Week #13 General 🏈 Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

3 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

Dumb thought of the week:

Is it actually best in the NFC right now to the #2 seed over the #1? This assumption is that you don't fully believe in the Lions, and think the Tier 1 teams are 9ers/Dallas/Eagles (in that order IMO). Philly or Dallas will 100% get the 5th seed, baring obscene circumstances. Thus, whoever gets the #1 team will very likely be matched against against the DAL/PHI in the divisional round, and then likely be matched against the other in the conference championship.

For example, would you rather have a Bye-PHI-DAL for your road to the Superbowl, or potentially something like GB-DET-NFCE team?

Automatic flaw in logicΒ 

• Like 1

Passed out in the 3rd quarter of SNF due to my diabetes acting up after 27 Β straight cookies and the thread is already locked lol.Β 
Β 

But good game Packers fans. I saw the bad call montage but regardless of crap officiating you beat our butts and hope the best for you guys going forward.Β 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Automatic flaw in logicΒ 

I guess I haven't watched any Lions games... but who have they beaten? Credit for week 1 against KC (although... they have looked pretty flawed), but since then it's almost entirely bad or middling teams.

Chiefs W

Falcons W

Packers W

Panthers W

Buccs W

Raiders W

Chargers W

Bears W

Then they play the Ravens and get trounced 38-6. I mean, credit where credit is due, it's hard to win in the NFL regardless of skill. They're definitely a solid team, but I'd much rather see the Cowboys play against the Lions then the Eagles and 9ers. AJ Brown/Smith and their lines scare me more than anything the Lions have. The other contender they've

Only other caveat is playing in SF or PHI afterwards would be a nightmare.

Edited by elevators_rule

9 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

Is it actually best in the NFC right now to the #2 seed over the #1? This assumption is that you don't fully believe in the Lions, and think the Tier 1 teams are 9ers/Dallas/Eagles (in that order IMO). Philly or Dallas will 100% get the 5th seed, baring obscene circumstances. Thus, whoever gets the #1 team will very likely be matched against against the DAL/PHI in the divisional round, and then likely be matched against the other in the conference championship.

For example, would you rather have a Bye-PHI-DAL for your road to the Superbowl, or potentially something like GB-DET-NFCE team?

#1 seeds have like a 50% chance of making the Super Bowl the past few years. Those are the best odds you can ask for.

If youre SF, you don't care where you play thoughΒ πŸ˜†

Edited by General Tso

You would rather have Bye-PHI than playing the Packers.Β  We are not losing again! EVER!Β  So your scenario also doesn't make sense.Β  It would be:Β  Bye-PHI-GB.Β  But honestly, one would probably rather not delay the inevitable, and just take their medicine right away and lose to Green Bay in the first round.

Β 

That is assuming Detroit beats the 6 seed. They lost at home to both Green Bay and Seattle and it wouldn't be the craziest thing for the Rams or Vikings to win in Detroit either.

If I need the Chiefs defense to be bad because I have a fantasy player going against them, they're the best defense in the NFL.

If I need the Chiefs defense to be good to beat an NFC team for the wildcard race, they're the worst defense in the NFL.

Bad news for the Bills next week since I have Allen and Diggs.