Week 15 GDT: Everyone Sucks. Everything Sucks. Life is Random Chaos. Who is Good in the Draft?

EaglesPeteC

Just now, CasperX22 said:

Sirianni put together a really good initial staff.  There's a reason it's so hard to get back to the Super Bowl because all the good assistants get picked clean.  Steichen hurts the most obviously.  Gannon isn't as huge of a loss, but they couldn't have picked 2 worse candidates to replace their coordinators.

Steichen is clearly very good at what he does. Nick is a leader in the locker room basically and is a players coach, his aggressiveness is great, and he is typically very good situationally but he brings nothing from a scheme/playcalling standpoint. Ultimately you want a McVay/Shannahan/McDaniel/Stechien. You want the innovation on offense and Nick ain't that. Not even close. 

30 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So.... we ran Steichen's offense last year.... and now we are running Siranni's? Cause it is clear as day this offense doesn't resemble last years at all.

Siranni has his say I am sure. This is BJ's offense though. No question.

This post makes no sense the more I read it. 

2 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Yeah I think Steichen had significantly more freedom to call the plays he wanted to call. This offense looks exactly like the first 6 weeks of 2021. I am not the only person to point this out. Give BJ complete control and that way we can see who the problem is. If BJ is limited to certain play calls then he's being handicapped and we can't get a quality assessment of him in that case. 

There is absolutely zero evidence that BJ is being handicapped or lacks control in the offense. Like none. Yes Siranni is involved in the offense. He absolutely takes blame when it falters. That said there is pretty much one single difference in the offense from 2022 to 2023. The OC. Cherry picking that last year the offense was great because Steichen got to do what he wanted and then turning around and saying this offense is Siranni's is ridiculous. I guarantee the dynamics in the offensive room are essentially the exact same as last years... because why wouldn't they be? It is the same coach and the same team.

Blaming Sirianni when the offense is bad and giving credit to the OC when it is good is just scapegoating. At least I am willing to just point to the playcaller and give them credit for the calls on the field regardless of the outcome.

13 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Steichen is clearly very good at what he does. Nick is a leader in the locker room basically and is a players coach, his aggressiveness is great, and he is typically very good situationally but he brings nothing from a scheme/playcalling standpoint. Ultimately you want a McVay/Shannahan/McDaniel/Stechien. You want the innovation on offense and Nick ain't that. Not even close. 

He just has to hire better going forward. Not everyone is going to be great at everything and those other coaches have faults that are just different than Siranni's. He needs to bring in OC's that can build a proper offense not this college scheme. 

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

There is absolutely zero evidence that BJ is being handicapped or lacks control in the offense. Like none. Yes Siranni is involved in the offense. He absolutely takes blame when it falters. That said there is pretty much one single difference in the offense from 2022 to 2023. The OC. Cherry picking that last year the offense was great because Steichen got to do what he wanted and then turning around and saying this offense is Siranni's is ridiculous. I guarantee the dynamics in the offensive room are essentially the exact same as last years... because why wouldn't they be? It is the same coach and the same team.

Blaming Sirianni when the offense is bad and giving credit to the OC when it is good is just scapegoating. At least I am willing to just point to the playcaller and give them credit for the calls on the field regardless of the outcome.

No evidence except for Spadaro coming out and directly saying it Sirianni's offense and BJ gets to choose from a handful of plays. No evidence except this offense looking eerily similar to 2021. It just seems like your afraid to even think it's possiblity Sirianni. It's much easier to say Brian Johnson is the be all end all cause of the Eagles offensive woes because the prospect of Sirianni being the issue is much more daunting.  Who's insight should I trust Dave Spadaro or the guy who thought Desai was a good DC up until two weeks ago. 🤔

1 minute ago, Folesadelphia said:

No evidence except for Spadaro coming out and directly saying it Sirianni's offense and BJ gets to choose from a handful of plays. No evidence except this offense looking eerily similar to 2021. It just seems like your afraid to even think it's possiblity Sirianni. It's much easier to say Brian Johnson is the be all end all cause of the Eagles offensive woes because the prospect of Sirianni being the issue is much more daunting.  Who's insight should I trust Dave Spadaro or the guy who thought Desai was a good DC up until two weeks ago. 🤔

Ya now link me to your god and savior Dave Spadaro saying that Siranni has completely changed the offensive room's dynamics from last year to this years. Link me a shred of evidence that everything that you said wasn't true last season as well then we can talk.

I'll be waiting.

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya now link me to your god and savior Dave Spadaro saying that Siranni has completely changed the offensive room's dynamics from last year to this years. Link me a shred of evidence that everything that you said wasn't true last season as well then we can talk.

I'll be waiting.

