SF @ PHI thread

Manny/Patrick

Happy Monday FF, can we keep this thread alive as the game of the year happens this Sunday @ the Linc. 49ers have had this game circled since they lost in the NFC Champ game last year and Purdy went down. #1 seed v #2 seed. If PHi wins this game they can pretty much seal 1 seed for the year. Thoughts? Predictions?

EDIT: had to change the title since we hating each other this week

Edited by Manny/Patrick

I think the Eagles get UP for this game and play well for four quarters. And agreed on the Eagles being able to win the line of scrimmage on both sides. Hurts will also be a huge problem. Just a nightmare match up (the only one) for the Niners.

Eagles take it 33-16

After this game:

Eagles don't care

Niners pray that the Cowboys or Lions somehow take the Eagles out in the playoffs

Cowboys pray that they never have to play the Niners again

• Like 3

Gonna be a fun/tough one.

All the flavor of last year should carryover, I'd worry after two tough games that the Eagles could come up short..but you could tell they were pissed off during and after that game.

Curious if we get a prim/proper media week or teams just add to the fuel thats already plentiful.

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

After this game:

Eagles don't care

Niners pray that the Cowboys or Lions somehow take the Eagles out in the playoffs

This is it lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I think the Eagles get UP for this game and play well for four quarters. And agreed on the Eagles being able to win the line of scrimmage on both sides. Hurts will also be a huge problem. Just a nightmare match up (the only one) for the Niners.

Eagles take it 33-16

After this game:

Eagles don't care

Playing well for 4 quarters?

anakin-skywalker-palpatine.gif

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Gonna be a fun/tough one.

All the flavor of last year should carryover, I'd worry after two tough games that the Eagles could come up short..but you could tell they were pissed off during and after that game.

Curious if we get a prim/proper media week or teams just add to the fuel thats already plentiful.

Deebo hates the Eagles so we will get word from him, he even thinks Bradberry is trash

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

The eagles are better where it matters. I think they win in the trenches. Defensive line should destroy the niners offensive line, and the eagles offensive line should handle the niners front. 

It depends on health. We are currently just so beat up it is hard to imagine we dominate up front if we don't get guys back. If Lane, Milton, and Cox all play? Sure I could see it. Can Goedert and Cunningham come back to play this week? Just a ton of unknowns on the matchup at this point imo. If the Eagles are actually healthy I like our chances a lot. If all of these guys are missing? The Niners are just way healthier and coming off a TNF game they have a lot more time to rest up and prepare.

I do think the Eagles can still win regardless, but our strengths will be heavily nullified if a lot of these guys don't play. Hopefully we get a relatively injury free game.... the Eagles need it bad lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It depends on health. We are currently just so beat up it is hard to imagine we dominate up front if we don't get guys back. If Lane, Milton, and Cox all play? Sure I could see it. Can Goedert and Cunningham come back to play this week? Just a ton of unknowns on the matchup at this point imo. If the Eagles are actually healthy I like our chances a lot. If all of these guys are missing? The Niners are just way healthier and coming off a TNF game they have a lot more time to rest up and prepare.

I do think the Eagles can still win regardless, but our strengths will be heavily nullified if a lot of these guys don't play. Hopefully we get a relatively injury free game.... the Eagles need it bad lol.

The rest is probably the biggest obstacle for the eagles imo. Some extra days rest for the niners, plus that Eagles defense was out there for over 90 plays yesterday. That's a lot. But the matchup is just poor for the niners. They tend to struggle against mobile QBs. Lane Johnson is one of the few tackles who is just going to erase whatever edge rusher the niners put out  there against him, including Bosa. 

That said, weather is a huge concern if you're a niners fan. I'll have to wait until we are closer to kickoff to really see where that stands, because i think everything else goes out the window if it's going to be rainy and windy. If the niners win this game, it's going to be on the arm of purdy shredding that secondary. That's not going to happen in poor weather. 

• Like 1