2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

He’s going to cost slightly over 20 mill which pretty soon is going to be the norm even for a #2 WR, I don’t understand how y’all don’t get the cap roses every yr, & players continue to reset the market. This not the NFL of old, heck RT make all much as LT, G makes as much as T’s. Only teams that are contenders with proven QB play typically get players to sign at a discount, the rest over pay nature of the business. 

I'm aware that the cap rises every year. Everyone is, so you're not some genius to keep pointing that out.

I'm saying he still wouldn't be worth $25+ million a year (what some numbers thrown around he might cost in other threads IIRC) even with the rising cap, unless it rises by $30 million every year. If he costs roughly $20 million, then okay.

Edited by seminoles1

33 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s irrational, but man am I anxious for some more moves.

Feels like we are gonna wait it out for budget territory. 

I am ok with not forcing things. No need to spend to spend just cause we have the money.

We have alot of holes if we can wait and allow us to grab more pieces I am all for that. 

Edited by twotonebluenation

I wish I could scream from roof tops NOBODY WANTS TREYLON BURKS!!! He is in no way "collateral" for anything. Especially the chiefs who clearly just failed trying to reform a bust of a 1st round pick. 

It would also cost us more cap wise to trade him, than to keep him. He has ZERO trade value. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm aware that the cap rises every year. Everyone is, so you're not some genius to keep pointing that out.

I'm saying he still wouldn't be worth $25+ million a year (what some numbers thrown around he might cost in other threads IIRC) even with the rising cap, unless it rises by $30 million every year. If he costs roughly $20 million, then okay.

Nobody is claiming to be some genius tightwad, I’m saying because you constantly keep saying he’s not worth 20-25 mill, common sense should tell you as long as the cap keep rising these deals literally look like a bargain a year or 2 from now especially when Justin Jefferson asking for 40 mill & Ceede lamb & chase will do nothing but reset it. Excuse da FuQ out of me 

24 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Nobody is claiming to be some genius tightwad, I’m saying because you constantly keep saying he’s not worth 20-25 mill, common sense should tell you as long as the cap keep rising these deals literally look like a bargain a year or 2 from now especially when Justin Jefferson asking for 40 mill & Ceede lamb & chase will do nothing but reset it. Excuse da FuQ out of me 

It's not a bargain if they aren't worth it, and I don't think Ridley is worth it. Overpaying an average player as a top 10 guy (which is what that contract would put him as right now) is a big mistake IMO. I fully understand that the cap rises, but that still puts him in a tier with Terry McLaurin Deebo Samuel and DK Metcalf, and ahead of Michael Pittman, Mike Evans and DJ Moore for the next couple seasons. Ridley doesn't deserve to be in either group, and not even close in my eyes.

I'll eat crow if average #2 WRs are getting $20-25 million a year 2 years from now. Ridiculous. But even with the cap rising, he won't drop below a top 15 WR contract 2 years from now if it's $25 million a year.

I just don't think he'll recover his 2020 form. If he does, then he's worth it. If he doesn't, then he's very overpaid at that number. $20 million or below? Fine. I won't like it, but whatever. Every dollar more than that, then the bigger mistake it becomes to me.

Damn man. We gotta figure out our O line. Idk man. I would like to go WR first, but we have two literal holes at RT and LT. The options left are pretty damn uninspiring. 

Smith is great. But never plays. We don't need that.

Beckton seems like a dude who doesn't care.

Maybe Fant? 

Idk. We gotta figure it out.

Tired of trotting out Duncan, Dillard, Radunz , NPF, and acting like its gonna eventually work. And tbh Brunskill is alright, but I don’t love him as a long term solution.

I really want a weapon. But these O line concerns are pushing me back towards tackle at 7.

Interested to see what Ran is gonna do to make this line work. Last thing I want is for Levis to continually get hurt. Would rather watch my qb play than risk it on another weapon.

Edited by twotonebluenation