Week 15 GDT: Everyone Sucks. Everything Sucks. Life is Random Chaos. Who is Good in the Draft?

EaglesPeteC

I also don't care to hear from Hurts about how the team isn't committed enough.  Right, we know you aren't.  Hurts play has been flat out embarrassing, the defense is embarrassing, the soap opera with Desai being stripped of his job mid-week after Sirianni endorsed him early in the week...this is starting to feel like Chip Kelly/Howie Howie/Doug/Wentz all over again.

• Like 3

Haha some of you guys act like we aren’t already clinched in the playoffs. It’s hard to make the playoffs any year so just enjoy these last few games and gear the hell up for the wildcard round where we are hopefully hosting a home game. Nothing like playoff football and at least we get to partake. Yes, I am not expecting much but the playoffs are the dang best and it stinks not being a part of it. Just gotta try to find some type of rhythm going into the WC round

1 minute ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Haha some of you guys act like we aren’t already clinched in the playoffs. It’s hard to make the playoffs any year so just enjoy these last few games and gear the hell up for the wildcard round where we are hopefully hosting a home game. Nothing like playoff football and at least we get to partake. Yes, I am not expecting much but the playoffs are the dang best and it stinks not being a part of it. Just gotta try to find some type of rhythm going into the WC round

Yeah. Rhythm...thats what we need.

20 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

The expectations for this team are/were far higher than playing on wildcard weekend. This team is committing malpractice in front of our eyes. Applauding this team for simply making the playoffs is laughable, especially in the fashion in which they've achieved that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

The expectations for this team are/were far higher than playing on wildcard weekend. This team is committing malpractice in front of our eyes. Applauding this team for simply making the playoffs is laughable, especially in the fashion in which they've achieved that.

Some people just dont get it, and some people didnt get it during this offseason. This league and this team is about winning superbowls. We dont want participation trophies or gold star stickers saying congrats for an entertaining 10 win season and 1st round playoff exit. A few members on these forums like @downundermike and @Broadway Joe have tried to express this notion repeatedly and got attacked for exposing the weaknesses of this team that were glaring since we lost the superbowl last year. And this isnt a post directed at you specifically. This season should be used as a lesson and teach these Eagles "fans" what the true end goal is and to get to that end goal it requires a strict criticism from the top, down.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Some people just dont get it, and some people didnt get it during this offseason. This league and this team is about winning superbowls. We dont want participation trophies or gold star stickers saying congrats for an entertaining 10 win season and 1st round playoff exit. A few members on these forums like @downundermike and @Broadway Joe have tried to express this notion repeatedly and got attacked for exposing the weaknesses of this team that were glaring since we lost the superbowl last year. And this isnt a post directed at you specifically. This season should be used as a lesson and teach these Eagles "fans" what the true end goal is and to get to that end goal it requires a strict criticism from the top, down.

I mean, obviously @Broadway Joe and I were way off on our criticism.  Eagles showed us all how wrong we were last night.......................................................oh wait, that's right, they are who we thought they are.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Players getting chippy with fans, complaining about commitment and coaching.

This will not end well.

Yep, already lost as soon as you get into it.

I get interjecting with stuff that’s over the top (death threats, going after family). But none of it has been over the line, it’s just criticizing what happening on the field.

Its sad how testy a lot of them have been.

2 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

I see no reason of being satisfied with less than a super bowl victory outside of an obvious rebuilding year with a team full of young players.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I see no reason of being satisfied with less than a super bowl victory outside of an obvious rebuilding year with a team full of young players.

Agreed.  That was my expectation from day 1, and all I have done is point out the flaws that are going to stop that from happening.

I notice the rah rah cheerleader crowd is mighty quite today.

Just now, downundermike said:

Agreed.  That was my expectation from day 1, and all I have done is point out the flaws that are going to stop that from happening.

I notice the rah rah cheerleader crowd is mighty quite today.

Don't get me wrong I like being in that cheerleader crowd. I ******* love it actually. But from the start gates, to the point of the track we're at now, this team has been consistent in it's warts and downfalls. These things are finally starting to cost them games, when earlier in the season, they got lucky and I was willing to believe that they just "know how to win". That total bullshi* narrative has now been put to rest.

• Like 1