Week 15 GDT: Everyone Sucks. Everything Sucks. Life is Random Chaos. Who is Good in the Draft?

EaglesPeteC

41 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I said in the off-season we were going to have a problem with injuries this year, because the roster is old and how lucky we were last season to have all 22 players in the SB and I got  the "you can't predict that!" "you're pessimistic/critical/hater" usual reply. Yes you can predict injuries and yes, things revert back to the mean. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Anyone who thinks this team has a shot at winning the superbowl is clearly dreaming while being a homer, and out of touch with reality.

Anyone saying the season is over at week 15 is clearly being an extreme pessimistic and a Debbie downer and out of touch with reality. 

Every “good” team had its struggles this year. All of them. That’s what’s the NFL promotes. Parody. We’re not above some down play, clearly. As is the case for every NFL team damn near every NFL season. 

8 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Anyone saying the season is over at week 15 is clearly being an extreme pessimistic and a Debbie downer and out of touch with reality. 

Every “good” team had its struggles this year. All of them. That’s what’s the NFL promotes. Parody. We’re not above some down play, clearly. As is the case for every NFL team damn near every NFL season. 

Its anyone who has actually watched this team play every week, and not someone who just reads the play by play on espn.

8 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Not one person has said the season is over.  All we are pointing out are the flaws that are going to keep us from getting to the goal that was set at the beginning of the year, raising the Lombardi trophy.

26 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I do find it interesting for as fast as a team can collapse, people don't believe it's even possible they can right the ship just as quickly; unlikely or not.

Even with these last few weeks, the only team I think that the CURRENT eagles have absolutely 0 chance to beat is the 9ers. Would I favor the eagles against the cowboys/lions right now? Nope. Could absolutely see them pulling out a tremendously ugly win though.

A lot can change in the next three weeks. Could they get even worse? Sure. I'm going to lean on the side of optimism though because otherwise, what's the point of even tuning in if I hate the team and have no reason to believe they will ever do anything positive ever again this season?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not one person has said the season is over.  All we are pointing out are the flaws that are going to keep us from getting to the goal that was set at the beginning of the year, raising the Lombardi trophy.

56 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

The season is over my friend.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

I do find it interesting for as fast as a team can collapse, people don't believe it's even possible they can right the ship just as quickly; unlikely or not.

Even with these last few weeks, the only team I think that the CURRENT eagles have absolutely 0 chance to beat is the 9ers. Would I favor the eagles against the cowboys/lions right now? Nope. Could absolutely see them pulling out a tremendously ugly win though.

A lot can change in the next three weeks. Could they get even worse? Sure. I'm going to lean on the side of optimism though because otherwise, what's the point of even tuning in if I hate the team and have no reason to believe they will ever do anything positive ever again this season?

Completely reasonable. My thoughts almost exactly. 

I think people would just rather be doom and gloom so when they get let down, it’s easier to handle because they “expected it”. A self preservation tool. And if it goes well, then great! Who cares if I was negative, we won!  

45 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Its anyone who has actually watched this team play every week, and not someone who just reads the play by play on espn.

It hasn’t been pretty. Agreed. Im not a blind optimist. I see the issues. I don’t know why style points make you feel more comfortable though. In the end, it doesn’t matter. Just find a way. There’s been dozens of SB champions that haven’t been the best regular season team. And that detracts from them? No. Not at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

Anyone who thinks this team has a shot at winning the superbowl is clearly dreaming while being a homer, and out of touch with reality.

Eh, it doesn't look high

But to say there is zero shot in them getting there is a bit of doomerism.

I wouldn't bet on it, but it's not zero percent.

Ex. See December 2022, Pre-thanksgiving 2008, Post Wentz Injury 2017 for just the Eagles history.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

For what it's worth, the word is parity, not parody. Though this team has become a parody of a real football team lately. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

For what it's worth, the word is parity, not parody. Though this team has become a parody of a real football team lately. 

It’s not the first time I’ve used the wrong  version. Won’t be the last. It’s been a thorn in my side for years. 

And again, we’re no different than any other team. We’ve all struggled at points. 

"Doomerism" "Howie hater" "debbie downer" 

Some of us have been right about this team all year, including the offseason...and yet your ignorance still persists. We're trying to help you and teach you but you just dont want to accept it. Sad

Edited by UndyTaker

8 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s not the first time I’ve used the wrong  version. Won’t be the last. It’s been a thorn in my side for years. 

And again, we’re no different than any other team. We’ve all struggled at points. 

I Ve Heard It Both Ways GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1