Sore Subject.....

MDSteeler1971

who are we going to lose in UFA / retirement. If Ben retires, then consider a QB I should think. As the roster stands, I still think CB but Haden and burns are the duo. Burns needs to get better IMO. Why not draft a CB and have 3 good CB's in case of injury?

Well you know, the ILBs we have now suck.  Just like the commentator said last night during the game, the lack of Shazier's speed at ILB is why that no-name RB from the Ratbirds was breaking off so many long runs.  Our ILBs were too slow to cut him off for no/short gains.  BUT, those DBs gave up a ton of big plays as well.  So with Haden out, his replacement was a steaming pile of garbage.  Mike Mitchell has needed replaced for a few years now.  Sean Davis looked horrific last night as well.  Burns is mediocre as well IMO.  So the entire secondary needs overhauled.  ILB is obviously a big need if Shazier is out.  Probably the biggest need, or at least tied with CB with Haden out.  But, if Ben retires, obviously QB trumps all.  In a perfect world, Josh Allen from Wyoming comes out, slides to 2 or 3 (He's a projected 1-3 on Walterfootball right now, but I always hear top 10 with him....which is a joke since I've seen him play against Iowa where he looked horrible but still flashed raw ability that I'd seen against lesser competition......I said the same thing about Paxton Lynch.  I saw Lynch play against SMU and he looked amazing.  I saw him play against Auburn in a bowl game, and he looked totally outclassed, since his team was vastly inferior and all he threw were bubble screens all game long.)  The Paxton Lynch type guys are why I hope he slides, but instead of throwing him to the Wolves behind a bad OL and with bad weapons, he would be able to sit behind Ben for a year or two, and then ease into it behind a good OL with elite weapons (if Brown and Bell are still around and playing well by then).  In 1 or 2 you take a CB and an ILB.  Wherever the value presents itself.

On 12/11/2017 at 3:35 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

The ILB class seems pretty terrible so what if we took one of the many SS prospects and tried to convert him? Maybe Ronnie Harrison? He looks to have the frame to add 10lbs. 

Considering the ILB I asked about is considered the best in the class why would you go with someone rated lower?

Archived