GDT: Texans (7-6) at Titans (5-8) - Future Gunslinger Rivalry?

twotonebluenation

39 minutes ago, ShinobiMusashi said:

I heard the Ravens were breaking out their Browns throwbacks for the next time they play the Browns, it's going to be Browns vs Browns home unis vs away unis. Tennessee wearing Oilers uniforms is like the 2014 Robocop remake today on the field. This is the reason why ya'll shouldn't be able to wear our ****: 

[img]apywgJg.png[/img]

I'm confused? Did we change our name for todays game? 

Back to the game, such a disappointing game for the offense. I thought we were gaining some momentum there after the past couple of games, and that came to a complete halt today. The OL was dreadful all around, pass and run blocking. This was without a doubt Skoronski’s worst game as a pro. I also think this was one of DHop’s worst game here. Playcalling wasn’t great either imo. Add to the fact Levis is hurt (I’m so glad it wasn’t worse because the way he got folded was gnarly), and this was overall just an ugly performance. But hey, at least we had a Treylon Burks sighting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Back to the game, such a disappointing game for the offense. I thought we were gaining some momentum there after the past couple of games, and that came to a complete halt today. The OL was dreadful all around, pass and run blocking. This was without a doubt Skoronski’s worst game as a pro. I also think this was one of DHop’s worst game here. Playcalling wasn’t great either imo. Add to the fact Levis is hurt (I’m so glad it wasn’t worse because the way he got folded was gnarly), and this was overall just an ugly performance. But hey, at least we had a Treylon Burks sighting.

Hopkins normally comes down with at least one of those bombs and he didn't get any. That is disappointing. 

Skoronski normally doesn't get owned like that repeatedly and he had a terrible game. 

The run game has gone on the back of a milk carton. 

34 rushes for 43 yards for Henry the last two weeks. Embarrassing. 

And I still think Burks has it in him. Need a good stretch of health and he can be something for us. 

Edited by KingTitan

10 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Some of you guys are very entitled if you think this way. If this kinda season affects you like that you probably shouldn't watch unless we're winning. I waited 20 years to see my favorite baseball team make the playoffs. This is the first year we've been "bad" in quite a while.

The most emotional, reactionary poster on this forum calling anyone entitled here is hilarious. 

How trash is DHop, our best receiver, again?

10 hours ago, lovetitans said:

I'm confused? Did we change our name for todays game? 

I think ya'll could learn a lot from the Ravens, 2 Super Bowl wins they never looked back to those old Browns uniforms and were able to achieve glory twice. I was jealous of the Titans in 99 when ya'll changed, those uniforms were pretty bad *** and ya'll were super popular here in East Texas back then 99-2000 probably more people loved ya'll than they did the Cowboys here. Why ya'll darkened your colors recently is beyond me and wearing the columbia blue pants with that new darker blue looks hideous. The Oilers uniforms and name will forever have the stench of negative energy from Bud Adams, a truly terrible human being. Ya'll can have them, I've always preferred the state flag colors/design of the Texans. But it's just always rubbed me the wrong way how ya'll double back on the Oilers stuff after you threw it in the garbage just because we got a team back. 

Ray Lewis ******* ya'll up in 2000 is what got me back to watching football again. Luv Ya Blue was pure Houston deal nobody in ya'lls state was saying that **** in 97-98 when you had the Oilers is what gets me about the whole deal. Was super jealous seeing ya'll wear the stuff with Hopkins vs Atlanta, so beating ya'll with backups and eliminating you from playoffs was sweet, in your own stadium in front of a bunch of apathetic fans no less, big win 27 years in the making

Edited by ShinobiMusashi

55 minutes ago, ShinobiMusashi said:

I think ya'll could learn a lot from the Ravens, 2 Super Bowl wins they never looked back to those old Browns uniforms and were able to achieve glory twice. I was jealous of the Titans in 99 when ya'll changed, those uniforms were pretty bad *** and ya'll were super popular here in East Texas back then 99-2000 probably more people loved ya'll than they did the Cowboys here. Why ya'll darkened your colors recently is beyond me and wearing the columbia blue pants with that new darker blue looks hideous. The Oilers uniforms and name will forever have the stench of negative energy from Bud Adams, a truly terrible human being. Ya'll can have them, I've always preferred the state flag colors/design of the Texans. But it's just always rubbed me the wrong way how ya'll double back on the Oilers stuff after you threw it in the garbage just because we got a team back. 

Ray Lewis ******* ya'll up in 2000 is what got me back to watching football again. Luv Ya Blue was pure Houston deal nobody in ya'lls state was saying that **** in 97-98 when you had the Oilers is what gets me about the whole deal. Was super jealous seeing ya'll wear the stuff with Hopkins vs Atlanta, so beating ya'll with backups and eliminating you from playoffs was sweet, in your own stadium in front of a bunch of apathetic fans no less, big win 27 years in the making

Awww him in his feelings over a uniform sounds like you been holding this in for how long 😮‍💨 poor guy suffering from trauma. You went on a rant to tell us about our organization, thanks Dr phil. You so press that we own the oilers logo & uniforms, but all the city of Houston had to do was build a football stadium & y’all would still have the uniforms & the original Hou team. 27 years in the making & we’re still on y’all mind, haven’t came close to sniffing a SB I can’t even recall if y’all made an AFC championship 😩. & you happy y’all eliminated us from the playoffs. Yeah sounds like this was y’all SB hats off someone give him a happy meal & dildo to go f^ck himself 

Edited by TitanRedd

33 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Should have never responded to that guy. Just ignore him.

