Week 15 GDT: Everyone Sucks. Everything Sucks. Life is Random Chaos. Who is Good in the Draft?

EaglesPeteC

24 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

"Doomerism" "Howie hater" "debbie downer" 

Some of us have been right about this team all year, including the offseason...and yet your ignorance still persists. We're trying to help you and teach you but you just dont want to accept it. Sad

Tbh it might not come off as "doomerism" if it didn't seem like you guys care more about being right than you do about the eagles winning.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Some of us have been right about this team all year, including the offseason...and yet your ignorance still persists. We're trying to help you and teach you but you just dont want to accept it. Sad

What exactly makes you “right”? Every team struggles at times. All of them. That means the season is over? 

It’s not like I don’t see the issues. There are some for sure. How that equates to the season being over is dramatic and premature. I don’t need help or teachings, professor, if your diagnosis for the team is “it’s over”. It’s ridiculous. 

You’re an arrogant, pessimistic idealist. And I’m sad? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

This is hilarious

Can you guys share the google doc for what trends and history we are allowed to refer to or acknowledge?
My parents are gonna kill me if I fail the midterm.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

What exactly makes you “right”? Every team struggles at times. All of them. That means the season is over? 

It’s not like I don’t see the issues. There are some for sure. How that equates to the season being over is dramatic and premature. I don’t need help or teachings, professor, if your diagnosis for the team is “it’s over”. It’s ridiculous. 

You’re an arrogant, pessimistic idealist. And I’m sad? 

Love the “I hated everything first” victory lapping 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Daimonas said:

Tbh it might not come off as "doomerism" if it didn't seem like you guys care more about being right than you do about the eagles winning.

I think it is important to say that I for one, don't enjoy seeing the Eagles fail and these three weeks have me feeling miserable, I'd rather see the Eagles win despite their obvious, glaring and persistent flaws that I call every year, rather than seeing them fail because of said issues.

But we are saying "I told you so" because in here, people don't like seeing criticism or don't see the flaws until they have become the very reason the team fails or until it blows up in our faces. We kept getting called doomers, Howie haters, negative, etc. when in reality it should not be ignored just because the team finds a way to win, and I believe it is one of the main reasons it is difficult to sustain success under Howie's regime. 

We are not by any means celebrating the Eagles failing, but more like "told you this was going to happen".

16 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You guys might of wandered why I took a 48hr hiatus,  after that debacle. 

This is why.

It is important to be here when things don't go our way for better or worse. I get that it is more fun when they do, but otherwise we're no different than NoFlyZone. 

Edited by Broadway Joe
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think it is important to say that I for one, don't enjoy seeing the Eagles fail and these three weeks have me feeling miserable, I'd rather see the Eagles win despite their obvious, glaring and persistent flaws that I call every year, rather than seeing them fail because of said issues.

But we are saying "I told you so" because in here, people don't like seeing criticism or don't see the flaws until they have become the very reason the team fails or until it blows up in our faces. We kept getting called doomers, Howie haters, negative, etc. when in reality it should not be ignored just because the team finds a way to win, and I believe it is one of the main reasons it is difficult to sustain success under Howie's regime. 

We are not by any means celebrating the Eagles failing, but more like "told you this was going to happen".

It is important to be here when things don't go our way for better or worse. I get that it is more fun when they do, but otherwise we're no different than NoFlyZone. 

I also think it's important to note that it's okay to be critical of the team while also acknowledging them when they do well or show promise. I think you'll find that every poster in here that you're arguing is a blind homer have been critical of the team even when they were winning.

Mind you, I've largely avoided most of these senseless back and forth going on in the forums for quite awhile so I'm not going to sit here pretend what I'm saying is pure fact; which is why i generally lead whatever I say with "seems/I feel like" and the such.

That said, from what I've read from ones such as yourself is that you seem to hyper focus on being critical for the sake of being critical with little to zero acknowledgement of the positives of the team (obviously there's little positive to take away the last few weeks). That combined with doom-tinted glasses caused by the team being *** lately has some takes spoken around here with the foundation of pure negativity. Which is your right to do so.

My biggest issue with you guys isn't so much that you're being to mean to the poor old eagles players and coaches. It's that you act like you guys aren't just the other side of the Nabbs coin. Where he is near blind optimism, you guys are basically blind negativity. You guys are literally Nabbs if he were emo instead of the bubbly old man we all love.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

It would be easier to be around if you guys weren't absolutely insufferable.

Like yes losing to Seattle was bad. But that gives the green light for all the doomer posting to go on and responding to it with anything but absolute agreement is met with more doomer and dismay. The way a lot of you post it legitimately seems like you get no enjoyment out of watching the games.... even when they are winning you just only want to harp on the negatives and complain.

That said there is a group of posters who have a massive increase in post count the second anything goes wrong so.. two sides of the same coin I guess.

• Like 1