Week 15 GDT: Everyone Sucks. Everything Sucks. Life is Random Chaos. Who is Good in the Draft?

EaglesPeteC

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It would be easier to be around if you guys weren't absolutely insufferable.

Like yes losing to Seattle was bad. But that gives the green light for all the doomer posting to go on and responding to it with anything but absolute agreement is met with more doomer and dismay. The way a lot of you post it legitimately seems like you get no enjoyment out of watching the games.... even when they are winning you just only want to harp on the negatives and complain.

That said there is a group of posters who have a massive increase in post count the second anything goes wrong so.. two sides of the same coin I guess.

That is the standard copout response from the rah rah crowd.  

Just now, downundermike said:

That is the standard copout response from the rah rah crowd.  

What are you even talking about? 

The entire point of my post is that reading what you and others post is insufferable and nothing else. You might think that because the Eagles are now struggling you are a clairvoyant, but the reality is you are just a depressed fan posting depressed opinions.

That isn't realism no matter how you and others try to paint it that way.

@Daimonas @AZ_Eaglesfan

I'm quite surprised to be considered hyper focused on being critical when I have given plenty of praise and have yet to call out either of the coordinators, HC or QB. Given this year, that is borderline homeristic on my part. 

We are called insufferable and difficult to engage with, Hell, I'm way more civil than the "optimistic" guys. But if we're indeed reverse Nabbs, then that should be okay too. But for some reason being full Nabbs it is okay here, which has always been my gripe on this site, with posters than are not full on optimists are always thought of as less knowledgeable like in the Gothman and FlyinDawkins days. Yet we mock guys like Matts and NoFlyZone, but it is okay for our guys to be the same way only green. 

The reason I'm considered hyper focused on being critical is because people in here act way too much alike. We should be able to call out bad things when things/players/coaches/GM are doing bad, and we should be able to call out good thing when things/players/coaches/GM are doing bad. 

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

@Daimonas @AZ_Eaglesfan

I'm quite surprised to be considered hyper focused on being critical when I have given plenty of praise and have yet to call out either of the coordinators, HC or QB. Given this year, that is borderline homeristic on my part. 

We are called insufferable and difficult to engage with, Hell, I'm way more civil than the "optimistic" guys. But if we're indeed reverse Nabbs, then that should be okay too. But for some reason being full Nabbs it is okay here, which has always been my gripe on this site, with posters than are not full on optimists are always thought of as less knowledgeable like in the Gothman and FlyinDawkins days. Yet we mock guys like Matts and NoFlyZone, but it is okay for our guys to be the same way only green. 

The reason I'm considered hyper focused on being critical is because people in here act way too much alike. We should be able to call out bad things when things/players/coaches/GM are doing bad, and we should be able to call out good thing when things/players/coaches/GM are doing bad. 

You say you have given plenty of praise? Well I have handed out plenty of criticism and so have many others. Acting like it is three people trying to be objective and critical while the rest of the forum is filled with blind optimism is not reality. Sorry. 

It is much easier to laugh off Nabbs overly enthusiastic takes than it is pure doomerism(unless it is Ninja because he is both the biggest homer and doomer all in one). Unfortunately, that is just how psychology works. I can look at a post that is overly positive and look past it much easier than coming here and seeing, "The Season is Over". 

Everyone has their own bias. Everyone has the right to their own opinion. But I mean just go back and read the past few pages of this thread. What is being said now is akin to a poster essentially guaranteeing the Eagles would be back in the SB a month ago. Sure I don't think as things stand now the Eagles have any shot of making the SB. I am not delusional. The Niners are a powerhouse and the Eagles are playing terribly. That said I am not going to just throw in the towel on the year when we are literally guaranteed a spot in the dance. 

But as others have stated the race to being right is popular around these parts. It is what it is I used to be that way as well.

26 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

@Daimonas @AZ_Eaglesfan

It *is* okay. No one here complained much when ninja or jeezla would have their random tirades of complete doomerism. 

I'd just rather you guys realize what you are instead of having this high horse looking down on anyone trying to shed some positivity.

There's a difference between being just a doomer and being a doomer that's absolutely desperate to make everyone else around you a doomer.

10 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

Think this year actually proved that "How you win" matters quite a lot. The Eagles won a lot of their games off of pure luck rather than playing well and out classing their opponents. Throughout the year the team themselves said "Wait until we put a full game together." All it took was one or two beat downs from better opponents where they couldnt use excuses after the game for something to look forward to. This team grew no confidence throughout the season BECAUSE of how they played in their wins. We have seen the players on the sidelines frustrated all year long because even they knew it wasnt working out. How you play and how you win matters in this league. The only time the "Just win baby" saying should be said is during the playoffs when its win or go home. The team needs to see themselves win convincingly to gain confidence in themselves and the coaches.

This. We have seen teams stack wins  while everyone still knew they were not actually good. I feel there is that ONE team every season. The most recent ones being the Cardinals, Vikings and Steelers. They all crashed and burned hard and we all saw it coming.

I am not saying the Eagles are that bad but the concerns have been there all season. Yes good teams have bad games. It is the NFL. But how you respond says a lot. You lose badly one week and come out strong the next... the narrative changes. No one cares that the 49ers dropped three games. They been dominating since. 

The Eagles don't have that because they collapsing in December and their next three opponents aren't good, so people will still have many doubts.

5 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

It *is* okay. No one here complained much when ninja or jeezla would have their random tirades of complete doomerism. 

I'd just rather you guys realize what you are instead of having this high horse looking down on anyone trying to shed some positivity.

There's a difference between being just a doomer and being a doomer that's absolutely desperate to make everyone else around you a doomer.

It is pretty much the same thing that was going in the off-season and a month ago, but now the roles are reversed. 

18 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You say you have given plenty of praise? Well I have handed out plenty of criticism and so have many others. Acting like it is three people trying to be objective and critical while the rest of the forum is filled with blind optimism is not reality. Sorry. 

It is much easier to laugh off Nabbs overly enthusiastic takes than it is pure doomerism(unless it is Ninja because he is both the biggest homer and doomer all in one). Unfortunately, that is just how psychology works. I can look at a post that is overly positive and look past it much easier than coming here and seeing, "The Season is Over". 

Everyone has their own bias. Everyone has the right to their own opinion. But I mean just go back and read the past few pages of this thread. What is being said now is akin to a poster essentially guaranteeing the Eagles would be back in the SB a month ago. Sure I don't think as things stand now the Eagles have any shot of making the SB. I am not delusional. The Niners are a powerhouse and the Eagles are playing terribly. That said I am not going to just throw in the towel on the year when we are literally guaranteed a spot in the dance. 

But as others have stated the race to being right is popular around these parts. It is what it is I used to be that way as well.

I think it would be easier to look past Nabbs posts if we didn't as a forum clown the rival fans that are the same way, otherwise we're just hypocrites. 

What you say in the bolded paragraph, I agree and that's what I've been saying. People now go "season over", "can't wait for it to end" and whatnot, because the issues are only accepted in here when sh*t has hit the fan. But yeah I feel exactly the same as you do as we stand right now. 

7 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

I'm not sure I can entirely agree with that. Plenty of us came into the season optimistic but with concerns.

Based on the record predictions thread in which predicting 11 wins was considered too pessimistic and how apparently it was ridiculous to call it "a rebuilding year for the defense". I'd say those "concerns" were very minor.

• Like 1