Naw, see that’s the problem if anything we come together & let him have it. Yeah we argue with 1 another on this site & take shots at 1 another but we share the same love for the titans. We don’t tolerate disrespect from outsiders 

It's wild how much a uniform and "official team history" means to some people.

@ShinobiMusashi

There's nothing stopping any Texans fan, or any old Oiler fan who switched teams when the Oilers moved, from still celebrating the likes of Earl Campbell, Warren Moon, Ken Houston, or any of the other greats in Oilers history.

Want a CJ Stroud or Will Anderson Oilers jersey? https://www.nflshop.com/tennessee-titans/mens-tennessee-titans-nike-light-blue-oilers-throwback-custom-game-jersey/t-25931613+p-6179632492442+z-9-1938038711?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r1c0:po-3

There you go. Just put Stroud or Anderson as the name and put their numbers in. Don't think there's a single thing on there that signifies it's Tennessee.

Most of all though, I really don't get going in to a forum and trying to talk to Titans fans about how upset you are that Bud Adams chose to keep the team's history and uniforms with the franchise.

What exactly would you like us to do about that?

I've got a better place for you to send your comments and criticisms. You can either write a letter or give a phone call to Titans headquarters. I'm sure Amy will get back to you immediately:

Titans Headquarters

Ascension Saint Thomas Sports Park
460 Great Circle Road
Nashville, TN 37228

Phone: 615-565-4000

Otherwise, if you want to come respectfully discuss the actual football game here with us you're more than welcome. This weird quasi-trolling stuff about something literally no one reading this message board has anything to do with is senseless though, and I don't want to see anymore of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Naw, see that’s the problem if anything we come together & let him have it. Yeah we argue with 1 another on this site & take shots at 1 another but we share the same love for the titans. We don’t tolerate disrespect from outsiders 

You're just giving him what he wants. You'd really irritate and annoy him by ignoring him. You responding won't stop him from being disrespectful.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Otherwise, if you want to come respectfully discuss the actual football game here with us you're more than welcome. This weird quasi-trolling stuff about something literally no one reading this message board has anything to do with is senseless though, and I don't want to see anymore of it.

leonardo-dicaprio-clapping.gif

I don't think anyone in the AFC South should be feel overly great, but is a matter of perspective. 

We should be a game out of 1st place if we hit two XP's. We'd be tied with the Texans and Colts at 7-7. 
Jags are going backwards and can't overtake the division. 

Texans and Colts should probably feel pretty good since maybe they are ahead of schedule, but not really. Texans have been building that roster for the last few years with top draft picks. Got a good coach with a direction along with a good OC. Things finally clicked.

Colts have a good OL that rebounded from last year, with the new direction of a HC. Team was a 6-7-win team. but now with direction are about a 9-10 win team. 

Nobody outside of this forum thought we'd be any good or even competitive. Step away from the emotion of seeing every bad play and ever bad call, we have lost 6 games by one score or less. Each one of those games we can point to specific moments that lost us the games where we normally would have won.

1st Colts game, unusually bad run defense.
2nd Colts game, historically bad Special Teams- 2 block kicks and missed XP.
Steelers game- bad DB play(Fulton)
Saints game- bad DB play(Fulton)- Bad Tannehill.
Texans- missed XP, Bad
Ravens- Lost Tannehill, Willis was horrible, failure in redzone. 

Every team can do the same, but this is our story. 
Would that have masked bigger underlying issues?  Most likely.
But it also shows that as bad as we are. As bad as we think we are. We aren't as bad as we think we are. lol

Edited by KingTitan

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Texans have been building that roster for the last few years with top draft picks.

Have they, though?

2022 was the first year they even had a first since the Laremy Tunsil trade, and one of those picks seems like a good investment (Derek Stingley). Kenyon Green is either injured or ineffective and is probably not even starting next season, it would take a 180 to get to his 5th year option. Next draft is Stroud and Will Anderson, both very talented - but both rookies. You have some nice talent in later rounds (2022 includes Jalen Pitre, Christian Harris, Dameon Pierce and 2023 includes Tank Dell, Henry To'o To'o, Jarrett Patterson). All of these guys are playing incredibly well, but they're all Freshman/Sophomores. 

Outside of those two recent classes, the only real holdover is Nico Collins in 2021; Guys like Garrett Wallow, Davis Mills and Brevin Jordan are spot players at most. 2020 has Jon Greenard, but the rest of the roster is pretty much gone (Ross Blacklock, John Reid, etc). Part of this rebuild was centered on removing/surviving the decisions made by Bill O'Brien during his run as a GM - and that includes two years' worth of premium picks given up for Tunsil. (We're going to try to forget the ill advised trades for David Johnson, Brandin Cooks, Gaeron Conley, Duke Johnson... yuck, those were bad).

Honestly, we're about 6-8 months removed from people saying the Texans gave the Cardinals a premium pick for Will Anderson - the belief was that Arizona would be able to double up with Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr. That's decidedly not happening, this Texans team wasn't supposed to be in the playoff hunt until next season at earliest (once Stroud got weapons was a popular statement).

The Texans hit on two of the most important spots - QB and HC. Add to that a disruptive DE (3rd spot, maybe?) a playmaking CB (4th spot, maybe?) and you can see how this turnaround is a rather unexpected development - and a recent development given the muck Nick Caserio inherited.

• Like 1