Who do you want to be our starting QB next season?

NYRaider

Starting QB  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Starting QB

• AOC
    • Jimmy G
    • Free Agent (Comment who)
    • Draft Pick (Comment who)
    • Acquired via Trade (Comment who)

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Show me where I said that. Come on, sweet summer child, you can do it.......or rather you can't, because it didn't happen. 

You should really learn the definition of consistency. 

It was a question my son, I said the DC lovers also seem to prefer AOC. Not sure what that has to do with you.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The same folks that wanted to give Derek Carr 3 more years to prove himself are the ones that want AOC to start here next year.

It's impossible to win with bottom tier QB play my brothers.

I think you’re being dishonest here, I’ve not heard anyone state they’re throwing their lot in with O’Connell. All I’ve heard is people say he’s a rookie and he’s played 5 or 6 games or parts thereof and he should probably be on the roster in some capacity next year to compete.

Has anyone said they specifically want O’Connell as the starter next year (if so, who?) or are they saying ‘give the kid time to develop, but also draft a QB prospect’?

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think you’re being dishonest here, I’ve not heard anyone state they’re throwing their lot in with O’Connell. All I’ve heard is people say he’s a rookie and he’s played 5 or 6 games or parts thereof and he should probably be on the roster in some capacity next year to compete.

Has anyone said they specifically want O’Connell as the starter next year (if so, who?) or are they saying ‘give the kid time to develop, but also draft a QB prospect’?

Obviously he should be on the roster, a lot of you just have higher expectations then I do I guess. I personally just don’t expect a 25 year old QB that is currently one of the worst starters in the league to become a good starter.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It was a question my son, I said the DC lovers also seem to prefer AOC. Not sure what that has to do with you.

No, that isn't what you said. 

You said "The same folks that wanted to give Derek Carr 3 more years to prove himself are the ones that want AOC to start here next year."

Two very different things. Come on, kiddo, do better. We're not all British Petroleum, some of us can actually do research and cite points to back up our claims. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

No, that isn't what you said. 

You said "The same folks that wanted to give Derek Carr 3 more years to prove himself are the ones that want AOC to start here next year."

Two very different things. Come on, kiddo, do better. We're not all British Petroleum, some of us can actually do research and cite points to back up our claims. 

You like to argue just for the sake of arguing, but you did reveal you are a Carr stan and apparently want AOC to start here next year?

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Obviously he should be on the roster, a lot of you just have higher expectations then I do I guess. I personally just don’t expect a 25 year old QB that is currently one of the worst starters in the league to become a good starter.

A lot of who? I’ve not heard one person say O’Connell should be just handed the keys to the starting QB job next year!

All I’ve heard is people say to keep him as starter this year, see if he improves or not and draft a guy or trade for a kid like Fields next year? 

Just now, Darbsk said:

A lot of who? I’ve not heard one person say O’Connell should be just handed the keys to the starting QB job next year!

All I’ve heard is people say to keep him as starter this year, see if he improves or not and draft a guy or trade for a kid like Fields next year? 

Speaking on Fields there was a report that we'd be interested in him if the Bears trade him.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Speaking on Fields there was a report that we'd be interested in him if the Bears trade him.

Goodness I hope not. 0.8 average depth of completed targets against the Vikings and running round like a headless chicken. Not been impressed with him this year, though he has shown the odd flash.

Bring him in to compete for a backup spot for a day three pick maybe but I want a bona fide prospect next year from the draft, not a reclamation project, I believe some people call them retreads 🙂

• Like 1