Week 14: MNF Packers @ Giants Leadup - Beware A Trap Game Or Surprise Fight

LLcheesehead12

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Of course they would have helped but we moved the ball well enough, but made dumb mistakes including turnovers to give NY enough of an opening to win it. Giants are not a good team but they were at home after a bye and played well enough in key situations.  We left a lot out there on the table in this one, whole team loss.  I still think we are in a position to get to the postseason but playing as dumb as we did won’t cut it.  

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

Of course they would have helped but we moved the ball well enough, but made dumb mistakes including turnovers to give NY enough of an opening to win it. Giants are not a good team but they were at home after a bye and played well enough in key situations.  We left a lot out there on the table in this one, whole team loss.  I still think we are in a position to get to the postseason but playing as dumb as we did won’t cut it.  

I've actually been pleasantly surprised with how well Kraft has merged into the passing game....but I agree with the general comment....at this point, Musgrave and Watson are / or can be our movers and shakers.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

The Packers have been gifted playing against teams without an actual NFL caliber QB for a stunning amount of times this year... Hilariously enough they've lost more often than not against them. 

There are a lot of teams this year with bad QB's.  There is no avoiding playing a bunch of them.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

It's been around for a long, long time and generally means the team played like **** - had a chance to win (for reasons not of their own making) - and while it would have been nice to win - they didnt deserve it based on their level of play. It's not a difficult concept.

Stupid things aren't difficult. This is another example.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I've actually been pleasantly surprised with how well Kraft has merged into the passing game....but I agree with the general comment....at this point, Musgrave and Watson are / or can be our movers and shakers.

I'm really liking Kraft, too.    Both he and Musgrave have exceeded my rookie TE expectations.  Kraft may be the one to break the 3rd round curse first.  Rhyan will be the second.  :)

And...I agree completely about Musgrave and Watson as the primary "threats".

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm really liking Kraft, too.    Both he and Musgrave have exceeded my rookie TE expectations.  Kraft may be the one to break the 3rd round curse first.  Rhyan will be the second.  :)

And...I agree completely about Musgrave and Watson as the primary "threats".

Yeah....when our offense stabilizes....I suspect Musgrave will prove to be a valuable weapon in the passing game - right up there with the Kincaids, Laportas, Hockensons etc....but christ, we've got to get healthy for more than a game or two. We've just been at odds & ends on offense. OL instability / Love instability / cant consistently field an array of offensive weapons.

1 hour ago, Laces Out said:

The Packers have been gifted playing against teams without an actual NFL caliber QB for a stunning amount of times this year... Hilariously enough they've lost more often than not against them. 

Joe Barry Defense .. he's got to go.  They make mediocre and backup QB's look like all stars far too often.  Can't stop the run more most weeks.  They play off coverage when games are on the line.  It's pathetic.  Joe Barry might be the least situationally aware DC in the game .. his past track record and his time in GB has proven that out.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Neither team did enough to "deserve" a win, but GB had Barry as the DC with the game on the line, so...

Disagree .. Tommy Devito made big throws and runs in critical situations, and the Packers played subpar in every single phase of the game.  Their Oline shut us out of the sack department after allowing 69 sacks this year.  Their D confused and unsettled Jordan Love for a majority of the game.  Their coaching was superior to ours as well.  The Packers had to play terrible football to lose this one, so to say it was a deserving loss is definitely not a stretch

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 2