Week 13: Chiefs @ Packers Lead up - Big Big SNF Game Vs Mahomes and MaAuto

LLcheesehead12

6 hours ago, Leader said:
6 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am still trying to understand why he seemingly stayed inbounds on purpose.  It ended up working out for the better, but still.

Wasn't thinking....bad decision as a consequence.

I've seen this being discussed. I thought it was very clearly intentional by MLF to run the clock out at the time. Taylor did it twice in a row which indicates he was told to do it. It's not a natural instinct twice in a row.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I've seen this being discussed. I thought it was very clearly intentional by MLF to run the clock out at the time. Taylor did it twice in a row which indicates he was told to do it. It's not a natural instinct twice in a row.

100% on purpose after it happened twice and how we played that thing. I whined at the time at him but you can see it was purposeful. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

La Fleur called an absolutely brilliant game watching JT's breakdown. Damn.

Love is ballin'

and we're still leaving points out there. Upgrading LT is so obviously the #1 priority this offseason.

MLF was on his game with playcalling for sure.  1 of his best this year.

Footwork for Love seems be be getting refined each week.  Less of the poorer issues showing up.

Fully agree on the LT spot.  Too many plays where Walker gets pushed into Love or misses a block allowing a free inside rusher.

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

MLF was on his game with playcalling for sure.  1 of his best this year.

Footwork for Love seems be be getting refined each week.  Less of the poorer issues showing up.

Fully agree on the LT spot.  Too many plays where Walker gets pushed into Love or misses a block allowing a free inside rusher.

I have to add RG too. Love needs to be able to step up into the pocket. Right now that's iffy. Thankfully, Myers is playing better, so that only leaves two spots on the O-line to upgrade and we have plenty of draft capital to accomplish that.

9 hours ago, Norm said:

100% on purpose after it happened twice and how we played that thing. I whined at the time at him but you can see it was purposeful. 

I don't know though, just because he was told to stay in bounds the first time doesn't necessarily mean Lafleur wanted him to on the second run, which got us in scoring position, if so thats a mistake on MLF.

Edited by turf toe
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I have to add RG too. Love needs to be able to step up into the pocket. Right now that's iffy. Thankfully, Myers is playing better, so that only leaves two spots on the O-line to upgrade and we have plenty of draft capital to accomplish that.

thing is a week ago PFF ranked Walker #4 with PBWR ( pass blocking win rate) for the month prior, and he is a 2nd year 7th round pick, if all that is true, then I'd think the coaches feel Walker is still on the rise.

saying all that I tend to think PFF might be right, as well as us, with the free rushers, and speed rushers easily looping Walker and forcing Love to move up or avoid that pressure.

we keep rotating Nijman and Walker, so it would seem the coaches still havn't seen from either the production there looking for, so I expect several OL picks in this coming draft.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, turf toe said:

thing is a week ago PFF ranked Walker #4 with PBWR ( pass blocking win rate) for the month prior, and he is a 2nd year 7th round pick, if all that is true, then I'd think the coaches feel Walker is still on the rise.

saying all that I tend to think PFF might be right, as well as us, with the free rushers, and speed rushers easily looping Walker and forcing Love to move up or avoid that pressure.

we keep rotating Nijman and Walker, so it would seem the coaches still havn't seen from either the production there looking for, so I expect several OL picks in this coming draft.

Just from the eye test, if PFF has Walker ranked at #4 in that category it must be a different Walker on some other team.  The guy has been a turnstile on more than one occasion.  Team needs much more stability than this to keep improving.  Nice to have him as a backup for sure but more talent there is needed.

• Like 1