Week 15 GDT: Everyone Sucks. Everything Sucks. Life is Random Chaos. Who is Good in the Draft?

EaglesPeteC

4 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Don't get me wrong I like being in that cheerleader crowd. I ******* love it actually. But from the start gates, to the point of the track we're at now, this team has been consistent in it's warts and downfalls. These things are finally starting to cost them games, when earlier in the season, they got lucky and I was willing to believe that they just "know how to win". That total bullshi* narrative has now been put to rest.

I do think the close games blinded a few to the clear issues. A lot of luck went their way (penalties, dropped passes) that put them in positions to win. And they get credit for taking advantage of it ---- BUT when you look back at those games you saw the issues. But winning masks a lot. It has caught up to them.

It has been months now. Teams now know the competition much better. The habits are obvious. Can they overcome it? We shall see.

1 hour ago, ACO said:

I do think the close games blinded a few to the clear issues. A lot of luck went their way (penalties, dropped passes) that put them in positions to win. And they get credit for taking advantage of it ---- BUT when you look back at those games you saw the issues. But winning masks a lot. It has caught up to them.

It has been months now. Teams now know the competition much better. The habits are obvious. Can they overcome it? We shall see.

Whether they can overcome their issues will define their season. That's the theme of this season. I'm of the belief that the roster is too old, slow, and quite frankly bad at some spots that were perceived. Jalen is having a bad year and is possibly just flat out an "okay" quarterback. And also can't forget the coaching staff that isn't scheming or capitalizing on what talent we do have. There are just too many things to overcome. Big things.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

How you win means nothing except for comfort. Why get diluted into needing to win convincingly? Cowboys look like a good playoff team every year. Then….splat. Just line up and win. That’s all I want. 

Think this year actually proved that "How you win" matters quite a lot. The Eagles won a lot of their games off of pure luck rather than playing well and out classing their opponents. Throughout the year the team themselves said "Wait until we put a full game together." All it took was one or two beat downs from better opponents where they couldnt use excuses after the game for something to look forward to. This team grew no confidence throughout the season BECAUSE of how they played in their wins. We have seen the players on the sidelines frustrated all year long because even they knew it wasnt working out. How you play and how you win matters in this league. The only time the "Just win baby" saying should be said is during the playoffs when its win or go home. The team needs to see themselves win convincingly to gain confidence in themselves and the coaches.

Edited by UndyTaker
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Think this year actually proved that "How you win" matters quite a lot. The Eagles won a lot of their games off of pure luck rather than playing well and out classing their opponents. Throughout the year the team themselves said "Wait until we put a full game together." All it took was one or two beat downs from better opponents where they couldnt use excuses after the game for something to look forward to. This team grew no confidence throughout the season BECAUSE of how they played in their wins. We have seen the players on the sidelines frustrated all year long because even they knew it wasnt working out. How you play and how you win matters in this league. The only time the "Just win baby" saying should be said is during the playoffs when its win or go home. The team needs to see themselves win convincingly to gain confidence in themselves and the coaches.

Are we not going to the playoffs? 

44 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

100%.  We were two dropped passes from losing 5 straight, and a couple of lucky bounces against the Cowboys from losing 6 straight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

To do what?

As you said, the “just win baby” only should matter in the playoffs, if that’s your stance. And have we not won enough games to get into said playoff? Playoffs are always a grind it out affair, usually. For obvious reasons. Those teams are usually pretty good and given parody throughout, most games are decided by a handful of plays. 

If we played the cowboys 10 times this season, we win 4-6 times most likely. They’re two competent, competitive teams. In the NFL today, that’s the climate. You just have to get yourself into that top handful of teams. 

This notion that we HAVE to be head and shoulders above EVERYONE is nonsensical. It only matters to fans and it only serves to make you feel warm and comfortable. Which means absolutely nothing game to game. Especially, in the playoffs. 

Will anyone care if we win ugly in the payoffs? In 10 years, will you reflect on the season and say, “yea they won but, they didn’t really deserve to totally”? As if the team that lost the game, was deserved. It’s silly. You guys are being idealists in a world of variable and parody. It’s unreasonable. 

30 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

As you said, the “just win baby” only should matter in the playoffs, if that’s your stance. And have we not won enough games to get into said playoff? Playoffs are always a grind it out affair, usually. For obvious reasons. Those teams are usually pretty good and given parody throughout, most games are decided by a handful of plays. 

If we played the cowboys 10 times this season, we win 4-6 times most likely. They’re two competent, competitive teams. In the NFL today, that’s the climate. You just have to get yourself into that top handful of teams. 

This notion that we HAVE to be head and shoulders above EVERYONE is nonsensical. It only matters to fans and it only serves to make you feel warm and comfortable. Which means absolutely nothing game to game. Especially, in the playoffs. 

Will anyone care if we win ugly in the payoffs? In 10 years, will you reflect on the season and say, “yea they won but, they didn’t really deserve to totally”? As if the team that lost the game, was deserved. It’s silly. You guys are being idealists in a world of variable and parody. It’s unreasonable. 

Theres too much to say in responce about this post, but i'll sum it up. This team is not as competitive as you think. We arent as good as you think. This team does not believe in itself because they couldnt play well all season long weather on offense or defense or both in some games. They werent head and shoulders above anyone this season, even the bad teams that they should have been. They are going to lose in the playoffs early on and that is that. "Just win baby" applies to teams who actually CAN win, this team can not. The season is over my friend.

4 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Theres too much to say in responce about this post, but i'll sum it up. This team is not as competitive as you think. We arent as good as you think. This team does not believe in itself because they couldnt play well all season long weather on offense or defense or both in some games. They werent head and shoulders above anyone this season, even the bad teams that they should have been. They are going to lose in the playoffs early on and that is that. "Just win baby" applies to teams who actually CAN win, this team can not. The season is over my friend.

Ok, so I see we not dealing in rationale. You could have just said that and I would have moved on. 

• Like 1