Week 14 Games

Leader

11 hours ago, Tperk said:

The locals aren't very happy with Trubisky.

Da' Bears! Let's trade up for 3 to 2 and grab the guy nobody wanted in Trubisky. Leave Kermit the Frog for the Chiefs. 

I sleep well knowing the Bears will **** up the #1 overall pick this year. 

Why the heck isn't Mason Rudolph playing? 

Edited by Old Guy

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Da' Bears! Let's trade up for 3 to 2 and grab the guy nobody wanted in Trubisky. Leave Kermit the Frog for the Chiefs. 

I sleep well know the Bears will **** up the #1 overall pick this year. 

Why the heck isn't Mason Rudolph playing? 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/12/08/steelers-fans-call-new-quarterback-mitch-trubisky-struggled-mason-rudolph

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tperk said:

You don't think 6-11 for 61 yards in the first half is part of the reason they aren't very happy?

That's kind of what I meant about it, he was killing the Steelers O and thereby giving the Pats life sparks

Meantime though, looks like the Patriots suddenly remembered they don't know how to play offense

It's a shame we lost that game to the Steelers, especially for the reasons we lost. I get that they are a little better with Pickett versus what we saw last night, but that wasn't even the reason why we lost. We lost because Barry's game plan was to defend the Steelers like they were the Chiefs or Dolphins. He just tolerated them gashing us for the entire first half with light run fronts. 

I sincerely hope we don't see that Monday against the Giants. That is literally the only chance the Giants have to beat us. Barry has to be smart enough to understand that right? 

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It's a shame we lost that game to the Steelers, especially for the reasons we lost. I get that they are a little better with Pickett versus what we saw last night, but that wasn't even the reason why we lost. We lost because Barry's game plan was to defend the Steelers like they were the Chiefs or Dolphins. He just tolerated them gashing us for the entire first half with light run fronts. 

I sincerely hope we don't see that Monday against the Giants. That is literally the only chance the Giants have to beat us. Barry has to be smart enough to understand that right? 

Everytime we think the light bulb has turned on for Barry, he turns it off soon after. A great playoff stand against SF turns into a Wk 1 embarrassment against Minny. A decisive adjustment against Minny much later in that year turns into a regression against Detroit to wrap up the season. This is picture perfect for a typical Barry regression.

• Like 1

So how to bet on tomorrow ...

Well, I'd say Houston over New York (Jets) is a no-brainer

Rams have been on the rise again since Stafford returned, but I think the Ravens will be just a bit too much

Cleveland over Jacksonville will be a closer one than should be, but I just think the Jags are reeling too much from losing Trevor Lawrence last game

Carolina will likely come close to winning, but I feel like the Saints will once again hold em off in the end

Miami is gonna crush Tennessee and possibly end Mike Vrabel

Some interesting plots building up

Can the Bucs win and keep the NFC South race in chaos?  An ATL win and as bad as they are, I think it all but secures the division for them.

Browning vs Minshew between the Bengals and Colts - that one's gonna be a push though I'm feeling a slight edge for Indy

Chiefs and Bills - A game that used to be really hyped in the past but just feels like it's lost some energy this time around.  Chiefs gotta reassert themselves as the dominant AFC team again while Buffalo fights for their playoff lives.

And of course the game for all the NFC East marbles between Dallas and Philly

Now ... Which of these teams is most likely to cause the upset?

A. Chicago?

B. Las Vegas?

C. Seattle?

Detroit has found themselves in closer games than anticipated it would seem these last three weeks as well as on the losing end of one vs us.  But I don't quite feel the Bears are gonna get nearly as lucky this time.

Seattle is by far the least likely to cause an upset as I don't trust Geno Smith against that defense, but they can be hard to tell what's gonna happen with

Most likely upset is the Raiders because they still got issues but they're playing with more heart under Antonio Pierce than they were that cancerous McDaniels.  And you just don't know which Dobbs will show up.  He can be good, but when he's bad he's atrocious.

Why are people still acting like the Bears have picked 27 straight wrong quarterbacks? Why can’t they see it hasn’t been the quarterbacks, it’s been the Bears.

It’s not even possible to make that many bad decisions in a row at one position.

Like… FFS, Jay Cutler had 4,500 passing yards in his last year as a Bronco. 62% and 7.3 YPA. Never had over 3,812 yards as a Bear.

The Bears wreck quarterbacks so thoroughly they are incapable of rebounding or becoming anything other than backups.

If the Bears had drafted Mahomes, Mahomes would never have been the Mahomes we know.

It hasn’t been the quarterbacks, it’s been the franchise.

38 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Why are people still acting like the Bears have picked 27 straight wrong quarterbacks? Why can’t they see it hasn’t been the quarterbacks, it’s been the Bears.

It’s not even possible to make that many bad decisions in a row at one position.

Like… FFS, Jay Cutler had 4,500 passing yards in his last year as a Bronco. 62% and 7.3 YPA. Never had over 3,812 yards as a Bear.

The Bears wreck quarterbacks so thoroughly they are incapable of rebounding or becoming anything other than backups.

If the Bears had drafted Mahomes, Mahomes would never have been the Mahomes we know.

It hasn’t been the quarterbacks, it’s been the franchise.

It's mainly because they typically have focused on defensive head coaches all these years, besides the short stints from Trestman and Nagy. They keep trying to go old school and focus on defense.

If you don't have a strong offensive coordinator to go with those defensive head coaches, you are going to struggle like the Bears have been for all these years.

Edited by Eternal