GDT: Texans (7-6) at Titans (5-8) - Future Gunslinger Rivalry?

twotonebluenation

Let’s keep this party going.

Are we going to get the first Stroud vs Levis battle?

If so does Vrabel have more in the bag to disturb Stroud?

————

Stats to watch in this game

Houston is 5th in turnover differential we are 25th

We are starting to heat up in the last 3 games with our red zone TD conversion at 70%

We are number 1 in td conversion percentage allowed on defense. Houston is 18. Hopefully we can continue to confuse teams in the red zone. And make the best of our scoring opportunities.

Texans defense is bottom third in yards allowed so we should be able to get things going. Hopefully Levis can just protect the ball.

————

I got a feeling Stroud doesn’t play. Remember when Davis Mills cut us up with Amendola?

Aint happening. I got us winning 28-17.

we haven't won consecutive games since denver and green bay in november of last year, immediately before the collapse. as much as i don't love how it will affect our draft situation, building some momentum heading into next year and having our rookie QB learn how to stack wins is worth it. but given the mess the team's been this year i think it's a total coin flip as to whether we're able to do that, or whether we turn right back into a pumpkin against what will be a pretty feisty houston team that, despite being beat up heading into this week, still has some nice young talent.

Throw backs again...I can't wait to see this since I was on a cruise for the ATL game!!! But wait, I will be on vacation again so I will miss it live again...so hopefully Levis can go off like he did vs ATL. 

Us looking like a decent team, playing slightly above ourselves, with a team likely having their back up...typically that is a recipe for a loss. Hopefully the offense has som life early and doesn't wait until we are down so much the defense goes into prevent! 

8 hours ago, -Hope- said:

we haven't won consecutive games since denver and green bay in november of last year, immediately before the collapse. as much as i don't love how it will affect our draft situation, building some momentum heading into next year and having our rookie QB learn how to stack wins is worth it. but given the mess the team's been this year i think it's a total coin flip as to whether we're able to do that, or whether we turn right back into a pumpkin against what will be a pretty feisty houston team that, despite being beat up heading into this week, still has some nice young talent.

Went back and looked. 
Levis really should be like 5-2 as a starter. At the very least, we should be on a 3 game winning streak, if not for a missed FG and defensive backfield collapse. 

Wins should have been: Steelers, Colts to go with the Panthers, Dolphins and Falcons. 

As far as the momentum, I think it can be a real thing. Don't know how much of the roster will be the same, but for the key people, it should make for an inspired off-season.

44 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Went back and looked. 
Levis really should be like 5-2 as a starter. At the very least, we should be on a 3 game winning streak, if not for a missed FG and defensive backfield collapse. 

Wins should have been: Steelers, Colts to go with the Panthers, Dolphins and Falcons. 

As far as the momentum, I think it can be a real thing. Don't know how much of the roster will be the same, but for the key people, it should make for an inspired off-season.

I think especially for young players. Ending the year on a high note for guys like Chig, Spears, the left side of our OL and hopefully Burks and Phillips would be huge for the fanbase and the confidence of said players.

Like if Chig continues how he’s been recently to end the year, I think we’d feel way better about him being a key contributor next year in year two of Tim Kelly’s system. Or if Burks goes off these last four games, it’d be huge for his confidence. And while we’d still have questions about him, I think we’d feel more comfortable with him in our WR room next year.

So sorry, sounds improbable but I ain't giving up on the playoffs, just like last year, when we collapsed, you just never know.

Vikings beat Bengals

Chargers Vegas is kinda a whatever?

Lions to Beat Broncos

Colts Steelers?? Idk what helps us there?

Cowboys to beat Bills

Ravens to beat Jags

All this stuff happens and we can get on the outside door with a win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

So sorry, sounds improbable but I ain't giving up on the playoffs, just like last year, when we collapsed, you just never know.

Vikings beat Bengals

Chargers Vegas is kinda a whatever?

Lions to Beat Broncos

Colts Steelers?? Idk what helps us there?

Cowboys to beat Bills

Ravens to beat Jags

All this stuff happens and we can get on the outside door with a win.

We could make the year more interesting if we win out. 
But yeah, slim chances. 

It was also unlikely to win that game Monday. lol

I'll stick with what I said earlier in the season. we are an 8–9-win team. 

6 hours ago, KingTitan said:

We could make the year more interesting if we win out. 
But yeah, slim chances. 

It was also unlikely to win that game Monday. lol

I'll stick with what I said earlier in the season. we are an 8–9-win team. 

Yeah, think it'll be like Vince Young's rookie year.

And almost everything will go right for us to get in at the last second, just like then.

Then we'll get flexed to the Sunday Night game last week of the season, then blow it after winning 4 in a row. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

This game is y’all’s for the taking. We barely have a roster to bring to Tennessee this weekend. 

We've been living that nightmare consistently for the last 3 seasons. lol

Chicago faces 2024 budget shortfall of $538 million — more than a third ...

We will savor and enjoy it all the same if we win.  
We will feel all the same disappointment we normally feel in this situation if we lose. 

14 hours ago, Kookie23 said:

Yeah, think it'll be like Vince Young's rookie year.

And almost everything will go right for us to get in at the last second, just like then.

Then we'll get flexed to the Sunday Night game last week of the season, then blow it after winning 4 in a row. lol

I don't think I've felt sports pain like that ever.

We needed like 5 games to go our way and all we had to do was beat a Patriots team with nothing to play for. ...disgusting.  lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I don't think I've felt sports pain like that ever.

We needed like 5 games to go our way and all we had to do was beat a Patriots team with nothing to play for. ...disgusting.  lol

it's funny how we all remember that sunday like it was yesterday. EVERY other game went our way

BB just decided to curb stomp us

• Like 1