SF @ PHI thread

Manny/Patrick

7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I mean, he ain't wrong lol. 

Key to the game for them to stop him, sounds “no duh” though that the people lining up closest to the ball will have a big impact.

It’s crazy to me how well he’s stepped in for Hargrave in year one.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Key to the game for them to stop him, sounds “no duh” though that the people lining up closest to the ball will have a big impact.

It’s crazy to me how well he’s stepped in for Hargrave in year one.

On one hand, I've seen how taking a chance on guys who may have non football red flags can turn out, so I get it....

On the other hand, he was basically like top 3 player in this draft and come on, someone take a chance before he falls to the NFC representative in the super bowl last year lol. 

But this really just goes back to why for the last two years I've thought that Philly was just a flat out awful matchup for the niners regardless of how anyone felt about the actual talent matchup. I think the niners defense is going to really struggle to get off the field because i think the eagles are going to be pretty successful running the ball against a defense that prefers to sell out against a pass, and I think while the niners offense will largely be fine, I think the niners pass rush is going to do enough that it's going to prevent the niners offense from having a big game. 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

On one hand, I've seen how taking a chance on guys who may have non football red flags can turn out, so I get it....

On the other hand, he was basically like top 3 player in this draft and come on, someone take a chance before he falls to the NFC representative in the super bowl last year lol. 

But this really just goes back to why for the last two years I've thought that Philly was just a flat out awful matchup for the niners regardless of how anyone felt about the actual talent matchup. I think the niners defense is going to really struggle to get off the field because i think the eagles are going to be pretty successful running the ball against a defense that prefers to sell out against a pass, and I think while the niners offense will largely be fine, I think the niners pass rush is going to do enough that it's going to prevent the niners offense from having a big game. 

Funny how Purdy can be a product of a system and Carter can’t be. Put him on the Cards and see if he can be as good when they are keying on him, not saying he isn’t good, but having a great DL helps

3 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Funny how Purdy can be a product of a system and Carter can’t be. Put him on the Cards and see if he can be as good when they are keying on him, not saying he isn’t good, but having a great DL helps

When you're considered a top 3 pick in the draft, you're likely going to get the benefit of the doubt that your talent probably carries across the league. 

Top guys like that get drafted to awful teams and succeed all the time. 

Lowly drafted QBs tend to not have great hit rates and thus when one hits, people generally try to discover a the secret as to why. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Carter is literally doubled every game.  It's not like opposing teams aren't keying on stopping Carter.

2 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Carter is literally doubled every game.  It's not like opposing teams aren't keying on stopping Carter.

Yeah not sure the % number but I'm pretty sure he is top 5 among DT league wide. Hard to compare him to a DE/LB also getting DBL.

17 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yeah not sure the % number but I'm pretty sure he is top 5 among DT league wide. Hard to compare him to a DE/LB also getting DBL.

He's actually on the lower end for DTs with the highest win rate (tied for 18th in the top 20 DTs by win rate), but still double teamed more than half his snaps and it's not that big of a variance. Chris Jones is toward the top at 74, Carter is at 58. 

Seth walder hasn't posted a graph which shows a bigger group of DTs, so I can only see what's on the ESPN site. But I imagine Carter is still much higher than your typical DT, this is just 20 of the best. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 9:38 AM, Nabbs4u said:

As for Ward, I hope his assignment is AJ 1v1 all day with no help. Good luck with that. Hurts isn't Geno and AJ isn't DK.

Ward 1v1 on AJB in the redzone was a huge reason the niners dominated today. Ward matched his physicality and was ready for every route AJB ran in that area is the field. 

Ward leads the league in pass deflections. Put some f ucking respect on his name