterback and a historically beastly defense.  That's Chicago Bears football.  Why fight it?

1 hour ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

This offense is just brutal to watch.  We need to trade Fields for what we can get for him, and can the entire coaching staff.  I actually don't even blame them for ruining Fields.  I blame ownership.  Why in the world do you invest big assets to trade up for a quarterback, and then go and hire a defensive-minded head coach?  That has made no sense at all right from the start.

I'm really starting to think our best course of action for the future is make due with an average quarterback, and then invest almost everything on the defensive side of the ball.  We have won only one Super Bowl in our history, and that was when we had an average quarterback and a historically beastly defense.  That's Chicago Bears football.  Why fight it?

If we are going by THAT team, well that team also was 2nd in scoring on offense. lol

Flores is man.  Though he got soft at end to give up game.  Getsy and Fields couldn’t handle him.  He embarrassed them on national tv and may have personally destroyed Fields career in two games against MN. 

A lot of guys got banged up in this game for Bears.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

If we are going by THAT team, well that team also was 2nd in scoring on offense. lol

Don't you think a lot of that had to do with getting good field position a lot of the time?  Another team we can look at is Lovie's 2006 team.  They didn't win the Super Bowl, but they did get there, and that sure didn't have much to do with offense, at least not the passing game.