Week 13 Games

Leader

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Big 2019 Packers vibes from this Eagles team

Eagles really need that bye. Over the last 13 days they've had to go at KC, OT vs. BUF, and now the 49ers (who have had 10 days rest and have only had to deal with the Bucs and Seahawks). Lucky for them they'll have a one game buffer even with this loss and their schedule is a lot easier after Dallas next week.

The 49ers also have a cake schedule, but they do need to go perfect and get help.

Edited by Striker

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

The point isn't how we'd do this year against them. They're a tier above. The point is about getting a playoff game experience. And the guys are the top playing hard against WC competition might help out GB late in the season. Particularly week 17.

100% agreed, which is what I meant by experience and mentality. I thought the "at least 10-11 wins, no excuses" crowd were beyond delusional from the get go. This is the youngest team in the NFL in about 7 years and second youngest pass catching corps in over 30 - the younger in both instances were the 2016 browns, who went 0-16. Factor in the TEs and it might be one of the very youngest group of pass catchers in league history, with a QB in his first year starting throwing to them. 

Just getting to the playoffs this year sets a "this is the minimum" mentality for the rest of their careers. I would be very happy with us going as we have been over the last month (with the caveat that a bad game or two may well happen with such a young team), but even seeking in to the last spot only to lose by two scores would be massive. 

• Like 2

The Eagles are the Lamar Jackson MVP year Ravens team except power running. They cannot play from behind.

Everything they do is based around teams having to stop the run first.

This is why you can’t invest too much in your front four.

The Eagles model might get them a Super Bowl win, but last year was the year to get it. I doubt they win one now. Tough to maintain that OL, QB and WR threat for a long time, and if they lose one of those elite levels, everything else kinda evens out.

3 minutes ago, MacReady said:

The Eagles are the Lamar Jackson MVP year Ravens team except power running. They cannot play from behind.

Everything they do is based around teams having to stop the run first.

This is why you can’t invest too much in your front four.

The Eagles model might get them a Super Bowl win, but last year was the year to get it. I doubt they win one now. Tough to maintain that OL, QB and WR threat for a long time, and if they lose one of those elite levels, everything else kinda evens out.

They have their flaws but can’t play from behind has not been one of them. They will have to fight the rest of the way but still have a clear path to the top seed. 

Edited by Refugee