2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah I'm not opposed to it either. 

Remind me is he better man coverage vs. the zone heavy Vrabel scheme?

I wanna say he’s better in man but I honestly can’t remember. 

I hate overreaction. Negative and positive. Don't know why I keep getting surprised. 

Every offseason. It's something. 

WR- what are we gonna do? We not doing anything. Then we trade for Julio. Sign D-Hop. Success and failure but move was made. 

Now it's we are gonna suck because we don't have an ILB outside of Murray. (in March). 

Need a DT but Autry wasn't a pure DT. We need another edge, and Young is visiting. 

I just get annoyed trying to judge an incomplete picture. It's my personal thing. Not saying it's wrong for anyone that is upset. But I just find it difficult to hear/read. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah I'm not opposed to it either. 

Remind me is he better man coverage vs. the zone heavy Vrabel scheme?

He’s better at man struggles playing zone  off coverage doesn’t understand route concepts & thinks too much giving up too much cushion for the WR’s to eat up. Love me some adoree, but he just stays hurt 

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I hate overreaction. Negative and positive. Don't know why I keep getting surprised. 

Every offseason. It's something. 

WR- what are we gonna do? We not doing anything. Then we trade for Julio. Sign D-Hop. Success and failure but move was made. 

Now it's we are gonna suck because we don't have an ILB outside of Murray. (in March). 

Need a DT but Autry wasn't a pure DT. We need another edge, and Young is visiting. 

I just get annoyed trying to judge an incomplete picture. It's my personal thing. Not saying it's wrong for anyone that is upset. But I just find it difficult to hear/read. 

I don’t think it’s we’re going to suck as much as we are just littered with holes on defense. It’s literally a starting DE, a starting NT, a starting ILB, a starting S and a starting CB. And a pass rusher to rotate with Landry and Key. 

Im not panicked since I don’t think we’re destined for great things in 2024 and adding Cushenberry, Ridley, Pollard and hopefully Alt should give us a relatively clear picture of what we have in Levis. And if it’s not great, then the defense probably won’t carry us to wins and we’ll be in a spot to go QB next year. And if it is great, then who cares, the defense can be a focus next year.

Its just wild to have so much of the starting defense completely up in the air. I like what Ran’s done, the pickings are just real bare at OT, DL, LB and CB and we only have two picks in the top 100. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don’t think it’s we’re going to suck as much as we are just littered with holes on defense. It’s literally a starting DE, a starting NT, a starting ILB, a starting S and a starting CB. And a pass rusher to rotate with Landry and Key. 

Im not panicked since I don’t think we’re destined for great things in 2024 and adding Cushenberry, Ridley, Pollard and hopefully Alt should give us a relatively clear picture of what we have in Levis. And if it’s not great, then the defense probably won’t carry us to wins and we’ll be in a spot to go QB next year. And if it is great, then who cares, the defense can be a focus next year.

Its just wild to have so much of the starting defense completely up in the air. I like what Ran’s done, the pickings are just real bare at OT, DL, LB and CB and we only have two picks in the top 100. 

Not that this is going to happen.

But I'd trade a top 10-15ish defense for a mid offense right bout now. 

Give me an offense that can average 24ish points next season and defend that gives up about 23ish (Lions) I'll be happy. 

Bit so far this version of the Titans seems to know what is needed. Even if they didn't sign Baker they brought him in knowing they need to add another LB. 

I think it would be more concerning if we heard they didn't even try to get a LB. 

Seems they know we need another CB (Sneed rumors). Need another safety (Simmons/CGJ/Diggs rumors). 

Need another DL ( Young visit).

THe only thing not really out there is another OT. But they signed Charles so they added a vet to the line. 

I guess we will see what happens in the next few weeks and after the draft. It may not be a deep LB class but there are a couple in there worth drafting. 👍🏾

Not having a 3rd just sucks. I feel like we are gonna miss out on a WR this year and this year looks like such a good WR class. But if we go into the draft with 2 holes at OT, dline, edge, ILB, S, and corner. I don't see where we can use one of our top picks on a WR.

I still see a path though where I'm not panicking yet. Sign people/positions like Chase Young, Isaiah Simmons, Marcus Maye, Rock Ya-Sin, Josh Jones/Isaiah Wynn and that at least gives a little flexibility where we are not pidgeon holed into certain picks. Draft Joe Alt, Xavier Legette, and the best DT, then you can just cover depth the rest of the draft.

Yeah, if we want to maximize our draft ability, trading down from 38 may be a necessity. I think ideally, we would spend an early pick on OT, IDL, WR, and CB. But we only have two early picks, so one of those spots is fixed with a fourth, and the other is effectively ignored.

Trading down may be enough to pick up another fourth rounder, which would at least be something. It’s a deep WR class and the early Day 3 talent at IDL is very solid.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, if we want to maximize our draft ability, trading down from 38 may be a necessity. I think ideally, we would spend an early pick on OT, IDL, WR, and CB. But we only have two early picks, so one of those spots is fixed with a fourth, and the other is effectively ignored.

Trading down may be enough to pick up another fourth rounder, which would at least be something. It’s a deep WR class and the early Day 3 talent at IDL is very solid.

I think WR is the position where you can likely still get a contributor in the 4th. Won't be a star but someone that help. 

I'm feeling they feel good about WR spot for the year as far as starters. With Hopkins, Ridley. Burks/Phillips/NWI. The. Adding someone in the draft and maybe one more cheap vet. 

Not ideal but somewhat possible. 

I think they will hit up CB in the first two picks if Sneed doesn't happen. 

I'm not sure how important the DT and LB will be in Wilson's scheme. LB night just need an athletic guy opposed to a  true diagnosing LB. 

DT might just need a bigger body that can still  be had in FA to a degree or late in the draft. 

Just a working theory lol. 

But I hope they trade down with one of those first two picks. 2nd preferred. 

• Like 1