Go find the AMA. I'm not looking it up for you because you are lazy and have lazy opinions. You're right you know more about than Dave Spadaro, obviously. I obviously think he's God because I referenced what he said in AMA. How dare I suggest Sirianni may be at fault for this teams shortcomings. Is Sirianni your sugar daddy or something?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Go find the AMA. I'm not looking it up for you because you are lazy and have lazy opinions. You're right you know more about than Dave Spadaro, obviously. I obviously think he's God because I referenced what he said in AMA. How dare I suggest Sirianni may be at fault for this teams shortcomings. Is Sirianni your sugar daddy or something?

You have a severe lack of understanding or what?

Link me a shred of evidence that everything Spadaro said wasn't true last year. It's Siranni's offense this year? Why wasn't it last year? Explain with some sources please and thank you.

Oh and also as I said earlier Siranni absolutely takes blame for the offensive struggles. @Folesadelphia No one is blameless in this. But the idea the BJ is somehow not being given the ability to run the offense the way he wants to absolutely laughable. I'll be waiting for that evidence.

And no, Siranni isn't my sugar daddy. I am just not interested in playing along with your scapegoat. The logic is extremely simple. When Siranni called plays the offense was bad. When Steichen called plays the offense was good. When BJ calls plays the offense is bad. Understand?

34 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You have a severe lack of understanding or what?

Link me a shred of evidence that everything Spadaro said wasn't true last year. It's Siranni's offense this year? Why wasn't it last year? Explain with some sources please and thank you.

First of all, what I initially suggested was the possibility that Sirianni was more involved this year based off of the report from Spadaro and that maybe his micromanaging is more to blame for the offensive woes.. The similarities between how the offense looks now and how it did in the start of 2021 has been suggested by others. The fact the offense looked completely different and superior when Steichen took over and now looks again how it did in 2021 would suggest that Sirianni's role in the offense is the constant. I would also suggest that considering Brian Johnson had less experience, the idea that Sirianni wanted to micromanage more of the offense is more probable than not.  All I was suggesting is that Sirianni= bad play caller, Steichen = good play caller, the possibility  that Brian Johnson(with micromanagement by Sirianni) = bad play caller, Brian Johnson (given complete control) = possibly good, possibly bad? Can't say for certain at the moment.  You correct that I am inferring some of this, as I am not trying to say it's definitely Sirianni just that it's possible and that that possible reality is a harder one for people to accept and why you were so upset about the mere mention of it.  Sirianni needs to either start calling the plays or give BJ the full responsibilities, in my opinion. You are correct that it's possible that this arrangement with Johnson is the same as it was Steichen but to me it seems more likely that it is not. It's certainly not ridiculous to suggest what I've suggested as a possibility.

4 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

First of all, what I initially suggested was the possibility that Sirianni was more involved this year based off of the report from Spadaro and that maybe his micromanaging is more to blame for the offensive woes.. The similarities between how the offense looks now and how it did in the start of 2021 has been suggested by others. The fact the offense looked completely different and superior when Steichen took over and now looks again how it did in 2021 would suggest that Sirianni's role in the offense is the constant. I would also suggest that considering Brian Johnson had less experience, the idea that Sirianni wanted to micromanage more of the offense is more probable than not.  All I was suggesting is that Sirianni= bad play caller, Steichen = good play caller, the possibility  that Brian Johnson(with micromanagement by Sirianni) = bad play caller, Brian Johnson (given complete control) = possibly good, possibly bad? Can't say for certain at the moment.  You correct that I am inferring some of this, as I am not trying to say it's definitely Sirianni just that it's possible and that that possible reality is a harder one for people to accept and why you were so upset about the mere mention of it.  Sirianni needs to either start calling the plays or give BJ the full responsibilities, in my opinion. You are correct that it's possible that this arrangement with Johnson is the same as it was Steichen but to me it seems more likely that it is not. It's certainly not ridiculous to suggest what I've suggested as a possibility.

Sure anything is possible. It’s possible Sirianni is falling asleep in offensive meetings and is completely useless outside of yelling on the sideline too. The point is no one has a clue what is going on in that building outside of the people inside it. 

Yes Sirianni bears a large part of the blame in not only the offensive struggles but the defensive ones. He put this staff together regardless of responsibility. I don’t care what Sirianni is doing if the offense works. It hasn’t. Same with the defense. At the very least Sirianni is entirely to blame for the staff with Howie and Lurie also. They hired Steichen and it worked. BJ hasn’t. 

They need to ride this season out with BJ and if it isn’t fixed come playoff time he needs to be let go after the season and they need to bring in someone who will make the offense good enough again. I don’t care who does what. I don’t care if Sirianni is running the offense or not. I only care about the offense working. The talent level is too good for this crap.